Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Btw, ride times have drastically fallen off between even yesterday and today.

FoP is 90 minutes and NRJ is 90 minutes right now... yesterday FoP was 280 around this time.

I weep more for the people who waited 200+ minutes more, but yeah, anything more than 15-20 minutes is far too long for this attraction.

Hell, 15-20 may be too long for how lackluster the ride is.

The hyperbole is stunning. Ok, sure, it's not worth a 15 min wait. That must make it one of the worst rides on property. Get real.

The hyperbole is stunning. Ok, sure, it's not worth a 15 min wait. That must make it one of the worst rides on property. Get real.
I seriously would have to consider if I feel like wasting my time even if it was only 15 minutes.

Some people like the ride, I think it's pointless and about 5-7 minutes too short.

Reactions: jtsalien
That's not a of people in line for FOP if standby is running 60 minutes. Looking like capacity is 1200 to 1400 per hour at max and people like Niles are saying they're only doing about 1000 per hour with four theaters at this point in time.

That highlights the flaw of Disney's red card system: it only reflects the wait time that many hours ago.

When you see long lines as WDWNT posted it's because a theater went down between updating the wait times board.
Yes. Was at AK a couple of weeks ago. Dinosaur was listed at 40 minutes, but it was a walk on. Same at DHS. Star Tours was listed at 45 minutes. Rode it three times in a row as a walk on, got off, and it was still listed at 45 minutes. I didn't see anyone in the outside queue or in the inside queue area that you can see so I guessed it was just a typical bad time listing. Guessed right. Same thing happens at Universal. The standby line systems aren't very reliable.

That highlights the flaw of Disney's red card system: it only reflects the wait time that many hours ago.

When you see long lines as WDWNT posted it's because a theater went down between updating the wait times board.
I have heard strong rumors that the red cards are going away and the time will be calculated be Magic Bands.

Whether or not this will improve accuracy is questionable.

Yes, all the parks advertise, I live in the middle of the tourist district, I get to see all the ads. My point was they are running a truck up and down I-drive like its Cici's Pizza. I'm kind of surprised at how much advertising they feel they need to do for this.

Yes. Was at AK a couple of weeks ago. Dinosaur was listed at 40 minutes, but it was a walk on. Same at DHS. Star Tours was listed at 45 minutes. Rode it three times in a row as a walk on, got off, and it was still listed at 45 minutes. I didn't see anyone in the outside queue or in the inside queue area that you can see so I guessed it was just a typical bad time listing. Guessed right. Same thing happens at Universal. The standby line systems aren't very reliable.

The sad thing I see here is that Disney has all these folks wearing Magic Bands, there is NO reason they shouldn't know what wait times are anytime they want to crunch data.

I always noticed at night (this was pre MB) that the wait times at night did not mean anything for the consumer.

Reactions: Mad Dog