Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 476 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad you can predict the future. :p Let's revisit this in a few decades when you are proven to be right.

There's some blue sky wishes. ;)

Regarding the novel's sequel, it's supposedly going to be a different type of storyline - no contest, but still exploring the pop culture references. Not all books lend themselves to movies, so whatever comes next could be so out of left field that there would be no way.

If Spielburg isn't involved, there's probably also no way to get all the pop culture references again. Spielburg is a powerhouse that people love to say "yes" to.

There's some blue sky wishes. ;)

Regarding the novel's sequel, it's supposedly going to be a different type of storyline - no contest, but still exploring the pop culture references. Not all books lend themselves to movies, so whatever comes next could be so out of left field that there would be no way.

If Spielburg isn't involved, there's probably also no way to get all the pop culture references again. Spielburg is a powerhouse that people love to say "yes" to.
I'm guessing Spielberg wouldn't be a part of it. But, it's a Warner Bros film... if they decide to go the self-aggrandizing route, they could still have enough content to make a movie work. (See Lego Movie 1 and 2. Similar to this is Ralph 1/2 for Disney.) Not saying it's going to be the best movie ever made, I'm just not discounting it like others.

It's also possible that whatever IPs they got they contracted for multiple movies, like they do with actors.

Last edited:
Once again, I'm bewildered by the anti-big coaster sentiment on here. Having a couple of big coasters is what makes Universal stand out from Disney. Without intense thrills, what makes Universal different?

As good as Pottercoaster looks, I'm still, to put it lightly...displeased...about the loss of Dragons. If it means making up for a lost thrill ride, I couldn't care less about the theming, particularly when they already ruined the JP area with Kong.

B&M flyers aren't that intense anyhow, and supposedly we're getting a minimum of four inversions for JP Coaster. So that's good to know.

I'm not anti-big coaster at all, but Flying Dinosaur absolutely has a reputation of being *very* intense and not all that comfortable of a ride.

I'm guessing Spielberg wouldn't be a part of it. But, it's a Warner Bros film... if they decide to go the self-aggrandizing route, they could still have enough content to make a movie work. (See Lego Movie 1 and 2. Similar to this is Ralph 1/2 for Disney.) Not saying it's going to be the best movie ever made, I'm just not discounting it like others.

It's also possible that whatever IPs they got they contracted for multiple movies, like they do with actors.

I'd definitely never pretend to be an expert on licensing and all that (turns out a degree in music business only gets you so far in entertainment), but I would guess that most of those licenses are just for the first movie.

I do agree that Spielberg would probably bail if they did a sequel - sounds like he did not like the process.

If more Spielberg was to go into the new park, I'd be happy. I don't see a lot more that he directed that would translate well - or is available, thanks Disney - but he did produce a ridiculous amount of movies. (Today was the day I learned that he was a producer on Men in Black and Transformers.)

EDIT: And Shrek. Dang, half of UOR is thanks to this man. I vote we have a ride that pays tribute to Spielberg now. And let him design it, too.

Reactions: natespf
I'd definitely never pretend to be an expert on licensing and all that (turns out a degree in music business only gets you so far in entertainment), but I would guess that most of those licenses are just for the first movie.

I do agree that Spielberg would probably bail if they did a sequel - sounds like he did not like the process.

If more Spielberg was to go into the new park, I'd be happy. I don't see a lot more that he directed that would translate well - or is available, thanks Disney - but he did produce a ridiculous amount of movies. (Today was the day I learned that he was a producer on Men in Black and Transformers.)

EDIT: And Shrek. Dang, half of UOR is thanks to this man. I vote we have a ride that pays tribute to Spielberg now. And let him design it, too.
and....he gets paid handsomely for the effort....with an almost never ending percentage of the gate.....a good example of a win win for both parties of the agreement

and....he gets paid handsomely for the effort....with an almost never ending percentage of the gate.....a good example of a win win for both parties of the agreement

Yep! Plus, JPRA and ET have done pretty well for themselves. I am under the impression he was very hands-on with both rides. I would trust any ride he handles with utmost certainty.

RPO was very...drab. Thought you could do so much more with that concept. Only thing I really liked about it was that Olivia Cooke is hot.

All of the easter eggs were cool for me. But I won't lie, Olivia Cooke was half the reason I went as well...

With respect, I work in the film industry. It was a mild disappointment and will almost certainly not be getting a sequel.

I'm not anti-big coaster at all, but Flying Dinosaur absolutely has a reputation of being *very* intense and not all that comfortable of a ride.

If the restraints are very uncomfortable, then yeah I think that's a good idea, but man, a truly intense thrill ride would get me hyped. I'm JACKED about RMC Gwazi, for instance, and hoping that HHN doesn't stop having at least one or two really intense houses. Happy to hear (from one source, at least) that JP Coaster has minimum four, maybe six or seven inversions. :)

Reactions: truejonas

Yes!

Or at least theme and dedicate the AP lounge to him. How much better would framed movie posters on the walls be and maybe a figure that resembles him and dressed like him on standing in the corner?

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
I am most excited for the Universal Monsters land. I am such a huge fan of the 1920-1960s movies of Universal Monsters. There really is so much they can do with this land if they put their hearts into it. I'm sure some of the creative designers would love to do something truly original that is not tied too strongly to an IP. This land could be their chance.

I imagine a world where its a unison of an interactive walk through like Poseidon's fury ( less grander in scale) and a ride similar to spiderman or pirates in shanghai that exits into a world of monsters where they could have a restaurant, show, a kid's flat ride or maze, and ( in my dreams) a Dracula castle themed hotel. There would be a building ( not sure the theme of the front) that would allow you to choose 2-3 different routes.

With the help of actors and effects, you walk through 1 of the beginnings of 2-3 monsters, maybe the mad doctor of market street, the wolf man, the mummy, or the invisible man. This is more of an amazing queue. This leads to a line where the theme is a swamp where all the monsters are meeting for a plot by Dracula to take over the world. We meet Van Helsing who we follow to Dracula's island ( a play on the movie of the island of horrors). In the ride we are immersed into several areas of each of the monsters with a goal of acquiring something to send the monsters into another realm.

Well humanity is saved by van helsing with our help, but not before we get sucked into the realm as well. We then exit into the world of monsters. I wish for a presence or decor of the taratantula and the mole people as well as the other monsters. Of course, they would have to have entrances to the world without having to do the ride, but I think this would be a very different and not done approach to a themed land.

I know this is impossible and I;m asking for too much but I would just move to Orlando and never leave if something like this would be built. All my money would go to Universal. Yes, this was greatly inspired by one of my favorite 80s movies, The Monster Squad.

Reactions: belloq87
Status
Not open for further replies.