Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ode to Universe of Energy

I never had a chance to ride it, but just a few minutes of a YouTube video was enough for me. Maybe it was better when the park first opened but wow.. I don't know how anyone could stand this for 30+ minutes. Do they allow you to bail mid-ride?

A large part is the scale and spectacle of it. We often say you can't judge from a YouTube video - but in the case of Energy it's really true. The vehicle movements are very impressively done.

It plays into the "epcot has a lot of films" cliche and then goes "Ha! Fooled ya!" when the theater breaks apart and starts moving.

And no you cannot bail halfway through. They warn you several times before it starts.

But people dumbly still do. And usually when the vehicles are moving which is extremely dangerous. It's the primary reason Energy has downtime. The system has to e-stop and be reset and gen safety guidelines require a test show.

A large part is the scale and spectacle of it. We often say you can't judge from a YouTube video - but in the case of Energy it's really true. The vehicle movements are very impressively done.

It plays into the "epcot has a lot of films" cliche and then goes "Ha! Fooled ya!" when the theater breaks apart and starts moving.

That makes sense. Just judging from a YouTube video though it seems horribly dated (especially the old Jeopardy set and dollar values), but then again people could say the same about ET at Unviersal (which is true) but would be kinda sad to see that go. Plus it does seem like the type of attraction that most likely wouldn't be made today, in terms of length and content.

And no you cannot bail halfway through. They warn you several times before it starts.

At least they're nice enough to do that. I wonder how many times it happened for them to have a warning about it.

At least they're nice enough to do that. I wonder how many times it happened for them to have a warning about it.

For me that undermined the attraction last time I visited. It's like saying "We know this is really long and boring, so if you're REALLY sure you want to sit through it then lets begin" - putting it in people's heads that they're going to be bored before they even start.

Well, it's busy today. 20mins which means it's running full shows and if you get in line you're likely in the second show to load (or waiting for it to load.)

Pics on twitter show the line wrapping around the reflecting pool and toward MS.

On a related note, MS is only 15mins.

Since they're using the full gap-space between the building and the fountain to fill and hold people, the break between shows should be roughly the tip of the fountain. Ahead of the tip and you're in next show to load, past the tip you're in the one after that.

Last edited:
Universe of Energy closes at 7PM, correct? If so, one could theoretically make it to the closing/last ride of both UoE and GMR.

Universe of Energy closes at 7PM, correct? If so, one could theoretically make it to the closing/last ride of both UoE and GMR.

Not sure how late Studios is open, but yes. Also not sure if they'll extend Energy.

And note that today Studios parking closed. So making the trek might take so long you can't get there in time.

For me that undermined the attraction last time I visited. It's like saying "We know this is really long and boring, so if you're REALLY sure you want to sit through it then lets begin" - putting it in people's heads that they're going to be bored before they even start.

While that's true, it is nice to give a warning. I wish I had one of those before Poseidon's Fury...

Wait times on the app aren't really reflecting Energy crowds. It's listing 5 mins but it was down and just came back up. As mentioned above, past the tip of the reflecting pool should be in the next show.

Yup! I know someone who went to both. The last ever ride of Ellen was at 7:15.

And now, UoE has closed...due to that the final ride broke down and they couldn't fix it.

We were on the very last ride when it e-stopped, and we evac'd the ride. The cast members weren't really in a hurry at first to get us to exit after we got out of the vehicles. There were a lot of people lingering around, taking pictures and such. Eventually a cast member was coaxing us to exit - basically, the sooner we exited, the sooner they could reset the ride and get us back on.

When we exited the ride, there was a group waiting to get back on, but our group decided that that evac experience was so neat and a great way to close the ride. Plus, we had been on the 3rd to last ride prior to that. And then, like you said, that ride we were evac'd on was the last ride ever anyway because they never did get it back up and running.

Glad the attraction is put out of its misery but I will miss it when the attraction was still new. Still don't think the attractions rough shape and age justifies GotG.

Anyway, please keep this thread for thoughts on UoE not GotG. I'll lock this thread once it calms down, just like the GMR one.

What a horrid, screen Screen SCREEN based, anxiety inducing attraction. I rode it once and went into a panic that it would never... ever, end.

You and I have very different definitions of what "screen based" means...

DGS655392.jpg

Universe-of-Energy-Dinosaurs-at-Epcot.jpg

ellen-energy-adventure-gallery02.jpg

308724640_YGSRp-M.jpg

5396510573_819421244a_z.jpg

There's a world of difference between an attraction using screens (perhaps extensively) and an attraction being "screen based."