Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 394 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I for one am really shocked to see IOA included. That came at me from out of nowhere.

In a way, I am surprised, but not surprised.

The use of Potter at both parks has very much seemed like a huge success, and with the catalogue that Nintendo has, one would argue that the company was made for multi-lands scattered.

The question I have, is which get's fourth gate, Zelda or Pokemon.

Reactions: Clive and Mike S
Pokémon could take over Toon and use one of the water rides for a “surf” attraction then build another AA dark ride in the other plot.
A Pokémon rapids ride would work extremely well. Of the two, I'd rather keep that. Putting that across from a Pokémon Safari dark ride and having a city with a "PokeMart," a gym, and a Professor Oak meet-and-greet in lieu of all the stores would be great.

Just give me a Pikachu Pizza and a Scyther Shakes and I'm set.

So looking at his tweets, I think I've pieced together how he came about all this info:

The documents he posted with the long/lat coordinates and 8.8 acre project size are from the FDEP NPDES Stormwater filing for the project. That at least confirmed the location and size. Then he probably submitted a public records request last week with the City of Orlando for the ENG permit (ENG2017-00773) which likely got fulfilled today which contains the plans he's looking at/tweeting about.

It makes perfect sense to add Nintendo to both Universal and Islands of Adventure. It has worked wonders since they did it with Harry Pothead. The most logical replacements would be Zelda takes over Lost Continent or Pokemon takes over Toon Lagoon.

Reactions: Quint and Mike S
Reactions: Mad Dog
After this Christmas stuff you can really see Comcast/Universal means business. The War is on. And the fans win, big time....And I think we need to refer to this as "Comcast" more so than "Universal'. I think that's where the impetus comes from. Comcast plays long term strategy in all of their businesses.

Fixed that for you. #LionelHutz

It will be a transitivity if they're not selling this as a cross promotion.

tk6umwxw6e19zelv679t.jpg

So looking at his tweets, I think I've pieced together how he came about all this info:

The documents he posted with the long/lat coordinates and 8.8 acre project size are from the FDEP NPDES Stormwater filing for the project. That at least confirmed the location and size. Then he probably submitted a public records request last week with the City of Orlando for the ENG permit (ENG2017-00773) which likely got fulfilled today which contains the plans he's looking at/tweeting about.

I don't think it's a put down (except maybe for the speed of Orlando City)

Last edited:
Well I don't see how assuming it was a public records request is "hilariously wrong", but if the plans didn't come from there then I don't know where else he could have gotten them. Oh well.

If Nintendo is open the same time as WDW's 50th, that's not a volley, that's a dag-blasted punch to the face.

I tell you... Theme Park War II is fan-friggin-tastic. Universal threw a hellacious one-two with Potter, Disney swung back with D23, and Universal has barely flinched. Instead, their response is a chuckle and mushroom.

War indeed and at such a pace, I watched the legends panel from IAPPA this morning and you could tell that Rhode and Stowbridge were both impressed and maybe even jealous of the time it takes UNI to get their projects to market.
These next few years are going to be a lot of fun.

After this Christmas stuff you can really see Comcast/Universal means business. The War is on. And the fans win, big time....And I think we need to refer to this as "Comcast" more so than "Universal'. I think that's where the impetus comes from. Comcast plays long term strategy in all of their businesses.

And if Comcast buys 20th Century Fox, you could bet your ass it's gonna crawl all over Disney like a bunch of snakes.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn