Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 420 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a solid name that invites imagination. Really, there's nothing wrong with the name. It's just a name. It's not going to stop anyone from going to the park. I really like the nautical theme of the logo, it's kinda Islands of Adventure-esque. I'm interested to see if they keep it.

:exclap:

What he's referring to is a "controlled leak." It's a marketing tactic used in media and technology (typically the smart phone industry.) I have no opinion on whether it was leaked or not, nor does it really matter.

I know what he's referring to/what he thinks it was.

But he's also saying that organic leaks are impossible...which is nuts. Things leak all the time. Hell, half of us here have seen multiple plans for Nintendo, Secret Life of Pets, etc.

I know what he's referring to/what he thinks it was.

But he's also saying that organic leaks are impossible...which is nuts. Things leak all the time. Hell, half of us here have seen multiple plans for Nintendo, Secret Life of Pets, etc.
Gotcha. Organic leaks are absolutely possible, happens in my industry all the time, regardless of NDAs.

Based on @Joe 's article, I think I get it. Almost what the the blue sky for New Fantasyland was at one time (B&tB France, TLM France, SW Germany, Arrendale, Wonderland, all sort of in a row--but still "Fantasyland"). Leave out TSM, new Toy Story land would have been an ideal example of this for a "Pixar world."

It works great for Dreamworks. Three or four IPs that each support one E-ticket, maybe a companion C-ticket, a gift shop or QSR, but would probably collapse under the weight of being a new land. All based on the particular aesthetic and in-house style of a single studio, like the classic Disney princesses.

I think it works for Nintendo IF we get at least one more land (ideally two). Hyrule, Metroid planet, game I've never heard of land--doesn't matter, but I think you need one or two more IPs that aren't descendants of the original Donkey Kong game.

As for the rest tho? I'm stymied. Fantastic Beasts locations all feel like variations on London's MoM (which I think we're getting in FFL)--and oh yeah, the franchise is tanking hard. The three classic Universal monsters who can anchor a mini-land are all set in vaguely 17-18th Century Europe. I guess you could add Godzilla's Tokyo or Beetlejuice but the contrast would be so jarring as to defeat the thesis statement of the park. Hanna Barbara might work, but that's another cartoon line, and not sure WB would part with rights. Not sure what else is out there.

I like Fantastic Worlds better than I did when I first heard Islands of Adventure.

I fear Disney has ruined "world" for this context. I hear this, I think it's going to mean a collection of parks. That will all be on Marketing tho.

Reactions: Magic-Man
So do we know when/where/what for when it comes to this presentation?

I do have to think, if they're presenting this to people, we may be closer to getting some details than we think.
Yea, I am a little surprised to see something with a logo, even if thrown together, already ready for power point presentations. Just a couple months ago we had Comcast saying they were "looking into building a new park" and now they're showing off slides!? Big jump.

So what am I missing here, why are people acting like this is legit? People photoshopping together fake images and logos and then taking a blurry, secret, photo is something that happens all the time. The fact that it uses the single piece of concept art that was already released and the name most publicly rumored, screams fan-made to me.

Reactions: brainleech419
As for the rest tho? I'm stymied. Fantastic Beasts locations all feel like variations on London's MoM (which I think we're getting in FFL)--and oh yeah, the franchise is tanking hard.

I would not hold my breath on MOM at FFL.

Yea, I am a little surprised to see something with a logo, even if thrown together, already ready for power point presentations. Just a couple months ago we had Comcast saying they were "looking into building a new park" and now they're showing off slides!? Big jump.

Yea, it's weird.

So what am I missing here, why are people acting like this is legit? People photoshopping together fake images and logos and then taking a blurry, secret, photo is something that happens all the time. The fact that it uses the single piece of concept art that was already released and the name most publicly rumored, screams fan-made to me.

Good point. But it lines up with basically all the real info.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Yes, that can (and has) happened, but this doesn't look fake. The way the text blurs and rolls of the screen screams that it's real.

I totally agree it could be fake. Buuuuut would someone fake that with a new logo, hire out a conference room, get plants and other people, then take a photo? If it was to be faked I’d do a layout or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.