Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not seeing 4k rooms here unless it is going to be really tall I am counting 8 stories
According to Orlando Sentinel:

The resort is proposed to be split between Universal Boulevard with 1,200 rooms on the west side and the remaining 2,800 on the east side.

Did someone say surfboard?

dWxzA.gif

The new concepts give me a serious All-Stars vibe.

I'm thinking the new hotels will make up Universal's "value category", CBR + Sapphire Falls will make up a moderate category, and the rest will be deluxe.

I really hope the city doesn't let them continue with this plan. The City has been trying to give the area a more walk-able and urban feel, and this does not achieve that goal in anyway. They could have at least built the hotel to the road, but instead they are proposing a berm all around the hotels to separate them from I-Drive. I may actually show up to a the City Council meeting where this project is discussed.

I really hope the city doesn't let them continue with this plan. The City has been trying to give the area a more walk-able and urban feel, and this does not achieve that goal in anyway. They could have at least built the hotel to the road, but instead they are proposing a berm all around the hotels to separate them from I-Drive. I may actually show up to a the City Council meeting where this project is discussed.
Lol, that will make them completely change their plans. LOL.

Last edited:
Lol, that will make them completely change their plans. LOL. Some people think they should be able to tell other people what to do with their own property. As of right now that area is a mixture of run down motels, cheap roadside carnival attractions and gift shops. But let me know how that works out for you. I'm sure it's a good use of your time.
Mind your tone please. The City controls zoning and the such, which controls what you can build. It's the same reason why I can't buy Suntrust Center and build a little country home in its place.

Universal will need to change the zoning to Master Planned area in order to get this built from Specially Planned Metropolitan Activity Center because the later has certain restrictions on how a building can/cannot interact with the surrounding major roadways.

Mind your tone please. The City controls zoning and the such, which controls what you can build. It's the same reason why I can't buy Suntrust Center and build a little country home in its place.

Universal will need to change the zoning to Master Planned area in order to get this built from Specially Planned Metropolitan Activity Center because the later has certain restrictions on how a building can/cannot interact with the surrounding major roadways.
Yeah, the city just approved a tower with a roller coaster right down the street. I'm sure this isn't a problem. lol

Yeah, the city just approved a tower with a roller coaster right down the street. I'm sure this isn't a problem. lol
Which abides by the codes. Notice how that abuts the road and provides multiple pedestrian exits/entrances onto the public ROW, yet this hotel project puts a berm there instead.

Which abides by the codes. Notice how that abuts the road and provides multiple pedestrian exits/entrances onto the public ROW, yet this hotel project puts a berm there instead.
Ok, that must be so important to you. You must pass by it everyday. Have a good day.

Shame that there doesn't appear to be a mini-Boarwalk type deal along the lake.
Is that not a boardwalk starting from the white box with an x (in between the pool and the lake) going down

Attachments

• screen-shot-2017-05-19-at-25803-pm-2.png
    screen-shot-2017-05-19-at-25803-pm-2.png
    994.4 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.