Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe some folks, using Jackson's Kong was part of a courting of him, so that when the time came, he would be more open to letting Universal use his Lord of the Rings likeness for the new park... If you believe the rumors.

More realistically, Universal loves Universal. They love what they already have access to. They love that King Kong is part of what transformed their Hollywod location from just a backlot tour to a theme park. They love its history with the company. And they love themselves.

Universal didn't make the new movie. They made the 2005 one. It's as simple as that.

I believe that getting Jackson involved was part of courting him for LOTT eventually. Not the main reason but a nice perk that they played.

I think the same thing is being done with Netflix and Stranger Things at HHN. Netflix is a bit of a cultural phenomenon and having access to that content is a huge ace up the sleeve for Universal. They’re probably already working on a Birdbox HHN experience.

Huh, never even thought of UO courting to particular people - ironic, seeing as that's how we got a lot of the original rides (Spielburg). In Netflix's wheelhouse though, I don't see much that would line up with FW. A couple of animated movies off of DreamWorks maybe, but I can't imagine a Stranger Things ride (which is debatably the best original content Netflix has brought to the world).

Although I would happily take a Bill Nye Saves the World ride.

Someone hasn't watched The Curious Creations Of Christine McConnell..

You would be correct. :)

Disney did it! :eek:ut:
(unsure if I need to point out the 'Simpson's did it' reference) :think:

Debatably you did have to point it out...but I also don't watch Simpsons...

I am the generation that will excitedly shout Bill's name over and over again. I would like to petition for Bill to take over Fallon. That theater setup would have been cool as a glorified science fair.

You would be correct. :)
Debatably you did have to point it out...but I also don't watch Simpsons...

Well apparently so, because it's actually a South Park quote.

(the episode goes on to explain that just about anything they do can be compered to Simpsons, kind of similar to Universal with Disney)

I am the generation that will excitedly shout Bill's name over and over again. I would like to petition for Bill to take over Fallon. That theater setup would have been cool as a glorified science fair.

Bill is great in his element, which was definitely not the case for Ellen's Energy Adventure. Two amazing people in one awful ride. Arguably that's Disney's fault. But it'd be hard to make a ride with Bill being Bill fit in the parks, what I mean is it's basically taking him out of his element.

Last edited:
I remember there being some Bill Nye in Innovations back in the day. I have this strong image in my head of Bill being surround by angry, talking, clouds.

Ok I get Kong cannot be used anymore at Universal Orlando Resort and his home is permanant at IOA. I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover to one who hasn’t even ridden the attraction yet who hasn’t even seen IOA as a park yet either, who hasn’t seen Twister at USF until it was torn down...yea I haven’t been to Orlando in awhile but anyways I am just tired of seeing screens and 3D glasses and I know I’m not the only one. Super Nintendo world in my opinion can be successful without any screen usage at all. I know some Universal Fans want the screens to finally be ditched. I can’t accept the fact that it’ll be the future of theme park attractions going forward along with 3D glasses. I know the older attractions at USF that are gone we will never see again made you feel like you were a part of the movie. Again when riding Jaws when a fire broke out you could actually feel the heat of the fire. On a screen of course you couldn’t get that feeling. I just want Universal to tone it down with all this st the fourth gate. Maybe I won’t get my wish but just a suggestion. I know they won’t totally abandon the screens/3D altogether. I think Kong can be used at Universal again as long as he’s under Universal property. Why not bring him back to New York City from the Peter Jackson 05’ film at the fourth gate? Kongfrontation main focus was having Kong in NYC now it has shifted to his actual home. I’m ok with that. But maybe it’s time we switch back. My post is long because I just had a little rant of my frustration of 3D we know this won’t be here in 30 years to come that’s something we can all agree on. By like 2030 screens will be gone and glasses I’m calling it.
Its not just the 3D. By showing at 60fps, your brain interprets it as real. (Showscan, a system in the 70s, used 70mm film at 70fps in 2D. And the brain still reacted as if it was real. If there was motion on the screen you felt motion. Hard to describe but the effect was astonishing. But it was too expensive using film).

I remember there being some Bill Nye in Innovations back in the day. I have this strong image in my head of Bill being surround by angry, talking, clouds.
Probably so. Wasn't his show a Disney production, or at least on the Disney Channel?

From a scale to 1 to 10 the likelyhood we will hear anything official for a fourth gate at universal Orlando? The offficial title? How many worlds their will be officially? Fantastic Worlds may not be the front runner anymore if you’ve read screamscape’s article. WB may object Universal Orlando to not use Fantastic Worlds name in their new park and even not include Fantastic Beasts! Pretty big news. Doesn’t Potter already have enough anyway with theme park presence at USF & IOA? This makes Epic Universe the front runner if WB decides not to let Universal use Fantastic Worlds. The article goes on to say at screamscape Universal May have to fight over WB to use the FW name which could lead to a huge argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.