Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pixar Pier (2018)

pixar-pp.jpg

God help us all :sick:

As much as I was against this, in concept they look nice. Adding a story to Incredicoaster is the dumbest thing though.

pixar-pp.jpg

God help us all :sick:
If only there was some sort of iconic fast food franchise that originates from the Toy Story universe. One that people would love to visit a real version of, in a location that would actually make sense, with a chance to make it actually fully realized unlike past attempts.

...nah, let's go with a place that appears in an obscure five minute long short instead.

This won’t be popular.

I don’t mind the Pixar Pier aesthetic. In all the talk about theming, there’s this new expectation that everything becomes more serious. After all, serious is realistic and theming is meant to be realistic.

This looks whimsical. I think theme parks should have a sense of whimsy.

Welp, they're literally spending money to go back to DCA 1.0, only this somehow feels worse then that.
If they did something like TDS's Toy Story Mania setup, I'd be fine with that. But this is coming off way more tacky then it should be, it's like they want a west coast variant of Dinorama.

This feels like a Pixar version of what the TSL’s look like. Garish, oversized and ugly.

Paradise Pier was no gem, but there was also nothing overly wrong with it.

Wow, that was sure exciting. I think I'll go outside and watch the snow melt now. :):lol:

If they can get it down right, it would mean a stop in the tunnel, a show scene, a backwards portion, then relaunching through the same tunnel. While the video itself is boring, it could mean good things for the coaster.

I'm surprised that the launch isn't going to be a show scene as well. That's about 10-12 seconds of good story time they could have worked in there.