Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

I don't imagine families with kids are doing EPCOT for 2 days instead.

Nope - just 1 and 1. Epcot and MK have two distinct groups that dont tend to overlap. There is a percent that does every park, but many dont. MK gets families with young children and Epcot gets adults, families with young adults. This i moving some of those families from MK to Epcot in my opinion.

Nope - just 1 and 1. Epcot and MK have two distinct groups that dont tend to overlap. There is a percent that does every park, but many dont. MK gets families with young children and Epcot gets adults, families with young adults. This i moving some of those families from MK to Epcot in my opinion.

I gotcha now. That's an interesting turn of events.

Listened to Disney Dish today, sounds like resorts is pressuring for Avatar to open earlier as their sales are soft this summer so far. Len also dropped info that Cinderella's Table has A LOT of openings over the next few months. Previously you'd need to call in right at 7am 180 days out to get a table, now it's freely available. A sign of weak demand or increased offerings?

I've heard the recent AP/CM discounts at resort signatures are due to increased pressure from Disney Springs, but not convinced anything competes with eating in the Castle.

Let's be honest, tho, a new festival at EPCOT would probably do more for resorts than Avatar will.

In my head cannon...

Frozenstrom happened. Whatever made it happen, happened. Let's move beyond intent and perceptions that allowed it to happen and look at the results.

Prior to Frozenstrom, as far as Disney was concerned people (read: fams with kids) won't go to Epcot and won't make World Showcase a priority. They have no data points that say so, and so it's simply not a thing.

So now they do go and it's a highlight of their trip. And being Epcot, there's high guest spending and yadda yadda. Disney realizes they can put money in World Showcase and get money back.

So the wheels start turning. Where to build? France/Japan/UK are prime spots to balance things out. France and Japan have the best layouts for expansion, France has a ride that could be plopped in quickly thematically.

And France is right next to a new transport system that they want to promote at a little used back entrance of the park to drive DVC sales at two resort expansions.

In my head cannon...

Frozenstrom happened. Whatever made it happen, happened. Let's move beyond intent and perceptions that allowed it to happen and look at the results.

Prior to Frozenstrom, as far as Disney was concerned people (read: fams with kids) won't go to Epcot and won't make World Showcase a priority. They have no data points that say so, and so it's simply not a thing.

So now they do go and it's a highlight of their trip. And being Epcot, there's high guest spending and yadda yadda. Disney realizes they can put money in World Showcase and get money back.

So the wheels start turning. Where to build? France/Japan/UK are prime spots to balance things out. France and Japan have the best layouts for expansion, France has a ride that could be plopped in quickly thematically.

And France is right next to a new transport system that they want to promote at a little used back entrance of the park to drive DVC sales at two resort expansions.

I was informed Frozen didn't hit the goals they were looking for Epcot. But I could be wrong.

I was watching a show on Netflix about Australian Customs and they looked in a guys phone and saw text message about him working for someone on a tourist Visa .They would not let him in the country .So that is Probably not the reason UK Tourism is down Dollar is up against pound so that is a more likely reason than Phone search.

I was watching a show on Netflix about Australian Customs and they looked in a guys phone and saw text message about him working for someone on a tourist Visa .They would not let him in the country .So that is Probably not the reason UK Tourism is down Dollar is up against pound so that is a more likely reason than Phone search.

People like privacy nor do they like their passwords in a database.

Weirdly, I think if I went to Orlando this year compared to last year, it would be a lot cheaper. I think I'm put off travelling to the US until everything going on cools down. Having to give up passwords for FB and Twitter is ridiculous.

Bringing "enough" guests to WS in the morning to level load the parks, profit from merch and changes, reduce people going off property, and guest satisfaction.
I can see that first one, assuming you are going to Epcot for FEA and can only get a fastpass for the afternoon, you may stay at the resort in the AM or go to MK first depending on your kids ages. That being said, I agree that if they get the Rat in France and another C/D ride in England (Poppins) that FP distribution and timing might lead families to give more time to Epcot. Inside Out at Imagination would be another solid draw for families.
Again, many are first timers with kids at Epcot, not knowing how their children will react to the park and having the expectation that it is an "adult" type location without having actually been there.

I can see that first one, assuming you are going to Epcot for FEA and can only get a fastpass for the afternoon, you may stay at the resort in the AM or go to MK first depending on your kids ages. That being said, I agree that if they get the Rat in France and another C/D ride in England (Poppins) that FP distribution and timing might lead families to give more time to Epcot. Inside Out at Imagination would be another solid draw for families.
Again, many are first timers with kids at Epcot, not knowing how their children will react to the park and having the expectation that it is an "adult" type location without having actually been there.

As a kid, I hated EPCOT and I think even now, I know if I was 8 years old again and visiting for the first time, I'd probably still feel the same even with TT, MS and Soarin'.

Bringing "enough" guests to WS in the morning to level load the parks, profit from merch and changes, reduce people going off property, and guest satisfaction.

Well then that's their own fault - it's not like this was a major investment. If it was built from the ground up with Pirates level capacity it could probably do all of those things. As it stands, people know they need that FP or have extremely little chance of getting to ride it.

I think i've mentioned it before, but there's usually a direct correlation to a ride's "ticket" level (and therefor its effect on the whole park) and its capacity.

Spaceship Earth sees more guests than pretty much anything - the largest percent of park guests per day ride it. It's the park icon. Something like 70% or more of park guests.

Test Track and Soarin vary but do like 50-60% of guests. They bring people in and are generally considered "e-tickets."

Frozen can't possibly do more than like maybe 30%. On a good day. If it's lucky. 20% is probably very reasonable.

That's not going to bring people in or change park patterns. In the early hours that's a 2% or less shift in where park guests would be otherwise in the park. Obviously that wont change the dynamics.

I think i've mentioned it before, but there's usually a direct correlation to a ride's "ticket" level (and therefor its effect on the whole park) and its capacity.

Spaceship Earth sees more guests than pretty much anything - the largest percent of park guests per day ride it. It's the park icon. Something like 70% or more of park guests.

Test Track and Soarin vary but do like 50-60% of guests. They bring people in and are generally considered "e-tickets."

Frozen can't possibly do more than like maybe 30%. On a good day. If it's lucky. 20% is probably very reasonable.

That's not going to bring people in or change park patterns. In the early hours that's a 2% or less shift in where park guests would be otherwise in the park. Obviously that wont change the dynamics.
This reminds me of the conversation we had last spring before Frozen opened. Many of us were of the opinion that it wouldn't be a big positive for Epcot due to it's poor capacity. The thought was that the guests' expectations that couldn't get on the ride, due to the lack of capacity, would cause a lot of negative reactions at guest relations. Disappointed tourists with their children screaming that they want to ride Frozen, but their parents didn't make the fastpass cut at the 59day 59 minute 59 second mark, are not a force to alienate.

This reminds me of the conversation we had last spring before Frozen opened. Many of us were of the opinion that it wouldn't be a big positive for Epcot due to it's poor capacity. The thought was that the guests' expectations that couldn't get on the ride, due to the lack of capacity, would cause a lot of negative reactions at guest relations. Disappointed tourists with their children screaming that they want to ride Frozen, but their parents didn't make the fastpass cut at the 59day 59 minute 59 second mark, are not a force to alienate.
While I still loathe the idea of Frozen in Norway, i'm also of the belief that the major capacity concerns regarding Frozen is why they all of a sudden remembered that World Showcase exists. The execs can't like all of those people standing in a long line instead of spending money.

While I still loathe the idea of Frozen in Norway, i'm also of the belief that the major capacity concerns regarding Frozen is why they all of a sudden remembered that World Showcase exists. The execs can't like all of those people standing in a long line instead of spending money.

There's not that many people in the line. The low capacity and high Fastpass distribution makes what would a short line into a long wait.

Soarin was a line that held an insane number of bodies.