Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

It was when it worked... which was about 50% of the time. :D (I'd also add by the end about 60% of the effects were non functional)

It was never closed when I went, and as my first trip to Uni wasn't until 2007 I'm sure I rode it often with broken effects and would have been none the wiser. I enjoyed the tram portion, but the I would say the movie making portion was what I enjoyed most about it. I guess I just got lucky... I know it's well documented it was in bad shape,

I know that people that want to defend UNI and want to defend this ride are saying that the comments on twitter do not represent the General public or that they are a tiny number of people in comparison to the general audience.

But it bears mentioning that on Youtube some people are starting to upload videos of the ride and the comments on all the videos are like 85% negative. from mocking to angry bursts of posting to just general hate.
So if between twitter and facebook and now Youtube with probably thousands and thousands of people upset, i dont know how much the general public will actually accept it.

people were expecting a fast and furious ride.... people were expecting a fast coaster or something like Test track,
people were expecting speed.... something like the mummy. This slow moving screen ride is not doing well with so many people....

I know that people that want to defend UNI and want to defend this ride are saying that the comments on twitter do not represent the General public or that they are a tiny number of people in comparison to the general audience.

But it bears mentioning that on Youtube some people are starting to upload videos of the ride and the comments on all the videos are like 85% negative. from mocking to angry bursts of posting to just general hate.
So if between twitter and facebook and now Youtube with probably thousands and thousands of people upset, i dont know how much the general public will actually accept it.

people were expecting a fast and furious ride.... people were expecting a fast coaster or something like Test track,
people were expecting speed.... something like the mummy. This slow moving screen ride is not doing well with so many people....
Generally all the same people are following social media on this. The general public will not be as vocal or bad for that matter.

We all knew this ride was going to be the straw that broke the camel's back in some regard. Besides the whole ride not being "Fast" or "Furious", I've seen lot of the pushback being that it's "another" screen ride".

Either way - I still stand by that social media doesn't mean much. Everyone's a critic these days. I don't think it's defending Uni, but more so considering the source. Once we get words of GSATs, then all bets are off.

With all that said - yea, it's not looking good.

That doesn't mean they'll change it, but it will definitely be a black eye.

You just rode a fantastic ride. You are going to tell your friends how great it was. Now you're going to go and spend lots of money at the gift shop.
meninblack-neuralizer.jpg

Facebook and Twitter is one thing but YouTube comments are a cesspool.

I was at Volcano Bay when they unexpectedly opened it waiting in line for Krakatau (no lines Monday everything walk on. Love FLorida weather) and the employees were talking about it opening and said that Krakatau should be renamed fast and furious since it’s more fast and more furious then the ride that opened and I gave them a high five for that comment made my day lol

adding to the collection of 'general audience' reviews, it has a 1.8* rating on Google (as seen in google maps) with 42 reviews
Google Maps

most rides are 4.5*+, the worst major rides in the parks are Skull Island with a 3.6* (300+ reviews) or Shrek with a 3.3* (91 reviews)

I think it's a decent tracker of 'general audience opinion' because Dudley Doo-Right has a 4.6*, Transformers has a 4.7*, and Spiderman has a 4.5*. This is obviously different from how many 'theme park fans' on these forums would rate them.

edit: it will likely regress a little to the mean (hardcore fans probably ride and rate it first), but this is by no means a good look (and will probably prime the pump for more negative responses)

adding to the collection of 'general audience' reviews, it has a 1.8* rating on Google (as seen in google maps) with 42 reviews
Google Maps

most rides are 4.5*+, the worst major rides in the parks are Skull Island with a 3.6* (300+ reviews) or Shrek with a 3.3* (91 reviews)

I think it's a decent tracker of 'general audience opinion' because Dudley Doo-Right has a 4.6*, Transformers has a 4.7*, and Spiderman has a 4.5*. This is obviously different from how many 'theme park fans' on these forums would rate them.
I never thought about Google Maps for theme park reviews before. This is great information.

I just went and gave Men In Black alien attack a five star rating.:)

Those are probably really small samples in respect to what Universal gets from Guest Surveys. Plus like You Tube, Twitter , other social media, chances are people haven't even experienced the ride, they're just rating POV's. I think all of these ratings are basically useless. I'm not defending the attraction, and it's probably going to be average at best, but I don't pay much attention to any of these ratings. They all blasted Gringotts, Kong, and Fallon when they first opened also.

I think all of these ratings are basically useless.

I disagree, and think you have to use every data point available. While I agree that many/most reviews on social media in the first weeks will be from non-riders, a quick read of the Google reviews shows some people who seem to have ridden it (to the extent we can know). Every set of YouTube comments, forum responses, Google Maps or Yelp reviews, etc. is a data points. The data is likely biased and comes from a non-representative population of parkgoers-at-large, but the best we can do is take these data as they are because they obviously represent something.

e.g. the fact that F&F is majority 1* reviews (while Gringotts is majority 5* reviews) can tell you something, even if it's not "F&F is 5x worse than Gringotts", or if F&F has 10x more 1* than 5* reviews, we won't assume that "For every person who rode F&F and loved it, there are 10x as many people who hated it", because haters are probably more likely to go to social media to complain.

But I think it's interesting, and it's very, very relevant, as these parks all have a heavy social media presence and social media now constitutes a massive component of the advertising industry.

I disagree, and think you have to use every data point available. While I agree that many/most reviews on social media in the first weeks will be from non-riders, a quick read of the Google reviews shows some people who seem to have ridden it (to the extent we can know). Every set of YouTube comments, forum responses, Google Maps or Yelp reviews, etc. is a data points. The data is likely biased and comes from a non-representative population of parkgoers-at-large, but the best we can do is take these data as they are because they obviously represent something.

e.g. the fact that F&F is majority 1* reviews (while Gringotts is majority 5* reviews) can tell you something, even if it's not "F&F is 5x worse than Gringotts", or if F&F has 10x more 1* than 5* reviews, we won't assume that "For every person who rode F&F and loved it, there are 10x as many people who hated it", because haters are probably more likely to go to social media to complain.

But I think it's interesting, and it's very, very relevant, as these parks all have a heavy social media presence and social media now constitutes a massive component of the advertising industry.
These same groups were judging Gringotts & Kong & Fallon with 1.5 stars also the first months they were open. They may be data points, but they're mostly useless data points. Mostly reviews by people that will probably never set foot in a park and get a kick about being able to be a big time voice on social media after viewing essentially useless POV's. I have absolutely no respect for these ratings. ...Just my personal view....But I suspect Universal & Disney don't really give them any real credence either.....And, as I said, I'm surely not defending F&F, but we see this same stuff just about every time Universal opens a new attraction, so why even give them any credibility by quoting them.

Interesting point, I wonder if Volcano Bay has rebounded since their original onslaught of negative reviews. I did read those reviews closely and honestly most of them seemed like actual patrons who spent time at the parks based on their lengthy and detailed reviews. However when I made it there I couldn't believe it, because I thought the place was amazing!