Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

The queue videos for this ride are fantastic. Perhaps the animation quality could use a little bit of an update, but their content is great and I wouldn't want to see them completely replaced like in the Hulk queue.

The queue for this ride gives me some of the nostalgia that I’m looking for when I come to the parks. The newer Spider-Man movies aren’t going to do that for me, I think the old cartoon is timeless. It’s the 30-something’s version of POW! BAM! Batman.

I thought that fit quite well that nobody was around. In story, the City is basically under attack. Heading out of the load area it felt eerily quiet as you went round the corner (minus JJJ on the speaker) and I thought it kept to the tone of the story quite well.

Definitely, although it was my favourite cartoon as a kid so I still enjoy watching the videos. Have they updated the Daily Bugle desks? Last time I was there the food on the desks didnt look particularly appetising.
The food looks unappetizing because the colouring in the queue is supposed to be based on the comic books which had a muted colour scheme.

I thought that fit quite well that nobody was around. In story, the City is basically under attack. Heading out of the load area it felt eerily quiet as you went round the corner (minus JJJ on the speaker) and I thought it kept to the tone of the story quite well.
Yea, was wondering if anyone would bring that up. They even say they’re evacuating the city in the queue videos. But I like it better with bystanders in some scenes, creates a greater sense of danger with the villains on the loose. I do like that the first few scenes are still quiet and empty. Not until the theater district do you see extras. Works well.

Yea, was wondering if anyone would bring that up. They even say they’re evacuating the city in the queue videos. But I like it better with bystanders in some scenes, creates a greater sense of danger with the villains on the loose. I do like that the first few scenes are still quiet and empty. Not until the theater district do you see extras. Works well.

Yeah, its a good balance. I can only assume that the family playing with their baby in their apartment in the new levitation scene dont have the news on their TV.

Yeah, its a good balance. I can only assume that the family playing with their baby in their apartment in the new levitation scene dont have the news on their TV.
Ha!

Some things are more important than super villains rampaging the city.

(Maybe they’re used to it.)

The levitation scene is my favorite attraction scene in any ride from any park. It is so convincing both visually and physically. The dropping building set is so vital to the effect.

I don't really understand the need to add silhouettes to the windows though. I have probably ridden this ride well over 50 times and never once thought, where are the people in those buildings? Its not hurting anything but the whole thing is just 'odd' to me and just makes me ask 'why?' Oh well, I will still love the ride!

Does anyone know the history of why the villains in this ride changed from the concept phase of the ride?
Originally the ride was supposed to the feature Lizard instead of Hydro Man, Green Goblin instead of Hobgoblin, and Vulture. Both Lizard and Green Goblin are far more recognizable Spiderman villains when compared to Hydro Man and Hobby, and I'd argue Vulture is about on the same level as Electro, but definitely more well known than Scream.

Here's some concept art I found online that show sewer scene that originally was to include Lizard:

c9ktr7y.jpg

52s2CXx.jpg

Does anyone know the history of why the villains in this ride changed from the concept phase of the ride?
Originally the ride was supposed to the feature Lizard instead of Hydro Man, Green Goblin instead of Hobgoblin, and Vulture. Both Lizard and Green Goblin are far more recognizable Spiderman villains when compared to Hydro Man and Hobby, and I'd argue Vulture is about on the same level as Electro, but definitely more well known than Scream.

Here's some concept art I found online that show sewer scene that originally was to include Lizard:

c9ktr7y.jpg

52s2CXx.jpg

I have no initial knowledge, but I think Hydroman gives more options to use as far as special effects than Lizard. The switch to Hobgoblin doesn’t make sense to me either. Vulture I’d think would also be from the effects area.

Then they could't have said "trick or treat, smell my feet, time to blow you off the street"

Wouldn't be surprised if it was more of a color scheme decision. You already have two green villains between Doctor Octopus and Electro, meaning Hobgoblin gives some visual uniqueness (with Scream being the only real comp). That said, I have no idea why they went with Scream, of all characters, when Venom or Carnage fill the same hole and are far more recognizable.

Frankly, they could've used Sandman, a far more iconic villain, without much trouble... but then you don't get your water splash effect.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was more of a color scheme decision. You already have two green villains between Doctor Octopus and Electro, meaning Hobgoblin gives some visual uniqueness (with Scream being the only real comp). That said, I have no idea why they went with Scream, of all characters, when Venom or Carnage fill the same hole and are far more recognizable.

Frankly, they could've used Sandman, a far more iconic villain, without much trouble... but then you don't get your water splash effect.

Throwing sand at guests probably wouldn't have went down too well.

idontlikesand.gif

I feel like Scream was used due to the bright color scheme...Venom would have been cool

I thought I read a behind the scenes of how they picked the characters back in the day, maybe I imagined it