Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quoting myself here because (unconfirmed rumor) this is happening but not the big S. Am. plan. Dinos staying as the theme, and Dino-rama replaced with a new version of The Excavator wooden coaster.

So an upgraded Dino E Ticket slathered in a popular IP and a coaster. Where have I heard this plan before.

An Indiana Jones-themed ride in a dinosaur-themed land? That's the kind of infuriatingly nonsensical idea that could only come out of corporate mandates passed down to Imagineering. Good grief.

Keep dinosaurs as the land's theme? Excellent. Revived Excavator coaster? Wonderful. Now put Indy where he belongs in Hollywood Studios.

An Indiana Jones-themed ride in a dinosaur-themed land? That's the kind of infuriatingly nonsensical idea that could only come out of corporate mandates passed down to Imagineering. Good grief.

Keep dinosaurs as the land's theme? Excellent. Revived Excavator coaster? Wonderful. Now put Indy where he belongs in Hollywood Studios.

Indiana Jones 5 is going to feature dinosaurs isn’t it?

I'm quoting myself here because (unconfirmed rumor) this is happening but not the big S. Am. plan. Dinos staying as the theme, and Dino-rama replaced with a new version of The Excavator wooden coaster.

So an upgraded Dino E Ticket slathered in a popular IP and a coaster. Where have I heard this plan before.
Well, if we get new version of The Excavator to replace Primeval Whirl, that will definitely be a big gain. Never been a fan of IJ going into DAK though as I think it belongs right where it is in DHS.

But whatever. Dinoland needs help, but I feel like this is going about it all wrong.

Also, part of what's so great about DL's IJA is the queue. It literally can't be as good here I don't think. The queue for Dinosaur would need to undergo a MAJOR renovation to come anywhere near the quality.

Well, if we get new version of The Excavator to replace Primeval Whirl, that will definitely be a big gain. Never been a fan of IJ going into DAK though as I think it belongs right where it is in DHS.

But whatever. Dinoland needs help, but I feel like this is going about it all wrong.

Also, part of what's so great about DL's IJA is the queue. It literally can't be as good here I don't think. The queue for Dinosaur would need to undergo a MAJOR renovation to come anywhere near the quality.

So they'll go cheap on the most famous part of the ride. I'm liking this less and less as well.

I don't know why I thought of this but it seems a little relevant here. In what I assume must have been 1997, I was convinced that Busch had opened an Indiana Jones ride which turns out was the Disneyland ride all along but being 8, I didn't know that there was two Disney resorts in the US and Animal Kingdom didn't quite exist just then. From what I remember of the small segment I had seen on tv, the ride had to be in Busch from how it looked.

Thinking about that now, Indiana Jones in Busch would fit the theme of the park but it doesn't fit AK and I think this simply boils down to the name. To me, anything going into Animal Kingdom has to be animal related but you take that away and it opens up a lot of opportunities for new IPs to come in. Also, anything related to animals in a park seems to come under extreme scrutiny now.

Would it make sense for Animal Kingdom to rebrand itself?

I don't know why I thought of this but it seems a little relevant here. In what I assume must have been 1997, I was convinced that Busch had opened an Indiana Jones ride which turns out was the Disneyland ride all along but being 8, I didn't know that there was two Disney resorts in the US and Animal Kingdom didn't quite exist just then. From what I remember of the small segment I had seen on tv, the ride had to be in Busch from how it looked.

Thinking about that now, Indiana Jones in Busch would fit the theme of the park but it doesn't fit AK and I think this simply boils down to the name. To me, anything going into Animal Kingdom has to be animal related but you take that away and it opens up a lot of opportunities for new IPs to come in. Also, anything related to animals in a park seems to come under extreme scrutiny now.

Would it make sense for Animal Kingdom to rebrand itself?
They have so many animal there it would be difficult to rebrand. Having said that, you could take almost any IP that has a heavy animal presence and have it there now.

who knows what the real plan is, it was also rumored a while back that an Indy land would tie into a South america/amazon theme with animals

question is really does a Indy themed land/new Indiana Jones attraction fit better at DHS or AK that's the other thing we should discuss.
Yes, there's already been a lot of previous discussion, on various threads, concerning the fit. That basically started back when Dave (Disneyhead) first released the possible plans many months ago, and discussion concerning that has been ongoing.

question is really does a Indy themed land/new Indiana Jones attraction fit better at DHS or AK that's the other thing we should discuss.
Pandora has really opened the door-a to IP heavy attractions living in AK. Personally, I like Dinosaurs in AK, but Disney hasn't really had a successful Dinosaur film in a while...I would rather them add another ride to the back of the park first.

I would say if Indy is a must, take him out of HS and put him in AK first

I'm not one to shoehorn in IPs (I think Zootopia in DAK would be ridiculously dumb)- but an Indy ride is fine by me if they drop Dinoland and make it south america and the Amazon. They can add more foliage to the horrendous dinorama, add more animals with some amazonian birds and exhibits, add much more diverse food than the horrendous restrauntasauros, and add more capacity by adding an amazon-based ride where primevial is.

Ultimately, a South America area w/ a singular Indy ride would be better for DAK as a whole. I approve.

So that would leave the epic stunt spectacular show still present at the Hollywood studios. With bringing an entirely new Indy mini land to AK.! Not sure how much longer the Indy show has in the tank. Star Wars Land is opening in 2019 so maybe we will hear when the show has its fate then.

I'm not one to shoehorn in IPs (I think Zootopia in DAK would be ridiculously dumb)- but an Indy ride is fine by me if they drop Dinoland and make it south america and the Amazon. They can add more foliage to the horrendous dinorama, add more animals with some amazonian birds and exhibits, add much more diverse food than the horrendous restrauntasauros, and add more capacity by adding an amazon-based ride where primevial is.

Ultimately, a South America area w/ a singular Indy ride would be better for DAK as a whole. I approve.
They could theme it around snakes I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.