Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I saw that area had coaster support staging right alongside HHN props so it could’ve been either. Being wrapped it struck me as chips for rockwork but I could’ve been mistaken. It may still be early for that.

It must be in the time period of the fourth movie, if not it would throw the time period of the land off.
We were told that the Wizard World is "timeless". So it could be from any time in the books. (Yes, that is the correct and ONLY response you can give when people ask you what time/book it takes place in). The only exception is Gringotts, which has a specific time period

We were told that the Wizard World is "timeless". So it could be from any time in the books. (Yes, that is the correct and ONLY response you can give when people ask you what time/book it takes place in). The only exception is Gringotts, which has a specific time period
Im thinking the ride takes places along the lower grounds of the castle and along the lake and mountains that border it. It may then overflow into the FF.

No you cant compare the two, but it's safe to say I think this ride will surpass both sumulators in swge. And to add to that I heard before that this dis/uni war will continue until one just gives the death blow, I think the death blow has already been given, and star wars will be amazing but...
**I'm alluding to diagon not hp coaster**

I'm surprised they aren't planning to build the Ministry of Magic so it's ready to open around the same time Star Wars opens. The new coaster sounds cool, but I don't see it drawing in the kinds of crowds the opening of Diagon Alley did. Adding the MoM might make the Wizarding World a significant draw if timed right, though.

I'm surprised they aren't planning to build the Ministry of Magic so it's ready to open around the same time Star Wars opens. The new coaster sounds cool, but I don't see it drawing in the kinds of crowds the opening of Diagon Alley did. Adding the MoM might make the Wizarding World a significant draw if timed right, though.
Ehhh no single ride is going to draw new area level crowds. Ministry is still only going to be a single experience I believe so it’s not drawing much more than the coaster would really. This coaster sounds amazing though and once opens people will hear about it and visit.

I don't think an AA Hagrid is too farfetched. I didnt find out until recently that Robie Coltarane was only used for close ups in the movie. For the most part it was a man in a big suit with an animatronic head...

600247_v2.gif
The “man” in question was ex England international rugby player Martin Bayfield.

I'm always happy when Hagrid waves at me when I arrive on the Hogwarts express. Love for him to teach me about all those fantastical beasts in the Forbidden Forest and have an adventure with him.

To say this, Hagrid is one of those "cool" characters, and that while I love Dumbledore, despite his hellish mistakes, Hagrid is one of those characters that would be the one to shoot the breeze, and have some enjoyment with. Heck, Newt comes up there too.

If Hagrids an AA, I can totally buy that.

Disneyhead said it's part of a plan to bookend SWGE, not as a "response" but to avoid the media noise.

Also MoM will not deliver the same amount of crowds as a new land, either.

Personally, I like the "timeless" approach. When I am on a ride, I'm immersed in that ride solely- I don't try and see if this ride matches with the one adjacent

I was reading the other day that the land Universal aquired a few years ago could potentially go towards the expansion of the Wizarding World to include the Ministry of Magic. I'm sure they would connect it via the Hogwarts Express- maybe that could help compete with Star Wars

I was reading the other day that the land Universal aquired a few years ago could potentially go towards the expansion of the Wizarding World to include the Ministry of Magic. I'm sure they would connect it via the Hogwarts Express- maybe that could help compete with Star Wars

Unfortunately that land is much too far away to take the Hogwarts Express to. The most likely location for Ministry of Magic is the Fear Factor Live stadium area.

While a lot of projects did get moved to gate 3, I don't think MoM was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.