Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JW being in gate 3 makes tons of sense (kids have always loved dinos).

I know a lot of folks did not like Kong being next to JP, but I thought Skull Island was kind of Jurassic.

I had no clue what Fantastic Beast was about (back then nor have I seen it either in the present) and you lot also talk about a forbidden forest...heck, in park one w/ Lost Continent sitting there....well, lots of things can live in a forest.

Anyhow, I think I was getting at how a forest can transition from Jurassic looking to themes that bold well for some Dreamworks stuff or settings for things like Zelda, LOTR...at least in my mind...

JW being in gate 3 makes tons of sense (kids have always loved dinos).

I know a lot of folks did not like Kong being next to JP, but I thought Skull Island was kind of Jurassic.

I had no clue what Fantastic Beast was about (back then nor have I seen it either in the present) and you lot also talk about a forbidden forest...heck, in park one w/ Lost Continent sitting there....well, lots of things can live in a forest.

Anyhow, I think I was getting at how a forest can transition from Jurassic looking to themes that bold well for some Dreamworks stuff or settings for things like Zelda, LOTR...at least in my mind...

Honestly, Fantastic Beasts will have multiple locations for the series in general, with Crimes of Grindlewald seeming like it will be mostly in Paris. To be honest, there is a lot of potential with the series, and Universal could have more than a few choices, with either New York, Paris, or possibly other places in Europe or maybe even Asia.

Honestly, Fantastic Beasts will have multiple locations for the series in general, with Crimes of Grindlewald seeming like it will be mostly in Paris. To be honest, there is a lot of potential with the series, and Universal could have more than a few choices, with either New York, Paris, or possibly other places in Europe or maybe even Asia.

Thanks!

What I really did not express well up there is that I pictured Beast being in a forest until I saw the trailer for FB, so I thought (in my mind back when Kong was being built) that they were trying to wrap the Wizarding World with forest or something. But if all their story lines are in cities, I was way off base.

I also stopped here b4 I saw a post in another thread that might suggest one day only JW and no JP or something...so all of this is way off base, but for gate 4 or whatever, it would nice to have a new canvas I suppose for JW.

So, to place this here.

@Disneyhead has indicated that Jurassic World will be heading to Gate 3, and it sounds like the attraction will be shared with Beijing's JW area.

So, to add that in what's rumored,

• Nintendo (Zelda or Pokemon)
  • Lord of The Rings
  • Jurassic World
And that's not even taking into the probability of DreamWorks having some form of presence, along with other elements probably in place.
And surely some Potter?

Everyone likes a bit of Potter apparently.

Right? Can't make a sweeping comment like that without some context. :)

I don't know what he's heard, but as I posted in the Jurassic Park expansion thread, I heard the Beijing ride is just another Spider-Man/Transformers ride system clone... If that's true, then yeah, no need for a third ride like that here in Orlando.

Fantastic Beasts or more Harry Potter era? What have you heard? :)
There may be a crossover location that is visited in Potter, but expanded upon in the upcoming FB movies. ;)
I would like to see some more Dreamworks presence, maybe not the same type of rides at Uni Singapore though
Shrek, How To Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, and Madagascar will be coming to the resort somewhere.

There may be a crossover location that is visited in Potter, but expanded upon in the upcoming FB movies. ;)

Shrek, How To Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, and Madagascar will be coming to the resort somewhere.

Great! Hoping for more Seuss stuff too

Where do Dumbledore and Grindlewald duel? Isn't it in Godric's Hallow?

Yes and No,
Dumbledore and Grindlewald did have a confrontation in Godric's Hollow which resulted in the death of Dumbledore's little sister, thus fracturing Dumbledore's relationship with his brother, ending the friends-that-could-one-day-be-more relationship Dumbledore and Grindlewald had, and setting Grindlewald firmly on the path of evil; but that was when they were young men decades pre-Fantastic Beasts.

The big final duel between Dumbledore and Grindlewald that will almost certainly be the finale for this series occurs in 1945 (the same year Tom 'Voldemort' Riddle graduated Hogwarts so you just know he will pop up in one these flicks) and to the best of my knowledge it has never been stated where that world changing event occurred. I have it in my head as happening somewhere in mainland Europe but I have no idea if that is actually based on anything. I can't think of a good reason why it can't happen in Godric's Hollow but it would feel a little strange to have two Dark Lord's reigns end in the same little English village.

Personally I imagine Universal is in a waiting period before pulling the trigger on a Fantastic Beasts land. They must want their theme park golden goose in the new park but especially after they build the Ministry there aren't many iconic Potter areas left and the few that leap to mind don't seem like obvious theme park lands. The announcement of Fantastic Beasts, then, must have felt like a godsend especially when it was decided to make it an at least five film series, a whole new set of characters, locales, and creatures, hurrah!, and they should be able to film stuff for the rides before they are free from their contracts and age out/move on/die. And then the film came out, and made basically no impact culturally and had what must of been at least a slight disappoint of a box office run. Hell I'm a Potter Nut and I've only seen it one and I don't think I have seen anyone who capital l Loved the film, most people just shrugged it off and the only time you hear it discussed is about the frustrating inclusion of Johnny Depp.

So I would understand if Universal is a little gun-shy about pulling the trigger on Newt Scamander's Briefcase: The Ride! until they see how the sequel with a few more overt Potter things performs. I certainly hope the filmmakers can turn it around and that when the real Park 3 (water parks don't count dammit) is officially announced I want to be excited about stepping into these character's world because so far the other IPs being discussed doesn't do much for me. How to Train Your Dragon I could see working as a ride but not as a whole land, the first Kung-Fu Panda was fine but I never had any interest in the sequels and can't see myself queuing up for that, I find myself largely annoyed by the rest of the Dreamworks Canon. Jurassic Park is a classic and deserves some none-water rides but Jurassic World was shockingly dull and the sequel doesn't look much better. The Lord of the Rings was fantastic and easily lends itself to parks but The Hobbit was pretty disappointing and the prospect that this may be more tied to a streaming TV show than the first three films seems like a big mistake. Some Nintendo property as an anchor seems like a certainty at this point, the question is Zelda or Pokemon? Pokemon is more recognizable, even Grandma's know Pikachu at this point, which is important when opening a new park, but they are also more divisive and are probably more limited in terms of what you can actually do with it. Zelda though is both slightly more obscure and feels too similar to Lord of the Rings especially if you also throw in Fantastic Beasts. Three stories about young white guys having to confront various monsters on a long journey to help save the world from a dark wizard-like threat, that feels a little samey for one park. I will be curious which winds up here and which at Islands.

I have loved Universal Orlando my whole life, so many childhood memories are tied to it, I remember when they first announced they were adding Barney, Islands is my favorite theme park and the idea of a third gate clearly has tickled my imagination for years but right now I can't shake the feeling that it won't end up being for me and that's a little disappointing.

Last edited:
I'd love for the 3rd park to be something completely different, with a theme. Not just a random bunch of IP's thrown together.
I agree...I'm sure they will tie everything together with a coherent theme...Imagine IOA 2.0...There will certainly be IPs thrown around, but I'm sure they will be linked together

I agree...I'm sure they will tie everything together with a coherent theme...Imagine IOA 2.0...There will certainly be IPs thrown around, but I'm sure they will be linked together
My guess for the "theme" will be a general "fantasy" thing, like how IOA has the general "adventure" theme. That theme can fit for Lord of the Rings, Zelda, Fantastic Beasts, and DreamWorks. It'd be a bit more of a stretch for Star Trek and Jurassic World, but they could probably work that into the theme somehow. (FWIW, I think Star Trek should be a World Expo replacement. I don't think Sci-Fi City would make for that compelling of a full land, especially in Park 3, and MIB is probably going to need a replacement eventually.)

Universal Studios is obviously geared themed to movies, but Islands was not themed to "Adventure" but to literature. Whether it be comic books, the sunday morning newspaper cartoons, the Jurassic Park novels, great stories from fiction fantasy (King Arthur, Sindbad, Atlantis), and the Dr. Seuss books. So, I am curious what third mode of media would be a good fit for a third gate? I think instead of talking about IP's, it might be a good idea to think about which of those third themes could be in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.