Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea, sorry to derail the thread with the general condition of universal stage shows. It's just maddening that they've closed almost all of them, starting with the ones that were halfway decent. But it'll be exciting to see them go in a new direction, bumping up the quality. I just think it should have been one at a time starting with the worst, and taking in feedback as they go.

But back to Toon Lagoon... I'm not sure what they could put in the amphitheater that's both good and fitting. It is enough space for a small-medium dark ride, but they do need an amphitheater from time to time.

Yea, sorry to derail the thread with the general condition of universal stage shows. It's just maddening that they've closed almost all of them, starting with the ones that were halfway decent. But it'll be exciting to see them go in a new direction, bumping up the quality. I just think it should have been one at a time starting with the worst, and taking in feedback as they go.

But back to Toon Lagoon... I'm not sure what they could put in the amphitheater that's both good and fitting. It is enough space for a small-medium dark ride, but they do need an amphitheater from time to time.

Closed all except the WOAT (opposite of goat) FFL.

Toon Lagoon will likely get a retheme one day, and I’d almost rather they just do nothing with it until then. Even if that’s 10 years.

There are still other things to do in IoA; namely Lost Continent.
They could also throw in something else around Seuss. And they could easily drop stormforce and/or dr doom and put something else in marvel as well. Other than that, the park is pretty much perfect. Toon Lagoon redo, whatever it ends up being, will be the biggest job since Hogsmeade and completely change the feel of that park.

I wouldn’t be opposed to them making a fully enclosed show building like MK was going to have. Whether that’s in LC or over by London where FFL is. Heck, couldn’t they make a MoM stage show? If the olivanders show is an indicator, it could be great.
That said, if they know what they are going to eventually do in Toon Lagoon and want to enclose or use that theater (or tear it down for something), I’m fine with it. I just want them to have a long term plan that they are 95% going to carry through with.

If they don't plan to completely retheme Toon Lagoon for a while, then maybe an addition of a small dark ride in the amphitheater spot would be a good thing. It would rejuvenate the area, and hey, maybe they could theme those carnival games to the attraction.

If they don't plan to completely retheme Toon Lagoon for a while, then maybe an addition of a small dark ride in the amphitheater spot would be a good thing. It would rejuvenate the area, and hey, maybe they could theme those carnival games to the attraction.

Keeping in the water theme, they could do a SpongeBob show. I'd imagine it wouldn't be super expensive, seeing as they already own versions of the costumes.

There's nothing I want more than a SpongeBob dark ride.. Lol.

I think that would be cool - those characters would do well as animatronics! I just can't see the money being put in for something as steadfast as a ride though - a show can be rethemed and retooled pretty easily if they ever decide to ditch SpongeBob.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I think that would be cool - those characters would do well as animatronics! I just can't see the money being put in for something as steadfast as a ride though - a show can be rethemed and retooled pretty easily if they ever decide to ditch SpongeBob.
If they do a show, I want it to fit right in with the Toon Lagoon theming. As in, the audience should leave soaked. Lol.

I would guess that in the future, when it comes to animated oriented IP's in the Universal parks, that most everything will be Dreamworks or Illumination, since Universal owns the IP's. They make more profit from merchandise, less rights fees to pay, etc.

Reactions: natespf
OK, let the rumors fly. This was posted this morning about a project walk through in IoA at 3AM. Looks like Dudley's to me...

Both the person who posted and the one they tagged are just artists. So say they make a mural of...?

Could be anywhere, but it won’t be major, whatever it is. Maybe even looking at painting the side of JPRA with the same mural treatment they’re currently giving the one in Hollywood. Just getting a birds eye view of it all.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Yeah it’s Dudley’s for sure, most likely just seasonal maintenance.

Maybe, but it seems odd that they'd be bringing in an outside company for that, as well as doing a walkthrough at 3AM.

I don't think this is anything major (Fake isn't a huge company, but does some stuff for HHN), but I don't know if it's something as mundane as regular maintenance.

Edit: Could be a mural for the big show building in the Potter coaster. Or the sound barrier. Or both.

Looking through his Instagram photos he did work on (2017) JPRA seasonal maintenance, Diagon and lots of other theme park projects. It’s anybody’s guess at this point until someone has some confirmation.

If it wasn’t for Dudley why would they be walking through Dudley then? Just out of curiosity as I don’t know how this works.

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleSkip
Looking through his Instagram photos he did work on JPRA seasonal maintenance, Diagon and lots of other theme park projects. It’s anybody’s guess at this point until someone has some confirmation.

If it wasn’t for Dudley why would they be walking through Dudley then? Just out of curiosity as I don’t know how this works.

Hm. Maybe he is just there for repainting or something. Weird that they would bring outside people in for something like that though.

Maybe, but it seems odd that they'd be bringing in an outside company for that, as well as doing a walkthrough at 3AM.

I don't think this is anything major (Fake isn't a huge company, but does some stuff for HHN), but I don't know if it's something as mundane as regular maintenance.

Edit: Could be a mural for the big show building in the Potter coaster. Or the sound barrier. Or both.
If they're doing the Potter coaster, I wonder why he'd have a picture of Dudley. Weird stuff.

Reactions: therock