Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 413 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The percussion show is very okay lol. Love the idea of a percussion show and the stage looks awesome. It could just use a little something more, to be sure. And their yelling sounds like they're recording an anime dub :lol: I hope they go back to the drawing board and craft a Na'vi folktale or myth and incorporate percussion into the storytelling because at the moment it just kinda seems like "this drum connects us". I think that would really elevate it to something more captivating.

Reactions: Andysol and Alicia
I was really looking forward to Pandora- thought it would be insane. Was looking forward to VB also, but thought Pandora would take the cake and was more excited for it during construction.
After now getting walk-throughs of both- my excitement level for VB is significantly higher than Pandora's now. It's really not even a contest.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Disney had softs too early for Pandora in my mind. Head-to-head with VB, Pandora doesn't look as cool because we've been drooling over Pandora pics and reviews for weeks now.

Pandora still looks great. It'll be an awesome land. I just call it as a small marketing fail.

Reactions: Andysol
I don't feel the need to compare the two projects. The only thing they have in common is that they're debuting at the same time. I admit my bias in saying that I'm excited for one of them immeasurably more than the other, but that's personal taste; this game of "Who's winning the hype battle?!" inevitably puts us back into the Us vs. Them dichotomy that is both uninteresting and counterproductive.

They both look like quality offerings for their respective audiences. It's going to be a great summer in Orlando.

I don't know - all I've heard about for VB is a lack of show scenes or effects. I was t expecting much but there doesn't seem to even be lighting or anything with the slides. That brings it down a lot for me.

Reactions: Miketheboss
I was promised reactive walkways.

#salty

I think they realized it'll be a nightmare to keep it functioning. It would've also been inconsistent to have the indoor queue with reactive walkways and the ones outdoors without it. I'm okay with how they look. They sell flip flops with lights on it and I think some toys react with the floors. Not 100% sure.

I think they realized it'll be a nightmare to keep it functioning. It would've also been inconsistent to have the indoor queue with reactive walkways and the ones outdoors without it. I'm okay with how they look. They sell flip flops with lights on it and I think some toys react with the floors. Not 100% sure.
The flip flops had LEDs that light up as you step.

Status
Not open for further replies.