Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m curious to see how they’re going to stretch the cables between the pylons with so much activity going on at ground level.

I’m curious to see how they’re going to stretch the cables between the pylons with so much activity going on at ground level.

Helicopter.

They posted a position a few months ago to be WDW's air traffic controller (not exactly, but close enough title for this convo.)

Because they usually go up the sides of mountains, it's common practice for Gondolas to be built by air lifting things into place.

Disney Skyliner Concept Art Revealed

International Gateway Station:
syfty57897842-613x367.jpg

Caribbean Beach Station:
syfty57897843-613x367.jpg

DHS Station:
syfty57897844-613x367.jpg

"Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will share a Disney Skyliner station that feels whimsical and contextual with both resorts"
I wonder what big/clunky objects they are going to put there? :look:

Maybe a big seagull from Nemo (Mine! Mine!)

What I find most interesting about the concepts is how low to the ground (basically ground level) the load/unload platforms are. I was expecting them to be far higher off the ground.
I know what you mean, but if you consider ADA and other requirements, it makes more sense to have them as close to grade as possible. Also, from a sightline perspective, I don't think these are going to run too high off the ground in most routes.

I wonder if each gondola will have music playing.

I'd imagine so. There' very likely going to be some kind of safety spiel, so I'd imagine something (whether it's Monorail-type narration or bus system music) will be played over speakers.

I geerally like the concept art. I'm happy about the DHS concept, mostly because it means we'e likely to keep the main entrance theme for a while in this overhauls.

I'm betting no, if they had power to each unit then why not have AC too?
Audio is a completely different beast from AC. Plus Disney made the decision that you aren't going to be in the Gondola for that long anyway, and with circulated air from gondola movement, AC won't be necessary. They will need some sort of audio in the vehicles in case of a breakdown in the summer during thunder storms or high winds so Disney can communicate the situation.

wait...did you say no A/C?

you do realize it's like 100 degrees in the summer right? Sounds like a nightmare if you got stuck in the 100 degree heat, with no where to go. I hope that glass is heavily tinted.

wait...did you say no A/C?

you do realize it's like 100 degrees in the summer right? Sounds like a nightmare if you got stuck in the 100 degree heat, with no where to go. I hope that glass is heavily tinted.
Don't know if that is sarcasm as this topic has been beat to death on magic but on the off chance it isn't I have a couple of questions for you. Can you walk around a theme park in the summer, wait in line in the sun? Walk from your vehicle into a store? If so you have no worries, the cabins are ventilated, you are only in one for 5 minutes max on the longest run and there is no practical way to put enough power to the cabin AC that would cool it from wide open doors in the load/unload stations to a comfortable temp in the short time you have the doors closed. These are used in much hotter climates with just as much humidity for longer trips and found to not kill people.