Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To say this, I can see both JP at IOA and JW at a fourth gate Co-Exist, if they re-theme the IOA area to be more like the Singapore version of JP, The Lost World.

And I am not meaning making it look destroyed and a place of danger like what the second and third JP film shows.

In Singapore, they use The Lost World to allow not just Jurassic Park to work in, but a different type of IP; WaterWorld.

If I was on Universal Creative, and if JW was to come to the fourth gate; I would take the card from Singapore, and unify the Skull Island and JP area's to be on that level, and that they don't have to spend that much money to make it work.

Just as an example...there's a lot of room here for a ride.
I'd rather see the Discovery Center have a massive refurb than an all-out replacement. It's certainly old and out of date by today's standards but it makes Jurassic Park Jurassic Park instead of some generic dinosaur movie in my opinion.

With the whole use of vertical space, as you mentioned, it could be cool to see the discovery center be used as the station or queue for an attraction.
At the same time it would be awesome to see Jurassic World's main street, Margaritaville, and Innovation Center in a new park...
Honestly as long as there's more dinosaurs I'm happy :lol:

Idk. I can easily see JW and the Gyro with a new area being one of the main anchors for the new park and JP being ripped out for Mordor or Shire. If they get LOTR(and I know thats all just blue sky right now), it's going to get a land somewhere at IOA. And between all of the rumored and wishful thinking ideas that people think are coming, LC and TL aren't enough for all of them.

To play devil's advocate, we have had Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at Magic Kingdom, then Midway Mania at DHS, and now they're still adding more Toy Story rides. The fact that they're in multiple parks at same resort is weird to me too, but I guess it's not unprecedented for the industry.

At least JW is kind of a new trilogy of films. Definitely has a different style to it than the original.

I still think they can work a gyrosphere ride into IOA personally instead, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a new park to help drive new visitors there.

Toy Story Mania will be incorporated as part of Toy Story Land once it opens, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin does not. It's awkward to have Toy Story Land when you have another Toy Story attraction in another Disney park within the same distance. Sorta of the same thing here in California with Disneyland's Star Wars Galaxy's Edge as a new land and Star Tours in another area called Tomorrowland. Jurassic World and Jurassic Park IMO is still weird since they both took place in a different era rather than existing in the same universe as Hogmeades and Diagon Alley.

That area of land I have outlined there is far bigger than the Forbidden Journey showbuilding.

If Universal can design a ride on that scale and still keep some form of the iconic Discovery/Visitor's Center (because I think that's important), and keep plenty of greenery to sell the island, jungle setting, then terrific.

That was kind of my idea. Rip out the existing Discovery Center, and build a new one as the queue/station for the Gyrosphere ride.

There is so much space in IOA that’s being severely underused for JP.

As for JP shutting for JW, I think Universal would do it just to stop any confusion. Lost angry tourists walking about for a ride that’s in a different park.

As for JP shutting for JW, I think Universal would do it just to stop any confusion. Lost angry tourists walking about for a ride that’s in a different park.

Again, maybe I just can't wrap my head around this, but I don't see how any creative could sell this idea to an executive.

Executive: "So you want to demolish the Jurassic land we built and paid off decades ago?"

Creative: "Right, and build another one at the new park."

E: "Why? There's room for improvement/expansion at the existing one."

C: "Uhhhh...because?"

Again, maybe I just can't wrap my head around this, but I don't see how any creative could sell this idea to an executive.

Executive: "So you want to demolish the Jurassic land we built and paid off decades ago?"

There could be many reasons like that it allows for a smoother transition from the old land to the new land. No 2 years of demolition and rebuilding. It would allow for high sales of merchandise. It keeps the IP modern and up to date. A new IP like LOTR might become available and they might want to invest into the current resort without expanding the new park early.

There’s plenty of reasons and having both built, gives Universal a lot of freedom that they might not have had.

There could be many reasons like that it allows for a smoother transition from the old land to the new land. No 2 years of demolition and rebuilding. It would allow for high sales of merchandise. It keeps the IP modern and up to date. A new IP like LOTR might become available and they might want to invest into the current resort without expanding the new park early.

There’s plenty of reasons and having both built, gives Universal a lot of freedom that they might not have had.

Again, I'm just not seeing the justifications. Merch sales could be equally upgraded by building a massive new E-ticket at IoA. Same for keeping the IP modern and up to date.

Everything re: JW in Park 3 screams "pie in the sky wish" to me.

I like the JP ride. They could plus it with a skipper and a lame spiel but I rather have employes to keep their dignity and don't need to do that. Fun aside, just a nice refurb with new AA's and this land can go on for quite some time without the need of a JW overlay or a JW area in another park.

Saying Jurassic World can't exist in park 3 because Jurassic Park already exist in park 2 is like saying Fantastic Beasts can't exist in park 3 because Harry Potter already exists in park 1 and 2.

Again, I'm just not seeing the justifications. Merch sales could be equally upgraded by building a massive new E-ticket at IoA. Same for keeping the IP modern and up to date.

Everything re: JW in Park 3 screams "pie in the sky wish" to me.

It's one of these situations where every con can be seen as a pro and vice versa. All we can do is play the waiting game.

I like the JP ride. They could plus it with a skipper and a lame spiel but I rather have employes to keep their dignity and don't need to do that. Fun aside, just a nice refurb with new AA's and this land can go on for quite some time without the need of a JW overlay or a JW area in another park.

Maybe they go for the Kong rumour and have the skipper being pulled out the boat and eaten. Have it happen before the lift hill so the skipper can run back to the exit to welcome the boat back and have a happy ending.

C: because to build the Gyrosphere ride that everyone wants we are going to have to tear everything down but the river ride that we have to refurb about every year and is right next to the only other two water rides we have in the entire resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.