Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 234 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be just a new-tech engineering thing. There was a square support added to Hulk for the rebuild that wasn’t present in the original.
In the photo the taller ones are square. I thought round was more solid but not smart when you want to add theming on or around it. Could it be that?

Not always true. The first downhill section and the part after the first launch (where track is installed) both have round supports and 2 tube track.
Those supports are round with square connectors. From one your pics, you can see the round connectors for the stronger track:
image.jpg

Reactions: LJGonz
That matches up with the three tube to round supports but this doesn’t.

I think they use the square supports for launch/brake/slow moving sections.

That picture shows that the track that is placed/being placed is on rectangular rail connectors.
Pictures show three types of supports being used on this coaster.
  1. I-Beam with rectangle connector(Likely for brakes, launches, and slow transport)
  2. Round with rectangle connector(What we see in most recent pictures, for moderate speed/G's)
  3. Round with round connector(For 3bar, 4bar, or even their 'modern' track style. Anywhere you see this, it'll be going pretty fast... or the trains are really heavy.)
This thing is an entirely different beast than anything else it's being compared to. Taking all of Intamin's thrill innovation of the last few years, and mixing it with Universal-quality immersion; it's gonna blow peoples minds IMO.

This thing is an entirely different beast than anything else it's being compared to. Taking all of Intamin's thrill innovation of the last few years, and mixing it with Universal-quality immersion; it's gonna blow peoples minds IMO.

Yea. There's a reason that outside of Mario Kart which is now however many years away, this is my most anticipated ride in Orlando

Boy do I love wobbly banking, like on Mummy before fire room, and on Cheetah Hunt around the water section... and this coaster is looking like wobbly banking heaven already! Thanks for the pic update!
This is why I'm 50/50 with this coaster. It sounds like it doesn't pace well on paper, but then I think of Cheetah Hunt , Mummy, Gringotts when comparing some of the similarities and I enjoy ALL of those. I Just might like this thiing..

I'd argue that Hulk has more theming than Slinky, but I agree with the other two.

I'd put them about on par; they're both meant to be intertwined with their lands, and Hulk's second half feels less backstage-y after the latest refurbishment. Slinky appears to be more consistently integrated into the area, but we won't really know about backstage views until we get a PoV.

How can either of you think this?

I’m no slinky defender- I think it’ll be mediocre and the whole backyard idea is a snooze fest. But it’ll have ~100 thematic elements. The train is a slinky dog. There are Toy boxes and Jesse and Rex, etc etc.

Hulk is.... green? That constitutes theming?
Batman at six flags is yellow. Batman and hulk are thematic equivelants. Hulk is my favorite coaster between UOR or WDW- but it has zero thematic elements. Zero.

How can either of you think this?

I’m no slinky defender- I think it’ll be mediocre and the whole backyard idea is a snooze fest. But it’ll have ~100 thematic elements. The train is a slinky dog. There are Toy boxes and Jesse and Rex, etc etc.

Hulk is.... green? That constitutes theming? What is this? Six flags. Batman is yellow. Batman and hulk are thematic equivelants. Hulk is my favorite coaster between UOR or WDW- but it has zero theming. Zero.

Umm, the launch tunnel with all its effects? The trains? The fog and the rest of the tunnels? Have you seen the queue? :eek:O:

That means a lot to me. :grin: You have no idea how nervous I am talking into a microphone.
I Can Imagine. Haha. But seriously you don't sound like you are forcing the issue with whatever point you're making in the video. You're calm, collected, and cool which allows for the information to transfer smoothly as a listener because it seems like you definitely know what you're talking about as opposed to just reading a prompt or whatever.

And THANK YOU for the visual walk through of the coaster. That actually helped me see this happening in a better light and I can confirm I am absolutely stoked for this now. This has the ability to be the best coaster in Orlando from what you described thus far.

A few days later than planned, but here's the video version of my write-up. Enjoy!

Great video, Alicia! The ride sounds very promising to me. I'm glad what I was hoping for back in March is sounding more and more true...
It sounds like a much more advanced version of Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Great video, Alicia! The ride sounds very promising to me. I'm glad what I was hoping for back in March is sounding more and more true...
A few days later than planned, but here's the video version of my write-up. Enjoy!

Very nice video I can't wait to see more of your videos with the process of the build. Very well done, and I worked at Verbolten at BGW, and I hope Intamin has better ways to deal with evacuations, than we did on Verbolten,(even though Verbroken is not from Intamin) was not fun carrying a battery pack to each train and to only pop the restraints, to find out the battery packs never charged, wasn't a huge fan of doing 10-11's there. Can't wait to see more of your videos along with the HP coaster progression. I am wandering if maybe they will show at IAAPA this year the train model for this coaster.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.