Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be one thing if Universal keeps replacing other lands or rides with more HP, but at least in this case they're plussing an already Potter themed part of their parks. Dragon Challenge becoming something more suitable for the land it's already in isn't so much reaching into the same bucket of gold as it is finally completing an existing experience in my eyes.

This!
If HP was an original island- do you think they build dueling dragons there? JK disliked DD. It's an eyesore. A fully realized FF gives us a better WWoHP: Hogsmeade than a Hogsmeade + DD.

People can argue the budget should have gone elsewhere- but not the land.
And personally, I don't think they're doing enough Potter. The fact they haven't capitalized on a Great Hall restaurant is insane. That should be priority over FF or MoM in terms of revenue and RoI.

ETA: I've asked this before, but never got an answer- Has anyone ridden Flight of Hippogriff in Hollywood? Does the brand new track that is built by Mack (USH) instead of Vekoma (USJ/UOR) ride better than our repurposed ~18 year old track in Orlando? Is it noticeably smoother? If they could move FoH (which they should to create a viewing area for projection show) and rebuild as the USH Mack, they could increase the trains from 18 to 20 passengers increasing capacity 10% instantly- although height requirement would go from 36" to 39".
ETA 2: Does anyone else think it's redundant to have the Hogwarts Express in Hogsmeade? When coming from DA, you get off a train, walk through a small forest, then see the train again? I understand why it's there if you're a hogsmeade only park (USH/USJ)- but with the addition of DA- couldn't that go, and we get a little more room? Personally, I like it still, it makes for good photo ops- but thematically, it doesn't really fit.

Last edited:
I don't doubt for a second that HP won't do what Star Wars did and bring back the original cast in 20 years for a new film and start the whole process again.
I don't see how that's possible seeing as Potter (moves) is based on actual literature whereas Star Wars is science-fiction.

It may have been in disarray, but there were still plenty of books, video games, and other media to keep the general public occupied.
I mean, there's more movies and media coming from Potter too...so :shrug:

There are plenty of people out there that couldn't care less about the boy wizard.

There are plenty of people who couldn't care less about Jedis and Sith either.

But there are many, many more people who care about Star Wars and Potter, so there's gonna be more Star Wars and Potter.

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA: I've asked this before, but never got an answer- Has anyone ridden Flight of Hippogriff in Hollywood? Does the brand new track that is built by Mack (USH) instead of Vekoma (USJ/UOR) ride better than our repurposed ~18 year old track in Orlando? Is it noticeably smoother?
Hippogriff at USH VS IOA is like night & day, so much smoother in Cali. I hardly ever ride it at IOA anymore but will do multiple runs at Hollywood.

Hippogriff at USH VS IOA is like night & day, so much smoother in Cali. I hardly ever ride it at IOA anymore but will do multiple runs at Hollywood.
Thanks. I would assume the brand new Mack built on their brand new platform (YoungStar) would be significantly different than a 18 year old vekoma. Of course, were talking kiddie coasters- but all the more reason for a tear down/replace.
They need an area for the castle projection without destroying the castle landscaping further- hippogriff is a prime spot. If they could move and rebuild with the Mack (again, 10% higher capacity)- they could improve one ride while fixing a significant issue they're about to experience first-hand come November.
It's gonna be a cluster

The point was that an "upgrade" isn't going to set the world on fire, unless it's a really big upgrade.

I guess we will see, How much of an upgrade it will be.

I'm cautiously optimistic after gringotts

The point was that an "upgrade" isn't going to set the world on fire, unless it's a really big upgrade.

Oh, I don't think it's going to do what Hogsmeade/Diagon did at all, but I don't think that's what it's meant to do. It's there to ensue people keep skipping a day or more at Disney to come to Universal after Star Wars opens, and I think it'll do that.

Oh, I don't think it's going to do what Hogsmeade/Diagon did at all, but I don't think that's what it's meant to do. It's there to ensue people keep skipping a day or more at Disney to come to Universal after Star Wars opens, and I think it'll do that.

I've sent this around to friends who've been to WWOHP and they're interested in going back sooner now. Same for the Christmas events.

I'm not convinced we'll see any boost from this. Which is good. I think Universal would be bleeding a bit in 2019 with SWL. No growth would be a happy alternative.

I've sent this around to friends who've been to WWOHP and they're interested in going back sooner now. Same for the Christmas events.

Im actually terrified at how popular this is going to be given the size of the land.
I expect opening year crowd levels.

I don't see how that's possible seeing as Potter (moves) is based on actual literature whereas Star Wars is science-fiction.

Does it matter? There is enough content to create 4 more sequels to Fantastic Beasts and I'm sure there will be a movie based on The Cursed Child at some point once the actors have aged enough and are offered enough money to return.

Does it matter? There is enough content to create 4 more sequels to Fantastic Beasts and I'm sure there will be a movie based on The Cursed Child at some point once the actors have aged enough and are offered enough money to return.
It does matter because Fantastic Beasts is set in a period of time well before Harry, Ron and Hermoine were ever born.

Cursed Child could be possible for a cameo, but I still doubt it. Plus the actors don't necessarily have a desire to come back either.

Here's a thought: When does Harry Potter stop being enough to expedite growth?

This question originated from another question: What's the next big thing Universal is going to have to do to continue piling in the visitors? We all know they want to match Disney attendance numbers.

Here's a thought: When does Harry Potter stop being enough to expedite growth?

This question originated from another question: What's the next big thing Universal is going to have to do to continue piling in the visitors? We all know they want to match Disney attendance numbers.

Nintendo opens in 2020/21.

Also, let's not forget both Kong and Transformers brought 10% gains to their prospective parks.

Let's also remember that franchises like Potter and SW don't grow on trees. The two are so far above everything else that it's impossible to nab "the next Harry Potter/Star Wars".

Simply put. Nintendo.
Nintendo opens in 2020/21.

Also, let's not forget both Kong and Transformers brought 10% gains to their prospective parks.

Let's also remember that franchises like Potter and SW don't grow on trees. The two are so far above everything else that it's impossible to nab "the next Harry Potter/Star Wars".

Certainly not arguing that either property (Nintendo/Kong/Transformers) aren't viable options or that anything coming down the pike wouldn't be either.

Maybe Universal doesn't need another Harry Potter to keep chipping away? However, I believe SWL will put the title of "must do" back into the pockets of Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.