Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the park opened Beastly Kingdom was planned for expansion within a couple years. That's why he specifically mentions dragons. And why dragons, unicorns and pegasus are still found on branded signage.

The Yeti filled the "imagined" void after Beastly Kingdom was canceled. So the three types of animals still exist in the park: real, ancient and imagined.

If we lose dinosaurs, we lose ancient, one of the three types of tenants of the park.
Wait, the Yeti isn't real. :yikes: Next thing you know you'll tell me Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real. Alicia, you're ruining my childhood beliefs. :fist:.....:lol:

Wait, the Yeti isn't real. :yikes: Next thing you know you'll tell me Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real. Alicia, you're ruining my childhood beliefs. :fist:.....:lol:
Sorry to say, Yeti and Bigfoot are made up.

Skunk Ape however, is very real.

"real, ancient and imagined"

Dinosaurs fill the "ancient" quota. The imagined was meant to be mythical creatures, which so far has given us the Yeti and Pandora.
The yeti is an urban legend and the Pandora stuff is science fantasy (just can't call it science fiction). Mythical are creatures from Greek mythology (or viking or whatever old civilization). They are part of that religion and many of those stories and creatures still are known to mankind today. It's disappointment Disney shifted it's focus from real life mythologie to some nonsense Cameron came up with. And now probably the dino's are kicked out for an Indy movie that is hopefully better than the last one. Saving grace is that Ford is almost a dinosaur himself. ;)
Will (if true) it finally kicks the most boring stunt show in history to the curb at the Studios?

here's the question though would an Indy themed based attraction work better in AK replacing Dinosaur or will it work better over at DHS where the epic stunt spectacular still exists? their hav E been rumors also of the show leaving not sure when maybe 2019 2020 at the earliest. BC I understand the show has booked events for 2018 so they wouldn't close down the stunt show. its only a matter of time since grand avenue will be opening later this year and the great movie ride closing for good. what will replace the Indy show when gone if it isn't a Indy ride? or will the show stay and being a ride over to AK? time will tell. I think they should upgrade the emvu for dinosaur if Indy is even being strongly considered. expand the dinosaur building too perhaps to add more track layout for Indy ride?

Last edited:
here's the question though would an Indy themed based attraction work better in AK replacing Dinosaur or will it work better over at DHS where the epic stunt spectacular still exists? their hav E been rumors also of the show leaving not sure when maybe 2019 2020 at the earliest. BC I understand the show has booked events for 2018 so they wouldn't close down the stunt show. its only a matter of time since grand avenue will be opening later this year and the great movie ride closing for good. what will replace the Indy show when gone if it isn't a Indy ride? or will the show stay and being a ride over to AK? time will tell. I think they should upgrade the emvu for dinosaur if Indy is even being strongly considered. expand the dinosaur building too perhaps to add more track layout for Indy ride?

The ideal situation would be a fully Indy land at DHS with an updated Stunt Spectacular, a themed restaurant, and a brand new E-ticket ride concept.

so you personally think that they'll hav e enough room to keep the Indy show? I am not sure their is going to be enough space for them to add a ride and keep the stunt show? unless you think differently. That's if Indys presence stays at studios not going over to DAK.

so you personally think that they'll hav e enough room to keep the Indy show? I am not sure their is going to be enough space for them to add a ride and keep the stunt show? unless you think differently. That's if Indys presence stays at studios not going over to DAK.

They'd have to get creative, but there would be room.

In my world, they'd annex the former Sounds Dangerous/Path of the Jedi theater (and by annex, I mean tear down), theme that space to fit in with the jungle area near the stunt show, and build an Indiana Jones restaurant on that spot. Then level Backlot Express (and push further back a bit if need be) for the new ride.

If space proved to really be too tight, they could remove Star Tours (or whatever it's eventually going to be become), but I don't like that idea because we again get into a situation where Disney would be replacing a ride rather than adding a ride.

well then again the Indy show could leave too correct then what? I hav e been reading on screamscape that they are trying to put an Indy themed land ye s into AK. I would miss Dinosaur. never been to DAK at all. they could use a really good flume ride AK perhaps. I'd like to see,an Indy adventure flume ride at the studios bu t nobody seems to be talking about that idea not just yet. a star wars,boat ride was considered an d that's not happening so wh y not a Indy water ride? water is definitely a part of indiana Jones. he floated down a river in the temple of doom in the beginning An d in the not so good kingdom of the Crystal skull they all went down a waterfall I think with The late John hurt who passed away sadly.

Last edited:
Not long home so I'll start posting some of my thoughts from DL and I think this one might be an unpopular one but I think Dinosaur is a slightly superior ride to Indiana Jones. The ride itself is virtually identical and the stories are different but equally good. My gripe with IJ is that you can constantly see the other cars when riding and it's odd. The queue for IJ is far better than Dinosaur and I don't think there is anything that can really be done about that. Plus IJ is a far bigger IP.

Not long home so I'll start posting some of my thoughts from DL and I think this one might be an unpopular one but I think Dinosaur is a slightly superior ride to Indiana Jones. The ride itself is virtually identical and the stories are different but equally good. My gripe with IJ is that you can constantly see the other cars when riding and it's odd. The queue for IJ is far better than Dinosaur and I don't think there is anything that can really be done about that. Plus IJ is a far bigger IP.
See, thats what I loved about IJA. You get that one vie when you first crest of the size of the ride, with cars on the bridge, zooming around corners and diving down. It's almost like a pre-show of what you are about to experience and first time I rode it my eyes basically popped.

With the rumors and whatnot, I'll admit I do like Dinoland U.S.A. So I would be a little bummed if it did go away.

Now with Dinosaur, I honestly do enjoy it. My very first time on it was in the front row, so it was a very memorable first time for me. I've always seen the ride as a supercharged Classic Dark Ride which is more about darkness/blacklights and lots of surprises. Though I do wish it still had the ride profile/sound design of Countdown to Extinction which apparently was way more intense.

If Dinosaur was replaced with a IJA, considering IJA is a great attraction with more elaborate/better theming, I'd be a little bummed at losing the Dinos...but on the other hand I know it's being replaced with a great attraction so no complaints there.

As for South America possibly replacing Dinoland U.S.A., I'd be quite fine with that. There's definitely some possible trails you could put in the land for it. Also, I'd be all for them flattening Dinorama for some kind of boat/river adventure. (I'd also say a river safari like what was orginally planned for Asia, but that would probably need the space Kali occupies with the bounty of backstage behind it.)

With the rumors and whatnot, I'll admit I do like Dinoland U.S.A. So I would be a little bummed if it did go away.

Now with Dinosaur, I honestly do enjoy it. My very first time on it was in the front row, so it was a very memorable first time for me. I've always seen the ride as a supercharged Classic Dark Ride which is more about darkness/blacklights and lots of surprises. Though I do wish it still had the ride profile/sound design of Countdown to Extinction which apparently was way more intense.

If Dinosaur was replaced with a IJA, considering IJA is a great attraction with more elaborate/better theming, I'd be a little bummed at losing the Dinos...but on the other hand I know it's being replaced with a great attraction so no complaints there.

As for South America possibly replacing Dinoland U.S.A., I'd be quite fine with that. There's definitely some possible trails you could put in the land for it. Also, I'd be all for them flattening Dinorama for some kind of boat/river adventure. (I'd also say a river safari like what was orginally planned for Asia, but that would probably need the space Kali occupies with the bounty of backstage behind it.)

When I rode dinosaur, the last dinosaur that jumps out at you scared me and I literally had one of those "looks like a fake reaction" poses in the picture, but I never told anyone that it was really me being scared. hahaha. Other than that, the other thing I remember about that ride is that it was incredibly bumpy. Almost to the point of ruining the enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.