Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

They visit Tivan in Vol 1 not 2 but yes the cocoon is definitely supposed to be a nod to Adam. That was confirmed by James Gunn.

I seriously wish I was joking but the ride does involve 3D glasses.

You know, the comments of people getting motion sickness suddenly make a lot more sense now. Since if they've got the screens going on during the drop sequence, that's not a good combination right there.

Have they said when this ride takes place timeline wise? For all we know this takes place after Vol 2. The building can be seen in the background of one of the shots of the new Thor film coming out and I would assume that film takes place after Vol 2.

This still makes no sense as all the promo art features BABY GROOT, not teenage groom as scene in the post credits scene.

The 3D may not last very long because everybody is getting nauseous. It's FJ but even worse in terms of how many people are getting sick.
I think we'll see a very similar scenario to USH's FJ. I seriously doubt the glasses will stay for long after so many people get sick.

Seriously, who thought adding 3D to a drop ride was a good idea?
This still makes no sense as all the promo art features BABY GROOT, not teenage groom as scene in the post credits scene.
Well, the ride could take place after Vol. 2 and before that sequence.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I m not reading anywhere else that mentions 3D glasses. Any idea where you got this ush.hacker? I find it odd that everyone who has been on it hasn't mentioned 3D glasses.

Last edited:
Honestly if they haven't thought about how the attraction looks, the motion sickness aspect or the public reaction to retheming Tower of Terror, I very much doubt they have thought about puttting it coherently in the movie time line...

Eh I don't know. If Disney is definitely good at one thing it's building a good story around a ride. But I guess we will all found out soon enough!

Honestly if they haven't thought about how the attraction looks, the motion sickness aspect or the public reaction to retheming Tower of Terror, I very much doubt they have thought about puttting it coherently in the movie time line...

I asked someone on twitter and they said no to the 3D glasses rumour.

Thats quite odd. My good friends, girlfriends Aunt is an Imagineer. She got to ride it early on Tuesday I believe. Also, we knew the 3D was coming since the ride is 100% screens....But, who's the idiot that thought 3D and screens on a drop ride was a good idea.

(My good friends, dog is cousins with an employee at USH who is friends with a CM who knew an Imagineer at Disney....:dance:)

Last edited:
I would imagine so. I understood from the moment I even heard this rumor that if they did this, it would be screen-heavy. Screen resolution has gotten so clear and well-done now (as seen with Shanghai's Pirates), that 3D would be pointless. It looks amazing and seamless on that ride without glasses.

While people are complaining about the motion sickness, I'm glad to hear that the ride profile is more intense than ToT. I thought ToT was too tame.

Now, when people say it's 100% screens, does that mean they replaced the hallway scene with a screen completely?

I like it. Is it perfect? Nope. Do I understand people's critiques of it? Yup. But I can live with this. It's not going to keep me from enjoying it.

Also, I'm really enjoying the Winnie the Pooh theme song coupled with this video.