Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that if dinoland goes away then two of the five creatures in the Animal Kingdom logo are no longer in the park. It's about time they change that logo.

latest

So basically I'm reading that NONE of those projects will happen then. ;)
Well, Phase Two of a plan, as Spirit says, always ends up in a coffee table book.

I could see the Dinosaur/Indy redo and the small coaster happening, and Epcot getting the boat ride and DHS gets something else.

Ok to touch on this, IJA in DLR has a similar layout but the building is not built for that ride design. This cannot and will not be a copy of IJA at DLR. IF it is built.
Oh, okay. I'm still excited to have an Indy attraction better than the stunt show, as I find it to be...meh.

It won't be a clone of Disneyland's IJA.

Then I guess I really don't understand Disney's thought process on this one. If it's not a clone, why shove it into a park that doesn't really fit it... instead of a new build with a new ride system in the park that would fit it incredibly well, and will need the capacity help (Hollywood Studios)?

Note: By "clone," I mean something that is going to be functionally the same ride experience, not necessarily one-to-one in theme and detail. For instance, I consider Transformers to be a clone of Spider-Man, and so on.

....and much better with the upgrades from one and a half years ago.

It was closed for renovation on my last trip so I'm looking forward to riding again.

Don't get me wrong with any of this, I love the Indy ride at DL and want Indy to have a bigger presence in WDW but I also love that Dinosaur and Indy share the same ride platform but have two completely different experiences. Similar to Test Track and Radiator Springs.

I'm sure this has been touched upon before, but supposing they do overlay Indy onto Dinosaur in DAK, what would they put in place of the stunt show in the Studios?

It really just does not make any sense to make this move, but little Disney does these days makes much sense.

I'm sure this has been touched upon before, but supposing they do overlay Indy onto Dinosaur in DAK, what would they put in place of the stunt show in the Studios?

It really just does not make any sense to make this move, but little Disney does these days makes much sense.

For a long time, I'd say that was true about Disney but recently, they've been doing a lot right and I think it's going to pay off.

Back to DHS, I'd love to see Indy go into that area where the stunt show is and if you assume that Star Tours is going once Star Wars opens then you have a good chunk of land around Echo Lake for phase 3 for DHS.

dhs extra.JPG

I think if the above happened at DHS plus a lot happening at Epcot and Tron and the other rumours at MK, then AK is going to be left out and in need of something major after Avatar has opened.

For a long time, I'd say that was true about Disney but recently, they've been doing a lot right and I think it's going to pay off.

Back to DHS, I'd love to see Indy go into that area where the stunt show is and if you assume that Star Tours is going once Star Wars opens then you have a good chunk of land around Echo Lake for phase 3 for DHS.

View attachment 6696

I think if the above happened at DHS plus a lot happening at Epcot and Tron and the other rumours at MK, then AK is going to be left out and in need of something major after Avatar has opened.

But it really sounds like they're absolutely not putting Indy in that area, which I just find baffling personally, unless it's really because they just want to clone IJA and replace Dinosaur.

Last I heard was TDO was pushing hard for the DHS/Indy plan.

If this is the same DAK/Indy plan. Phase One is the Dinosaur redo and a small coaster but not Raging Spirits. Phase Two would replace the Nemo Show with a ride using the Shainghai POTC ride system.

I should mention that I have heard Epcot also wants the ride system for a new country in WS.
I'm quoting myself here because (unconfirmed rumor) this is happening but not the big S. Am. plan. Dinos staying as the theme, and Dino-rama replaced with a new version of The Excavator wooden coaster.

So an upgraded Dino E Ticket slathered in a popular IP and a coaster. Where have I heard this plan before.

Status
Not open for further replies.