Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

And while I wouldn't be surprised that's talked about sooner than later, I am having the feeling that Yoshi will be a July release date with Fire Emblem for September.
We could still get news. Mario and Xenoblade were holiday games and were both revealed in January.

While I would love for another direct by the end of the month, I have some doubts the next direct will be anything big, but more based on Kirby Star Allies.

I bet next Direct is in March.

For everyone who has Sonic Mania - does anybody else think it's a little overrated? Don't get me wrong, I love most stages but the gameplay at times is a bit hard to get used to (not to mention the chaos emerald mini games are a huge pain in the butt - specifically that third one lol). Just think that while it's definitely fun, and definitely good... it's just a trip down memory lane more than anything.

It's hella overrated but still very good.

I predict we'll see another Direct by the end of the month... but that it will be another Fire Emblem Direct. Announcing:
- A one-year anniversary event for Fire Emblem Heroes, including another free 5-Star unit (like what they did with the Choose Your Legends voting event) and several new characters/maps/etc.
- Fire Emblem Warriors gets brief updates on the DLC, including showing off the next DLC pack with new Shadow Dragon content. I feel like there's a veeeery small chance that they also announce some extra non-DLC characters coming in a free update, like how Hyrule Warriors added the villain characters in a free update post-launch.
- Fire Emblem Switch formal reveal, showing off all kinds of new mechanics, characters, art, etc. The game gets a general summer release window, as well as the confirmation of a special edition and several amiibo.

I predict we'll see another Direct by the end of the month... but that it will be another Fire Emblem Direct. Announcing:
- A one-year anniversary event for Fire Emblem Heroes, including another free 5-Star unit (like what they did with the Choose Your Legends voting event) and several new characters/maps/etc.
- Fire Emblem Warriors gets brief updates on the DLC, including showing off the next DLC pack with new Shadow Dragon content. I feel like there's a veeeery small chance that they also announce some extra non-DLC characters coming in a free update, like how Hyrule Warriors added the villain characters in a free update post-launch.
- Fire Emblem Switch formal reveal, showing off all kinds of new mechanics, characters, art, etc. The game gets a general summer release window, as well as the confirmation of a special edition and several amiibo.
If this ends up true it sucks I’m not a FE fan. Oh well. I’ll have DK and possibly Hyrule Warriors and Dark Souls to play. I decided that I don’t want another huge game so Skyrim’s out for me.

Nintendo is revealing something new today, a new way to play, I wonder if this may involve the IR camera.

Also, I recently bought Resident Evil Revelations for Switch, I have the first one for WiiU as well, and was wondering if multiplayer works with both versions, or is it restricted to the same platform?

agape.gif

Well that was unexpected. I want 10.

In a strange way, it's the most Nintendo that Nintendo has ever done. And I give them respect for going farther than they have ever been on accessories.

It lies into that "It's so stupid it actually makes a lot of sense". And that it also somewhat brings VR to Nintendo Switch when you consider one of those games featured..

I may buy the variety pack. It seems like a fun thing to with my daughter on a rainy Sunday. I think if you look at this product as more of a "craft" project than a substantial video game it will help understand the appeal. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't buy it though.

Switch is absolutely killing it. Super Mario Odyssey will very easily become the highest selling 3D Mario possibly even reaching 2D heights, Breath of the Wild will be the best selling Zelda, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is very close to outdoing the Wii U version. Also, Wii U has been officially surpassed.
gamrConnect Forums - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

To note in the Q3, Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are both TBA, but that Pokemon seems to be a 2018 or beyond title.