Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

I tried telling the chick the dates were wrong and she didn't want to believe me.

We should know the dates within a couple months as UK residents get FFP tickets before us.. Its been like this for the last 5yrs.
All of you, stop it with your historical trends and validated patience. There's no way we can actually tell what Universal is going to do because HHN is the ultimate in unpredictability and is formulaic in no way, whatsoever.

I tried telling the chick the dates were wrong and she didn't want to believe me.

We should know the dates within a couple months as UK residents get FFP tickets before us.. Its been like this for the last 5yrs.

I have zero inside information, but I'd still bet money first night will be 9/15, final (scheduled) night will be 10/31. To me the only real question is the number of Wednesdays and possibly Tuesdays.

I have zero inside information, but I'd still bet money first night will be 9/15, final (scheduled) night will be 10/31. To me the only real question is the number of Wednesdays and possibly Tuesdays.
I also have no inside information, but my guess is the reason the dates haven't been announced is there is some internal debate wether to add the following weekend in November. I agree with the 15th though, just makes sense. Only obstacle I could see to that is Rock the Universe, anyone know if Night of Joy dates have been announced or when they typically are announced?

Edit: I see now that NoJ is scheduled for the 8th & 9th, so I would assume the 15th is almost garunteed to be the opening night.

Last edited:
I also have no inside information, but my guess is the reason the dates haven't been announced is there is some internal debate wether to add the following weekend in November. I agree with the 15th though, just makes sense. Only obstacle I could see to that is Rock the Universe, anyone know if Night of Joy dates have been announced or when they typically are announced?

Edit: I see now that NoJ is scheduled for the 8th & 9th, so I would assume the 15th is almost garunteed to be the opening night.

Alt take:

They know the exact dates and know messaging is important. Why clog the impending Potter celebration and Mardis Gra excitement with small news about something in the fall? Wait for maximum impact and hype from the blog train. And UOR probably knows exactly when guests started booking on site hotels for HHN and are planning around that accordingly

Alt take:

They know the exact dates and know messaging is important. Why clog the impending Potter celebration and Mardis Gra excitement with small news about something in the fall? Wait for maximum impact and hype from the blog train. And UOR probably knows exactly when guests started booking on site hotels for HHN and are planning around that accordingly
And add that booking for onsite hotels for HHN has started way earlier than it used to during the past two years.

Alt take:

Certainly plausible, I was just looking for the most likely thing that would cause them to shift from past precedent. Since going a little further into November was new last year and they've made the same shift in Hollywood and since HP Celebration and Mardi Gras are unchanged from the past few years I'm just leaning more towards Nov dates being considered. In fact when others suggested before the end of HHN 26 that the dates would be announced the following day as in the past I suggested that they might think over November for the following year and might not be as quick to announce them. All that being said it could be either of those or something entirely different that we're not even thinking about, who knows.:)

About the queue construction debate a few pages back, none of the queues can be built ahead of time. The most permanent queue is the one in front of the stage and that area is used for Rock the Universe just days before the event. The tent queues as well as the soundstage queues have to be torn down during the day because those are active backstage roadways. The queues through KidZone are torn down so that those areas can operate normally during the day. The Shrek house queue is reconfigured after the park closes because of how the line works for the remaining theatre.

As far as speculations:

9 houses + 1 upcharge house
5 IP and 4 originals
1 IP will be a sequel to a previous house (probably AHS)
Scream Queens is unlikely to happen, expect a Blumhouse house
1 original will be a reboot or sequel to a previous house
1 original will be related to the icon
The upcharge house will still feature VR and be related to Legendary Truth, but will otherwise be different

2 shows
normal streets + roaming hoardes

I wonder If the new Chucky movie could mean he shows up at the event? I didn't see the Chucky house, but I know he's been featured a couple of times in one form or another.
It was fun seeing him at HHN25. I was kind of hoping they would go with puppets for him rather than a walk around character. If we get something more substantial perhaps this could be this years puppet house since they seem to be doing so well with them.

I wonder If the new Chucky movie could mean he shows up at the event? I didn't see the Chucky house, but I know he's been featured a couple of times in one form or another.

I love how they low key rebooted that series. Curse of Chucky was a good movie and I hope this one holds up to be about the same. Unfortunately, with Curse and Cult both being direct to home video and VOD, it doesn't have the recognition that the earlier installments have.

That being said, we've seen Halloween, Freddy, Jason and Leatherface in the past 2 years. It's about time for Chucky. I think we might get the OG Child's Play.

I love how they low key rebooted that series. Curse of Chucky was a good movie and I hope this one holds up to be about the same. Unfortunately, with Curse and Cult both being direct to home video and VOD, it doesn't have the recognition that the earlier installments have.

That being said, we've seen Halloween, Freddy, Jason and Leatherface in the past 2 years. It's about time for Chucky. I think we might get the OG Child's Play.

If Hollywood gets multiple scarezones (unlike last year), I wouldn't be shocked to see Chucky as a scarezone again like how Curse was in 2013.

I would love to see a proper Chucky house again, but if it happens; I wouldn't be shocked if it'd be a dual coast situation.

There is material from the series that they can pull, as it's also not like people don't know who the doll is.

I didn't see Chucky on the balcony but the videos are off the hook! I hope there is a reprise of that, it looks like so much fun!

As we are more and more sharing IPs with Hollywood, I think it's a good idea to pay attention to John Murdy's Tweets. Earlier he stated that the treatment for the first maze was quite long. This implies an "uber-house". After he completed this, he mentioned he was reading the script for an as yet unreleased film - implying that would be the second maze.

More recently he has given the actual codename for the first maze: Lemonade. He is notoriously "carny" about such clues, and it may be a bit too obvious, but I can't help thinking of Beyoncé. The music video for her song "Formation" from the Lemonade album has a number of scenes strongly reminiscent of AHS: Coven. If the first house is an uberhouse and code named Lemonade, AHS seems likely.

Last night he Tweeted that the second maze was the "trickiest" property to realize into a maze. Even tricker than The Exorcist had been.
could he be playing on a stupid pun? One film yet to be released is the sequel to Trick 'r Treat.

Again, Murdy's clues are not usually so cut and dried and often are ridiculously convoluted, and he loves red herrings. So this should only be seen as guesswork. Plus, we don't always share IPs with Hollywood, although lately it's been more often than not.

I took Lemonade to be a AHS reference as well. It would also make sense as one of the first things they're working on since they probably had it locked up pretty early in the process.

As much as I hope you're right about the "script for an unreleased movie" clue to be Trick R Treat 2, I doubt it. From what I've heard, that film is still very early in the development stages, and not likely to release this year. Unless they pull a 10 Cloverfield Lane on us (which would be awesome).

Of course, it's possible that "trickiest" and the script aren't referencing the same house. If that's the case, then I'd say "trickiest" is a strong contender for TRT2....or a complete red herring.