Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Springfield Expansion

So considering the events going on in Malaysia, one has to ask..could Disney and Fox try to pull from the contract in-place with Universal (in regards to Simpsons)? Or is it set and can't be backed out until the date?

Didn't realize there was a contract "forcing" Simpsons to be there - any idea how long it goes out?

I had heard the contract ends sometime in the 2020s. Maybe 2028 if they signed a 20 year contract?

Dang. I know Springfield is still a popular area with a lot of guests, but I would think there would be better options that are more relevant today. This is coming from someone who never liked Simpsons though, so I am not the target audience there.

I really can't see Disney being interested in having The Simpsons in the parks, even EPCOT where they like to stick anything there (did the Simpsons ever visit EPCOT!!)

I really can't see Disney being interested in having The Simpsons in the parks, even EPCOT where they like to stick anything there (did the Simpsons ever visit EPCOT!!)

I'm sure they'll be happy with the cut from merchandising of everything sold at Springfield, just like I am sure they are at least satisfied with MSHI merch.

Finally got to try Bumblebee man’s Tacos. They were so good. I hated paying for the little bit of cheese sauce but other than that I really liked the place. Wish I could’ve gotten 1 more taco for that price but it’s a theme park so expected to pay more. Defintely getting the chicken nachos next time.

Will never go back to the food court again. The food was cold. Last time I went back in 14 or 15 and ate there the food was cold too. I’m glad I only got the kids meal to fit in my tacos.
I think there’s better options at the studios.

We didn’t ride the Simpsons or Shrek. We all agreed to skip them and do Transformers again. Along with Shrek, Universal could update the films.

I think it would be great if Universal added a new dark ride where MIB is ( once its gone) themed to the nuclear power plant. They should also add the Simpons house for meet and greets. The house could be interactive like mickeys house in toontown.
Doing a Toontown-style Simpson’s House would be amazing. And nothing like anything else in the resort.

I personally hope they tear down the Simpsons Ride and replace it with a Nuclear Power Plant dark ride.

I think it would be great if Universal added a new dark ride where MIB is ( once its gone) themed to the nuclear power plant. They should also add the Simpons house for meet and greets. The house could be interactive like mickeys house in toontown.
Simpsons=Fox=Disney
I don't expect an expansion, I don't even think the show will be around for long because Matt Groening isn't a fan of Disney and ripped multiple times on the mouse and it's theme parks in the show.
I expect the whole area is expansion/replacement lot for future projects when Universal's new theme park is done.

I wonder if Disney might try to use the Simpsons as a bargaining chip to get the Marvel theme park rights for WDW. I can't see Disney wanting to use the Simpsons in the parks but they definitely want to use Marvel.

I wonder if Disney might try to use the Simpsons as a bargaining chip to get the Marvel theme park rights for WDW. I can't see Disney wanting to use the Simpsons in the parks but they definitely want to use Marvel.

The Simpsons is not as valuable as Marvel. From a business stand point, it makes no sense to give Disney Marvel.

The only thing I could see happen is Uni allowing Disney to use the name Marvel, in return to keep the Simpsons.

If it came down to it, Universal would flatten Simpsons tomorrow before giving up Marvel. It's just not even close to an even trade.

Simpsons=Fox=Disney
I don't expect an expansion, I don't even think the show will be around for long because Matt Groening isn't a fan of Disney and ripped multiple times on the mouse and it's theme parks in the show.
I expect the whole area is expansion/replacement lot for future projects when Universal's new theme park is done.

To be fair MG didn't like Fox and ripped on them a bunch too.

If it came down to it, Universal would flatten Simpsons tomorrow before giving up Marvel. It's just not even close to an even trade.

Maybe not Simpson's alone but possibly part of a package deal if Disney wanted to spin off several things that didn't fit the direction they want to go. Not saying it'll happen but I was surprised how easily they let go of Oswald, though this is a completely different ballgame.