Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Potter was a relatively untapped market for merchandise and Universal jumped on it and they’re still bringing out new ideas and I’m sure they have more in the pipeline. Star Wars is over 40 years old and everything that can be done has been done already and it’s available everywhere. Unless they bring out some great park exclusive merchandise, I don’t think they’ll be seeing a huge increase when Walmart have similar stuff for far less money.

I think the bars and restaurants will be a hit for the experience but I’m not expecting anything great from the food.

I also don’t think blue milk will be a success. Like green eggs and ham, it’s a gimmick and as a species, we’ll just find the idea repulsive. People will buy it for that instagram photo but it’s a one and done thing. Butterbeer in comparison is a decent drink and unique.
item_image_bf9e8eda-ea8f-46f7-882d-bf83f36663cb.jpg

Potter was a relatively untapped market for merchandise and Universal jumped on it and they’re still bringing out new ideas and I’m sure they have more in the pipeline. Star Wars is over 40 years old and everything that can be done has been done already and it’s available everywhere. Unless they bring out some great park exclusive merchandise, I don’t think they’ll be seeing a huge increase when Walmart have similar stuff for far less money.

I think the bars and restaurants will be a hit for the experience but I’m not expecting anything great from the food.

I also don’t think blue milk will be a success. Like green eggs and ham, it’s a gimmick and as a species, we’ll just find the idea repulsive. People will buy it for that instagram photo but it’s a one and done thing. Butterbeer in comparison is a decent drink and unique.

Plus, given the number of lactose intolerant adults there are, the market shrinks further. Butterbeer has a wider appeal, in my opinion. Personally, they should scrap the blue milk or the instant bread thing from "The Force Awakens" and just come up with a drink or food that looks like it's from another planet but is tasty. Gimmicks are just that while actual good food will have repeat business. Not that anyone will be able to get into the area enough to become a repeat customer.

Reactions: Scott W.

That looks fine and I'm sure plenty of people would enjoy it but you can't call it blue milk. I think the majority of people when they see blue milk would be expecting milk with blue food colouring.

If you have ever drank something that you thought for something else, it throws you off completely, even if you like the drink you drank by accident.

Who says alien "milk" has lactose in it?

Anyway, SWGE is going to be a huge success and probably be the next set bar for the industry, just like Hogsmeade and Diagon.

What I find interesting is how Disney lets TEA to state highly inflated attendance numbers year after year so when SWGE opens the attendance will either be hilariously over projected (DHS cannot fit 15 million guests a year into it) or show a flat growth for 2020. If I was Disney I'd use my influence to release actual numbers to TEA since 2015 to bring the park down to actual attendance. This will make the eventual 50% increase more impressive and in line with reality.

Blue milk is not going to be actual milk. It’s just not.

The problem is that they need to call it blue milk because that’s what’s expected but nobody wants to drink milk. The people who do want to drink milk will be disappointed when it's not.

I actually think there could be a market for higher-end "build your own" lightsabers that aren't made from cheap plastic and don't feel like toys for kids, but collectibles for adults.

There most certainly is but do you want to buy it in a theme park and carry it about all day with you unless you're staying on site and can have it delivered to your room.

The problem is that they need to call it blue milk because that’s what’s expected but nobody wants to drink milk. The people who do want to drink milk will be disappointed when it's not.

Universal gave out bonuses because they sold so much cream soda with liquefied Cool Whip on top. I've yet to hear a guest complain it contains neither butter nor beer. Whatever blue Yoo Hoo Disney comes up with will do fine.

Universal gave out bonuses because they sold so much cream soda with liquefied Cool Whip on top. I've yet to hear a guest complain it contains neither butter nor beer. Whatever blue Yoo Hoo Disney comes up with will do fine.
Blue milk is not going to be actual milk. It’s just not.
I could definitely see them doing that, but...

What if the dairy industry threatens to sue Disney the way they do the Soy and Almond Milk companies forcing them to rename their products to comply with food regulations about how large a font you use for ingredients not contained in a product, which is now why we have SILK written real big and ‘soy milk’ real tiny on packaging.

FDA may force soy and almond 'milk' companies to change labeling

3D378137-FED2-4732-A8F3-2B948701014C.png

The main difference is that butterbeer sounds appealing. Blue milk does not.

You can make it whatever you want but the biggest hurdle is actually wanting people to buy it.

Reactions: Alicia
I could definitely see them doing that, but...

What if the dairy industry threatens to sue Disney the way they do the Soy and Almond Milk companies forcing them to rename their products to comply with food regulations about how large a font you use for ingredients not contained in a product, which is now why we have SILK written real big and ‘soy milk’ real tiny on packaging.

FDA may force soy and almond 'milk' companies to change labeling

View attachment 8451
People at one of the Star Wars events at DHS this year got to try Blue Milk. There was no milk.

People at one of the Star Wars events at DHS this year got to try Blue Milk. There was no milk.

I think the point was that dairy farmers were suing companies for using milk in their brands when it doesn’t contain ‘milk’.

That could be an issue here.

Yea, I’m not doubting Disney making it lactose-free, just pointing out a possible issue with that route they may need to deal with eventually.

There’s not many groups more cranky than the dairy farmers of America, (except maybe beef farmers).

Just call it "Tatooine Treat" beverage or something. Problem solved. People will know what it is.

Personally, I wanna try the green one from Last Jedi!