New Project for Dinoland? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I get why the Duck family are going--but why Chip & Dale??? They're mammals, not birds. Were they stoned and just wanted a road trip?

Also, doesn't dressing up like dinosaurs appropriate duck culture?

</snarky sarcasm> I guess someone figured out DAK has roughly 2 show sand 2 rides younger kids can enjoy.
I also suspect that's why FoW was changed to Up as it will make kids want to see it more.

The issue is, either something need to happen like a major demo to almost all of Dino-land, or they need to expand the park. Of course i'd actually prefer they ditch Rafiki's Planet Watch for something.... better before either of those (doing this would pretty much be an expansion anyway), but I don't see that as likely at the moment.

I also suspect that's why FoW was changed to Up as it will make kids want to see it more.

The issue is, either something need to happen like a major demo to almost all of Dino-land, or they need to expand the park. Of course i'd actually prefer they ditch Rafiki's Planet Watch for something.... better before either of those (doing this would pretty much be an expansion anyway), but I don't see that as likely at the moment.

Always thought AK could receive a new land to the East of the trains, that way the trains can actually be used by more people.

Always thought AK could receive a new land to the East of the trains, that way the trains can actually be used by more people.
To the east of Rafiki is about 50 acres of potential expansion space. I'd love to see at least part of that land put to use eventually, especially if there's a good idea for a new land.

Personally, I'd love for them to add Australia as another continent in the park and see them improve Dinoland. If they do this, I think they have a chance at rounding out this park in a great way. Currently, it's in better shape than before Pandora and RoL sure, but it still needs a lot of attention.

My heart is broken.
Dr Seeker.... his lines... Bill Nye... it's too much.
(Indiana Jones is a really great ride, and DINOSAUR is tied to a movie that not many people remember from the early 2000's, this is exciting).

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150
If Dinosaur was turned into Indiana Jones Adventure what would happen to the rest of Dino Land?

I remember Dave mentioned two routes for Indy.

the first, would've been expanding it's presence at DHS, using the POTC system for that as an E-Ticket.

The second, would redo Dinosaur for Indy, but that something else would come to DAK with the POTC system.

Still no Beastly Kingdom.

latest

BUT, they (ex Disney Imagineers that worked on the AK project) built it at Universal IOA Lost Continent, and no one came. :(....and what's left of it will probably be disappearing in a few years.
True. The absence of Beastly Kingdom is not an issue for me. What gets me is that there is a mythical creature, a dragon, at the very center of their logo.

Last I heard was TDO was pushing hard for the DHS/Indy plan.

If this is the same DAK/Indy plan. Phase One is the Dinosaur redo and a small coaster but not Raging Spirits. Phase Two would replace the Nemo Show with a ride using the Shainghai POTC ride system.

I should mention that I have heard Epcot also wants the ride system for a new country in WS.

Last I heard was TDO was pushing hard for the DHS/Indy plan.

If this is the same DAK/Indy plan. Phase One is the Dinosaur redo and a small coaster but not Raging Spirits. Phase Two would replace the Nemo Show with a ride using the Shainghai POTC ride system.

I should mention that I have heard Epcot also wants the ride system for a new country in WS.

So basically I'm reading that NONE of those projects will happen then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.