Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Niles just did his Pandora Review on Theme Park Insider. He gives the land high marks. Niles loved FOP and said it was so good that he felt sad when it was over. So he got right back on it again. He said FOP is what people always bragged about Soarin being but Soarin never delivered on. Niles also said FOP created the sensation of flying better than any ride he's ever been on. But he wasn't too enamored with Navii River Journey. He called it the world's most expensive Tunnel of Love. Interestingly, he one upped those $1 billion dollar estimates of the land that have been bandied about. He said reports place it at $1.4 Billion.

The drum performance reminded me of a the construction builders show at Universal. Except is was worse in a more expensive setting.
Still haven't seen the interactive pathways and plant other than the squirt plant.

I think they realized it'll be a nightmare to keep it functioning. It would've also been inconsistent to have the indoor queue with reactive walkways and the ones outdoors without it. I'm okay with how they look. They sell flip flops with lights on it and I think some toys react with the floors. Not 100% sure.

I thought I heard it was because they just couldn't get it to work right when more than a single test person was walking over it (i.e. crowds of people).

I'm at the park today. Doesn't look like there's going to be any softs, at least not this morning. TV and radio shows are broadcasting live here until 4pm. So I'm thinking maybe after that. Maybe.

Robert Niles just did his Pandora Review on Theme Park Insider. He gives the land high marks. Niles loved FOP and said it was so good that he felt sad when it was over. So he got right back on it again. He said FOP is what people always bragged about Soarin being but Soarin never delivered on. Niles also said FOP created the sensation of flying better than any ride he's ever been on. But he wasn't too enamored with Navii River Journey. He called it the world's most expensive Tunnel of Love. Interestingly, he one upped those $1 billion dollar estimates of the land that have been bandied about. He said reports place it at $1.4 Billion.

That's absolutely insane if true. But it's important to remember that the general public could care less what something costs, as long as it's fun. And when is the last time Disney really blew people away with a ride system?

Yeah, I know the overflow budget will raise ticket prices, affects other projects, etc. But it seems like Disney finally has a solid win on their hands. That's worth a lot.

I can't wait to go on FOP. I'm there in two weeks, going to use those EMH to stay at AK til 1am.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
So, I guess there will not be any soft openings. :(

I don't blame them, it's not just a ride, but a whole land. Today there were members of the media and special groups wearing cool ACE lanyards coming in and out. I know TV shows and radio shows were broadcasting live much of the day as well.

They spent a good chunk of the day setting up stanchions and ropes for a queue in front of the entrance. I asked and they said it was for Saturday (and the foreseeable future.) As suspected they will limit the number of guests coming into Pandora for the opening days.

The Africa entrance will only be used for guests to exit as expected as well (if they use it at all for the first week.)

IMG_5510b.jpg

IMG_5698b.jpg

IMG_5693b.jpg

Here's the road to Pandora behind the Festival of the Lion King bathrooms:
IMG_5559b.jpg

While I was hoping to get in once more there before the massive crowds come in a couple days, at least I was able to sit down and enjoy the quietude of Nomad Lounge before it's overrun by overflow from Pandora forever.
IMG_5602b.jpg

I have a suspicion they wouldn't build the queue and just leave it up.. maybe not today, but certainly tomorrow there's a good chance.

As for capacity - Entry only from Tiffins walkway, Africa is an exit only for the time being. Then there's 3 levels they're using to communicate it - 1 - it's busy but open, 2 - it's standby line by Tiffins of less than 30 mins, 3 - standby line by Tiffins greater than 30mins

Also, the test seat has restraints to try:

And the wands in Diagon aren't magic, they're sticks with sensors in the ends of them that trigger mechanical effects. Outside of being an ass, what's his point?

Bioluminescence is the production and emission of light by a living organism. It is a form of chemiluminescence.

Are those plants livng or fake? Thats the point. Words have meanings.

Bioluminescence is the production and emission of light by a living organism. It is a form of chemiluminescence.

And for the purposes of the land, those plants are bioluminescent, because they're supposed to be taken as real. It's just like the wands; everyone over the age of ten knows that they're not *really* magic wands, , but the lands rely on our accepting them as real for the purposes of furthering the story.

He's not accomplishing anything other than being mad that a theme park has elements to it that are fake.

And for the purposes of the land, those plants are bioluminescent, because they're supposed to be taken as real. It's just like the wands; everyone over the age of ten knows that they're not *really* magic wands, , but the lands rely on our accepting them as real for the purposes of furthering the story.

He's not accomplishing anything other than being mad that a theme park has elements to it that are fake.

But they are interactive wants which i hear more often than magic wands because they actually you know interact with things.

But they are interactive wants which i hear more often than magic wands because they actually you know interact with things.
And that has to do with the plants... how? Besides, the wizards in Diagon aren't selling you a toy "in-universe"; they're selling you a "real" wand. The point remians that both the wands and the plants are technology-based features designed to further the theming of their respective lands. Being upset that the theme park's glowing plants were made by a sculptor instead of grown in a lab is just as silly as being mad about the magic wands not being able to do real magic.

Obviously we will see based on Saturday, but are people expecting Pandora to reach capacity quickly and then either do a standby line or return times/something like that? Seems like it would be an issue for people who have fast passes if that were to happen.

Last edited:

The plants you see are native to Pandora, a fictional alien world... on Pandora, they would be real, so bioluminescent is the correct term. Do you think they'd really say come see the fake glowy plants at the new area of animal Kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.