Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Toon Lagoon

Scooby-Doo, as much as it is a bit..older, it's still iconic and evergreen in it's own nature.

Plus, it has a face that can be marketed, and be thought of real quick. And if the WBDhabi dark ride is anything to go off of in a direction to pull, we could be in for some fun.

Who owns Scooby Doo? Specifically the movie rights?

I think it would be a cool opportunity for Dreamworks or Illumination to do a good film with the Doo

If you wanted to see an IP replace toon lagoon what would you want it to be? I mean I don’t want it to go away because I’ve never been to IOA so if it doesn’t get replace is their room
To add on to the land?
You’ve never been to Islands of Adventure!? But you’ve been posting in every single thread non stop about it for days!?!

If you don’t want the land to be replaced why do you keep asking what should replace it?

I hope nothing ever replaces Toon Lagoon. Well, at least the side with the two rides.

If they replace the Toon lagoon amphitheater and the street with Comic Strip Cafe they could create a whole new land and still leave the rest as Toon Lagoon. I’d prefer that over losing the rides and their theming.

I hope nothing ever replaces Toon Lagoon. Well, at least the side with the two rides.

If they replace the Toon lagoon amphitheater and the street with Comic Strip Cafe they could create a whole new land and still leave the rest as Toon Lagoon. I’d prefer that over losing the rides and their theming.

What's your take on just retheming the existing rides, and otherwise leaving the mechanisms and track the same?

Bleh! Wouldn’t be cool with me. Especially Popeye. I don’t ride it too often cause I hate soggy shoes, but damn those show scenes are impressive for a raft ride. So iconic.

Popeye is just so dang charming. It also has a great queue that people never see anymore. I'll also stick up for Dudley. It's a lot of fun, and last time I was on it was in great shape with everything moving on it.

If the entire land was more "themed" than "decorated", I think it would be a lot better too.

What if they turned the entrance to the land into Scooby-D0, with a stage show in the amphitheater and knock down Comic Strip Cafe for a small dark ride. Then transformed the middle of the land with Simpson's level themed eateries, to replace tacky fest 9000 and around the hub where it branches.

Dafuq

Also, Epcyclopedia is that you?
Popeye is just so dang charming. It also has a great queue that people never see anymore. I'll also stick up for Dudley. It's a lot of fun, and last time I was on it was in great shape with everything moving on it.

If the entire land was more "themed" than "decorated", I think it would be a lot better too.

I like Dudley, too. It has a few bare spots, unlike Splash Mountain, but overall, it is a fun ride. I don't see a need to rebrand the area or change it up. More like a freshen up and maybe a dark ride where the theater is currently located.

Can somebody just lock this thread? Nothing is happening to Toon Lagoon anytime soon. Once the Harry Potter coaster and Jurassic Park/World coaster are up and running they are going to shift all their attention to the new park/resort. The next project up in IOA will most likely be the re-theme or replacement of the Lost Continent.

Popeye and Dudley may be dated, but there is nothing wrong with them and they still attract long wait times in the summer months. Spongebob would've made sense, but Universal should've pulled the trigger on that years ago. As much as I'd like to see something, anything go into the theater, it doesn't seem like it's very high on their to-do list since it's been sitting there vacant for years...

Keep Popeye. Replace Dudley with Spongebob and add the Krusty Krab. You can keep the current buildings and just refresh them. Either find a show for the amphitheater or add a dark ride.

I just don't like Spongebob but probably because it came into popularity well after my interest in kid's shows waned. I still like the older cartoons (Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, etc) and that is probably why I like Toon Lagoon. I also don't like the artwork/animation for Spongebob. I may be showing my age, unfortunately.

Can somebody just lock this thread? Nothing is happening to Toon Lagoon anytime soon. Once the Harry Potter coaster and Jurassic Park/World coaster are up and running they are going to shift all their attention to the new park/resort. The next project up in IOA will most likely be the re-theme or replacement of the Lost Continent.

Popeye and Dudley may be dated, but there is nothing wrong with them and they still attract long wait times in the summer months. Spongebob would've made sense, but Universal should've pulled the trigger on that years ago. As much as I'd like to see something, anything go into the theater, it doesn't seem like it's very high on their to-do list since it's been sitting there vacant for years...

There's no point in locking the thread. Universal is unpredictable. For all we know, Dudley could close next month for a Nintendo retheme.