Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

So this is going to be a more “4D” Minions. Okay....hey, it’s better than Shrek....and shorter.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we saw an AA in the preshow like this....just more fluid than this.

Remember this theatre isn't always going to be Kung Fu Panda....hints why they are calling it the Dreamworks theatre as they can change it out.

I applaud this idea...however, I don't think Universal works this way. It was once called the Panasonic Theater and it housed many attractions under that name. Dreamworks just happens to be the main idea and focus for the attraction which will house multiple characters from their library.

I applaud this idea...however, I don't think Universal works this way. It was once called the Panasonic Theater and it housed many attractions under that name. Dreamworks just happens to be the main idea and focus for the attraction which will house multiple characters from their library.

I’d like to think it would show Halloween and Christmas-themed movies running in tandem with Kung-Fu Panda. The Japan park operates that way, running two films at once in their 4D theater, just splitting up showtimes (edit: also Legoland does the same thing with their 4D films). It would help being such a small park, with limited expansion space, and there are already Dreamworks shorts and TV specials that are holiday-themed. It wouldn’t take much, other than some testing and effects work.

Then again, if it proves to be popular like Minion Mayhem, then they wouldn’t even need to add that functionality for a few years.

I’d like to think it would show Halloween and Christmas-themed movies running in tandem with Kung-Fu Panda. The Japan park operates that way, running two films at once in their 4D theater, just splitting up showtimes (edit: also Legoland does the same thing with their 4D films). It would help being such a small park, with limited expansion space, and there are already Dreamworks shorts and TV specials that are holiday-themed. It wouldn’t take much, other than some testing and effects work.

Then again, if it proves to be popular like Minion Mayhem, then they wouldn’t even need to add that functionality for a few years.
It would be great for HHN if they could show a Halloween special in there just to shake things up a bit.

So just to help people visualize what this will look like in person....

just change the square screen in the front to a rounded screen

That just looks like Barco Escape. The description sounds a little more interesting than that. At least I hope it is.