Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would go with Frosty and Rudolph and the Grinch. Islands needs more kid friendly stuff. Suess is beautiful but the rides are really lacking. But I do agree that anything Christmas related would be best indoors and climate controlled, minus the Grinch coaster.

Well they could do a Knockturn Island sort of thing where the entire thing is indoors with wait for it snow falling....snow on the ground where you can build snowmen. Hot Chocolate smells, String lights. Just pure holiday magic.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Well they could do a Knockturn Island sort of thing where the entire thing is indoors with wait for it snow falling....snow on the ground where you can build snowmen. Hot Chocolate smells, String lights. Just pure holiday magic.

I can't imagine they'd let snow accumulate on the ground. Too much of a slip hazard. Not to mention, they'd have to keep the area sub-freezing at all times to keep it from melting. As people wear shorts and t-shirts in the parks about year round, having an area that cold would likely not be too comfortable for the guests. I could see it being indoors and kept at cool temps. Just not cold enough for snow to stick.

Yeah, there are threads that can be discussed for projects outside of SLoP, so perhaps it's a good idea to speak there.

Future of Lost Continent

Rumor - Ministry of Magic replacing FFL

Terminator 2:3D replacement

Harry Potter Coaster Experience Speculation

To finally move this back to Pets, as I will post this at the Hollywood thread aswell (which should be moved to the Lower Lot section now, as it has a location); as a list of what seems to be known for the project.

• Trackless Dark Ride
  • Multiple Animatronics all throughout the attraction
  • Creature Technology playing a role in the ride development for AA's
  • Attraction having a large role for the film character of Norman
  • Max, Tiberius, and Snowball all mentioned previously before in the forums to be apart of the attraction.
  • Some form of revolutionary sequence of AA's being on a Motion Base of some kind

Yeah, there are threads that can be discussed for projects outside of SLoP, so perhaps it's a good idea to speak there.

Future of Lost Continent

Rumor - Ministry of Magic replacing FFL

Terminator 2:3D replacement

Harry Potter Coaster Experience Speculation

To finally move this back to Pets, as I will post this at the Hollywood thread aswell (which should be moved to the Lower Lot section now, as it has a location); as a list of what seems to be known for the project.

• Trackless Dark Ride
  • Multiple Animatronics all throughout the attraction
  • Creature Technology playing a role in the ride development for AA's
  • Attraction having a large role for the film character of Norman
  • Max, Tiberius, and Snowball all mentioned previously before in the forums to be apart of the attraction.
  • Some form of revolutionary sequence of AA's being on a Motion Base of some kind

Would be neat if they could make an AA that looks like it's flying. One or two would be cool.

And to add to that, additional elements of the attraction previously released by various posters: *Two story attraction . Flying AA. Ride on level two with nine scenes. Queue, pre-show, gift shop, restaurant on first floor.

Any info as to what the restaurant would be? QS, I assume. As I mentioned earlier- I'm all for upgrading the QS in the parks. The more immersive and unique, the better.

So if it's just Shrek and surrounding area without taking Mel's back of house support the area would be about 37000 sqft.

If they take the Hello Kitty store, which considering how much of a dud it's been I would expect, it'd be around 48,000 sqft.
This wouldn't include Mel's though, right? If they end up going with a new restaurant here- could they afford to take the entire area, including Mel's?

I wouldn't think so, as it would be a weird transition from what would now be NY to Hollywood. Mel's helps with that transition.

What size footprint would losing Shrek leave? Anyone done the google map thing for this space?

I was at the park Labor Day weekend and the building looks pretty close to the size of the Transformers building, maybe a little smaller.

EDIT: what would happen with the Transformers meet and greet? I believe that's tied into the Shrek building/backstage area...

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
This wouldn't include Mel's though, right? If they end up going with a new restaurant here- could they afford to take the entire area, including Mel's?

I wouldn't think so, as it would be a weird transition from what would now be NY to Hollywood. Mel's helps with that transition.

I'd be shocked if they took Mel's in USF, but who knows. I've never heard anything about a restaurant for this project, personally.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I'd be shocked if they took Mels or Hello Kitty... not after all the money and time spent renovating that store. They could easily swap out Kitty if sales were low, but wouldn't lose the entire structure.

The meet and greet for Transformers would likely stay and new building would carve out a spot to leave it there. The costumes are housed in the shed adjacent to Shrek, but not technically a part of the original building.

Some space must be left behind the old Shrek building though, as this is one of only two food service locations for Team Members in the park (unless that's changed since I worked there long ago.)

Reactions: Mike S and Andysol
I'd be shocked if they took Mel's in USF, but who knows. I've never heard anything about a restaurant for this project, personally.
Mels is a pretty decent sized restaurant. I would doubt SLOP would be that large with the space available between queue, pre show, gift shop. I agree with Skip and doubt Mel's would go. A small character restaurant for Slop would seem to be the way to go.....And that Hello Kitty store has always been dead when we've stopped in. That's a pretty prominent spot, and if it doesn't pull in big bucks, I would guess it would be a considered area for SLOP.

I'd be shocked if they took Mels or Hello Kitty... not after all the money and time spent renovating that store. They could easily swap out Kitty if sales were low, but wouldn't lose the entire structure.

The meet and greet for Transformers would likely stay and new building would carve out a spot to leave it there. The costumes are housed in the shed adjacent to Shrek, but not technically a part of the original building.

Some space must be left behind the old Shrek building though, as this is one of only two food service locations for Team Members in the park (unless that's changed since I worked there long ago.)

I agree. Not only that, the building transitions into Hollywood blvd perfectly. The angle, the facade- all of it. Hollywood has such Small usage as it is- but it will be used more once Nintendo opens. Hello kitty store will help with that.

Between the "New" New York with Fallon. Central Park, and the stage- monsters cafe is going to stick out like a sore thumb once SLoP comes online. It's practically begging for a dining venue with lots of windows and/or outside sitting. That area will look incredible.

So if it's just Shrek and surrounding area without taking Mel's back of house support the area would be about 37000 sqft.

If they take the Hello Kitty store, which considering how much of a dud it's been I would expect, it'd be around 48,000 sqft.

Taking Hello Kitty make sense, would free up more space and they could have the entrance on the corner so it's highly visible when entering the park. Would need to be a people eater though or we would be seeing lines like DM all day.

Unlike DM, at least this would have an indoor queue, if the queue was to be on the first floor. I hate waiting outside for Minions.

Reactions: Cheezbat