Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It is, water rides are popular. Problem is the first half coming out of Marvel is largely a waste and ugly (amphitheater and comic book lane).
Two great water rides also

The first half is a waste of space, I still feel LC is first on the chopping block

Reactions: Coolbfitz
IMO Toon Lagoon should stay forever. I see it as a great family section of the park that really has no reason to leave. I've read posts in other discussions asking for rides that have no tied IP and I see Toon Lagoon as a close attempt at that since the younger generations are not familiar with the IP. A visitor can always be amazed by the cartoons even if they don't know them. I do agree with the replacement of the first half.
They could either expand Marvel or maybe do a ride on The adventures of Tintin. It would fit in well with the theme of the land and with another Tintin movie being made from Amblin with Peter Jackson directing I think it would add something special to the land.

Of course, Paramount might be the distributor just like the last Tintin movie by Spielberg, hence hard to get the rights. Sorry if this was already mentioned before.

So after looking at Google Maps (which is very scientific), I've determined that the area of the theatre is a bit bigger than JP Discovery Center, and just about the same as Cat in the Hat (maybe a LITTLE smaller). So they could certainly fit SOMETHING in there. Maybe not an E-ticket, but definitely a small dark ride.

Popular for lunch time...Normally closes early

The food has somewhat improved over the years
If you're like me and miss the awful theme park Chinese food from the International Food and Film Festival before it was turned into Fast Food Blvd, then you're in luck! This is the last place you can find it. And it's really good if you like bad theme park Chinese food like me!

Yea, it's no better or worse than any other quick service location. And it has specific offerings you can't find anywhere else in the park.
We don't typically eat quick-service when we're there, but it definitely wasn't bad. Only quick-service locations we've eaten at are Comic Strip Café, Louie's, Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks.

But if CSC must go for an expansion.. SO BE IT

Reactions: shiekra38
If you're like me and miss the awful theme park Chinese food from the International Food and Film Festival before it was turned into Fast Food Blvd, then you're in luck! This is the last place you can find it. And it's really good if you like bad theme park Chinese food like me!
Perhaps I don't remember, but Food and Film was wayyy worse

Perhaps they've changed their ingredients, but I was pleasantly surprised recently...Perhaps I was just super hungry

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Still waiting on the Forest Gump Cinematic Universe where each person he met along the way gets their own spin-off movie and we can finally learn what they've all been up to since meeting Forest.

Just make sure one of them goes on some sort of river rapid adventure and another somehow goes over a waterfall on a log and boom we've got an overlay for Toon Lagoon :lmao: