Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal has their own traditions.

-Only cover 75% of the show building.

-Open everything before it's close to running properly.

-Master Planning like a 5 year old with ADHD on Red Bull. (If a project hasn't broken ground within 30 mins. of it's first mention in a meeting, replace with a more current project)

-"Why use a stupid toy robot when you can use a MASSIVE IMAX screen instead?"

-and my favorite tradition, "Hot Nurse W/Jello Shots".

Don't forget SCREENZ. If they had that tradition back in the early 90s, each wall would have stretched back 20ft to accommodate a CRT.

I'm not talking about that kind of crap that they call nostalgia. To be clear, i'm fine with selling people on memories/nostalgia, but the way Disney does it is slimy. They didn't produce any merch for UoE before just last week pretty much and not much else for GMR either.

What Universal needs is to make people feel more attached to certain things... I would love to see some original/timeless attractions in the fourth park that people instantly fall in love with. It doesn't always have to be the hottest thing.

I don't mind this cash grab at all. The fans would have been a bit pissed off if they couldn't buy some last minute merchandise.

I'm not the biggest fans of the rides at all but I would have been tempted to pick something up.

that is Busch gardens
halloween-horror-nights-.jpg

I'm not talking about that kind of crap that they call nostalgia. To be clear, i'm fine with selling people on memories/nostalgia, but the way Disney does it is slimy. They didn't produce any merch for UoE before just last week pretty much and not much else for GMR either.

What Universal needs is to make people feel more attached to certain things... I would love to see some original/timeless attractions in the fourth park that people instantly fall in love with. It doesn't always have to be the hottest thing.

If you had your dream original ride concept what would it be?

what would you include in a fourth gate possibly ready for Disney's 50th anniversary in 2021 or The year after most of you are saying. Star Trek? Godzilla? Another land for Kong:Skull Island for The newer film? Return of Jaws?Ghostbusters? Back to the Future? Bring a Florida version of Backdraft to Universal Orlando? Mortal Komvat? Then theirs The long rumored land that we have been talking about for a few years now Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit Franchise which was originally supposed to come to IOA according to screamscape. I read alot of my news from screamscape. its a pretty accurate source.

what would you include in a fourth gate possibly ready for Disney's 50th anniversary in 2021 or The year after most of you are saying. Star Trek? Godzilla? Another land for Kong:Skull Island for The newer film? Return of Jaws?Ghostbusters? Back to the Future? Bring a Florida version of Backdraft to Universal Orlando? Mortal Komvat? Then theirs The long rumored land that we have been talking about for a few years now Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit Franchise which was originally supposed to come to IOA according to screamscape. I read alot of my news from screamscape. its a pretty accurate source.

I would think Universal would actually try to open the park by 2022; after the 50th happens and that Universal is like,

tenor.gif

;)

In all seriousness; there are times to where you shouldn't Trust Screamscape. Although, I will say that the LOTR park rights was the thing that may of intrigued a lot of people last year on the forums, due to that Time Warner was going to go into court against the Tolkien Estate to expand rights on certain things.

As for Godzilla and Kong..I would doubt it. Kong has enough, and that Godzilla is rather limited on what you could do. And that, Universal has it's own mecha IP if Pacific Rim Uprising is a success.

I don't think IP will matter, I think its more so implementation and execution of the IPs that matter more. If we look at the 2017 Touring Plans survey of what attractions guest liked the most they were all three potter rides with Hogwarts express at #1, Hulk at number #2, Popeyes at #3 and Spiderman at #4 and the remaining potter rides were 5/6. Looking at that list, it dictates that we are so sure that people come for IPs but I think they most likely go for quality/fun rides.

If Universal was smart, they would do the Open lineless queue and use it for Zelda as a duegeon and make escape room challenges while people wait to ride that can later be used to effect events on the ride. Interactivity, People feel good waiting in line, and innovation all in one ride.

true so that leaves the door open for star trek, maybe Lord of the rings, I would like to see alien & predator lands come but Fox owns those franchises. Jaws, Back to the future, Ghostbusters I guess are more likely than bringing Backdraft to Florida. how about van helsing ? Bourne identity? Jurassic World too.

true so that leaves the door open for star trek, maybe Lord of the rings, I would like to see alien & predator lands come but Fox owns those franchises. Jaws, Back to the future, Ghostbusters I guess are more likely than bringing Backdraft to Florida. how about van helsing ? Bourne identity?

I would doubt Backdraft. If anything, if they do something on that level; one of the most positively received attractions if I am not mistaken, is Waterworld.

AvP has already been featured at HHN, and they can't do much with it tbh. Anything from the Dark Universe I honestly doubt with how poorly The Mummy was received. Borune, I would doubt too.

Ghostbusters, if it'd ever come back; it would be at USF. Not at the Fourth Gate.

Jaws and BTTF I think are past their prime of ever coming back. And that I would imagine you would see more IP's from Dreamworks Animation, Nintendo, Fantastic Beasts (Wizarding World), and Jurassic World. Star Trek isn't as big as Star Wars, but if it'd come; I wouldn't complain.

I don't think IP will matter, I think its more so implementation and execution of the IPs that matter more. If we look at the 2017 Touring Plans survey of what attractions guest liked the most they were all three potter rides with Hogwarts express at #1, Hulk at number #2, Popeyes at #3 and Spiderman at #4 and the remaining potter rides were 5/6. Looking at that list, it dictates that we are so sure that people come for IPs but I think they most likely go for quality/fun rides.

If Universal was smart, they would do the Open lineless queue and use it for Zelda as a duegeon and make escape room challenges while people wait to ride that can later be used to effect events on the ride. Interactivity, People feel good waiting in line, and innovation all in one ride.

I would think their lesson from stuff like Fallon and Hogwarts Express is highly themed experiences that feels more complete.

And that with their lessons of Diagon and Super Nintendo; I would imagine immersion will be Very important for what's coming to that fourth gate.

well what if a horror section was added to the fourth gate? I know jaws is played out but some people still love that good old shark Bruce. one never knows what UNI has in store. not that it means anything another thing to point out is that ELI Roth has just made some sort of connection with Universal recently a commercial or something and yo u know what he's up to making that new shark flick by Warner bros. Meg just think of that film succeeds we could possibly see a revival of Jaws like 50-50 chance. but UNI has a lot to tackle in terms of a 4th gate plenty of ideas.

well what if a horror section was added to the fourth gate? I know jaws is played out but some people still love that good old shark Bruce. one never knows what UNI has in store. not that it means anything another thing to point out is that ELI Roth has just made some sort of connection with Universal recently a commercial or something and yo u know what he's up to making that new shark flick by Warner bros. Meg just think of that film succeeds we could possibly see a revival of Jaws like 50-50 chance. but UNI has a lot to tackle in terms of a 4th gate plenty of ideas.

Eli Roth is a fan of Halloween Horror Nights. I would imagine if he would be working with them, it would be on original concepts or commercials like this year's commercial for the event; or if people remember; him having involvement on a maze or element of the event like Hollywood's Terror Tram last year. Nothing of a new attraction for the parks.

Jaws, is a dead IP. It hasn't had a film in years, and that while it's iconic, it isn't relevant in modern pop culture.

As for if WB would contribute anything; the closest you would get is Fantastic Beasts for Gate IV.

The classic monsters should be represented better; but that with the abysmal turnout of The Mummy critically and financially; I would hold brakes of if Universal/Comcast would even consider of doing a horror based land.

Eli Roth is directing /producing shows for Syfy which was part of the reason he did the HHN trailer. Secondly, WB may not be the go to person for additonal IPs after their buyout with AT&T..usually with buyouts that size leadership changes.

Universal has more than enough IPs coming up that they own/have people who can acquire they should not nor will not require other studios IPs. One last thing to note, Universal has a stake in Amblin and Working Title films who produce films for outside studios yet those companie retain ownership of the IP.

Eli Roth is directing /producing shows for Syfy which was part of the reason he did the HHN trailer. Secondly, WB may not be the go to person for additonal IPs after their buyout with AT&T..usually with buyouts that size leadership changes.

Universal has more than enough IPs coming up that they own/have people who can acquire they should not nor will not require other studios IPs. One last thing to note, Universal has a stake in Amblin and Working Title films who produce films for outside studios yet those companie retain ownership of the IP.

Not only that, I would imagine they are still in a good relationship with Hasbro, and did production with Allspark Entertainment on Jem and the Holograms. The reason why I say Allspark, is that they are seeming to be getting more on the film production side of things, starting with the upcoming My Little Pony movie; and that depending on the success of that, it could lead to multiple other Hasbro IP's getting animated or live-action films.

Probably means nothing, but it is something to look at as possibilities.

And that Universal also has Lakia and Illumination if they want to do anything big with some of those IP's, as there are ideas that they could do.

Not only that, I would imagine they are still in a good relationship with Hasbro, and did production with Allspark Entertainment on Jem and the Holograms. The reason why I say Allspark, is that they are seeming to be getting more on the film production side of things, starting with the upcoming My Little Pony movie; and that depending on the success of that, it could lead to multiple other Hasbro IP's getting animated or live-action films.

Probably means nothing, but it is something to look at as possibilities.

And that Universal also has Lakia and Illumination if they want to do anything big with some of those IP's, as there are ideas that they could do.

I think Universal ticked off Hasbro with them cutting off the deal after Battleship and Jem both flopped. I know you are a My little Pony fan however as people stated many times some bronies may make other people uncomfortable.

I do think we aren't looking in the right direction and I have a feeling some ideas for the upcoming park will be from left field and quite a surprise.

I think Universal ticked off Hasbro with them cutting off the deal after Battleship and Jem both flopped. I know you are a My little Pony fan however as people stated many times some bronies may make other people uncomfortable.

I do think we aren't looking in the right direction and I have a feeling some ideas for the upcoming park will be from left field and quite a surprise.

I am not trying to make people uncomfortable. Nor am I trying to say it as a brony (which, I am); but that I do believe that Allspark Pictures has potential if they do things the way I hope. And that I do agree that people should expect some left fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.