Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true. Never been there yet.

I like Hangar Bar because I can always find a table. And I really really like Indiana Jones, so I adore the references. It’s clearly not the best bar, but it’s my favorite bar.

And I had just downed an “Anything Goes” right before I posted that so may have been tipsy and using hyperbole.

Haha. I wish I liked Jock's more than I do. Raider's is my favorite movie. If Jock's was built next to the IJA and not in freaking Disney Springs, I may like it more than I do.

Haha. I wish I liked Jock's more than I do. Raider's is my favorite movie. If Jock's was built next to the IJA and not in freaking Disney Springs, I may like it more than I do.
It’s perfect at Disney Springs, cause it’s my escape from all the hip trendy places that are too cool for me.

Although, it’s weird now with current pop music playing. Really a dark contrast against the theming. I miss the 1930s era jazz that used to play. But whatever, if it’s helping business then so be it.

It’s perfect at Disney Springs, cause it’s my escape from all the hip trendy places that are too cool for me.

Although, it’s weird now with current pop music playing. Really a dark contrast against the theming. I miss the 1930s era jazz that used to play. But whatever, if it’s helping business then so be it.

I had a similar critique of the Edison when I was there “after hours”. They had the retro jazz band, acrobatics, and dancers all performing 20s-style music (we had a blast and dressed for the occasion), and then they’d open up the dance floor and play pitbull. Super jarring haha. And if I wanted dance to club music, I could walk right outside where there was a DJ lol.

I wonder if they're considering making Donald and his gang a permanent fixture in this area. I mean, beyond the way that temporary parties like the Dino Bash often have a way of sticking around forever at WDW...

I kind of like Dino Rama in a perverse way. It provides humor in a park that lacks it. And I still think it's funny and unique that the land basically has two rides (Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur) with the same theme but different tones, where the former spoofs the latter.

I wouldn't be sad if it got bulldozed for a Ducktales ride, though. It's pretty easy to drop them into a Dino adventure, and plus I'm open to any reason to infuse the parks with Carl-Barks-esque duck hijinks

I wonder if they're considering making Donald and his gang a permanent fixture in this area. I mean, beyond the way that temporary parties like the Dino Bash often have a way of sticking around forever at WDW...

I kind of like Dino Rama in a perverse way. It provides humor in a park that lacks it. And I still think it's funny and unique that the land basically has two rides (Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur) with the same theme but different tones, where the former spoofs the latter.

I wouldn't be sad if it got bulldozed for a Ducktales ride, though. It's pretty easy to drop them into a Dino adventure, and plus I'm open to any reason to infuse the parks with Carl-Barks-esque duck hijinks

Well, to quote Disney Parks Live Entertainment Show Director, Mark Renfrow: "It's here forever."

It also just makes sense as Indy fits a theme park perfectly.
Agreed. We were at Disneyland for the first time last week, and neither of us could shut up about how cool the entirety of IJA was.

That turn in the ride revealing the giant chamber with the decaying skull and lava under the bridge of is one of the biggest wow moments I’ve ever experienced in a theme park. There’s just so much to work with visually.

Agreed. We were at Disneyland for the first time last week, and neither of us could shut up about how cool the entirety of IJA was.

That turn in the ride revealing the giant chamber with the decaying skull and lava under the bridge of is one of the biggest wow moments I’ve ever experienced in a theme park. There’s just so much to work with visually.
IJA remains my favorite dark ride. And I agree, the first view of the chamber (basically about 70% of the ride comes into view) was awe-inducing.

Sort of an off-topic thought, but I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to start a new thread.

Could Disney attempt to bring back Beastly Kingdom sometime in the future? It wouldn't have to be the same as the original pitch that basically became Lost Continent at IOA. You could resurrect the old dragon coaster, build a new dark ride to replace the old log flume concept, maybe bring in a IP or two if you want. It could be a extremely good move by Disney, in both marketing and concept.

Sort of an off-topic thought, but I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to start a new thread.

Could Disney attempt to bring back Beastly Kingdom sometime in the future? It wouldn't have to be the same as the original pitch that basically became Lost Continent at IOA. You could resurrect the old dragon coaster, build a new dark ride to replace the old log flume concept, maybe bring in a IP or two if you want. It could be a extremely good move by Disney, in both marketing and concept.

With LC on its last legs, there’s never been a greater time to move forward with the idea.

Ideally I’d want to keep it IP free and it’s probably the best match for AK of all he ideas that have been suggested.

Plus unicorns are so hot right now.

That is what I’m hoping they do but who knows.

I think the idea of having an entire themed land dedicated to mystical creatures has been kinda nullified by the existence of Expedition Everest.

I think an interesting idea of ressurecting BK that's more fitting at this point is to essentially create a "Europe" themed area. Model it after Africa and Asia and have it take place in a fictional European village. Have a nature trail containing various flora and fauna from Europe, and have it end with an encounter with a Unicorn AA in a hidden grotto, just as it was intended back in BK. And of course, ressurect the Dragon Tower concept as the new land's signature attraction.

None of this will ever happen of course, due to lacking a big name IP attached to it. Which has, for better or worse, become the norm for Orlando theme parks.

I think the idea of having an entire themed land dedicated to mystical creatures has been kinda nullified by the existence of Expedition Everest.

I think an interesting idea of ressurecting BK that's more fitting at this point is to essentially create a "Europe" themed area. Model it after Africa and Asia and have it take place in a fictional European village. Have a nature trail containing various flora and fauna from Europe, and have it end with an encounter with a Unicorn AA in a hidden grotto, just as it was intended back in BK. And of course, ressurect the Dragon Tower concept as the new land's signature attraction.

None of this will ever happen of course, due to lacking a big name IP attached to it. Which has, for better or worse, become the norm for Orlando theme parks.
I think it may happen eventually:)

Disney tried twice to not cover a theme park with Disney Animated movie ip's and failed so why not grab all the bad Disney villain animals (Scar, Maleficent in dragon form, Kaa and Sir Hiss etc) like an Avangers compilation and have Mickey and the gang battle them in a elaborate dark ride. This should be the main ride in a land themed of fictional and anthropomorphic animals.

Disney tried twice to not cover a theme park with Disney Animated movie ip's and failed so why not grab all the bad Disney villain animals (Scar, Maleficent in dragon form, Kaa and Sir Hiss etc) like an Avangers compilation and have Mickey and the gang battle them in a elaborate dark ride. This should be the main ride in a land themed of fictional and anthropomorphic animals.
Fantasmic!: The Ride

On the latest episode of The Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill (yes, grain of salt, and all that) reports that Disney is considering redoing Dinoland as an area themed to the ICE AGE movies.

I find it extremely hard to imagine that Disney would give prime real estate to a dying/dead and critically-maligned franchise. Needless to say, I hope it never happens!

And I don't know why Disney keeps kicking around these concepts to remove dinosaurs from the park, but I'd like them to stop it.

On the latest episode of The Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill (yes, grain of salt, and all that) reports that Disney is considering redoing Dinoland as an area themed to the ICE AGE movies.

I find it extremely hard to imagine that Disney would give prime real estate to a dying/dead and critically-maligned franchise. Needless to say, I hope it never happens!

And I don't know why Disney keeps kicking around these concepts to remove dinosaurs from the park, but I'd like them to stop it.
I agree, and everybody likes dinosaurs, it wouldn’t make sense to go forward with it. Unless if it’s an expansion though, which Animal Kingdom needs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.