Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

You already had it! lol

giphy.gif

;) :tease:

It has been..a hell of a day.

Honestly, I am still processing the possible aspect of Microsoft having their games pop up on Nintendo on larger scale..

giphy.gif

;) :tease:

It has been..a hell of a day.

Honestly, I am still processing the possible aspect of Microsoft having their games pop up on Nintendo on larger scale..

Honest question: Is Xbox Game Pass like Playstation Now (streaming) or a rental service (like Apple Music or Spotify, it plays on the local system)?

Honest question: Is Xbox Game Pass like Playstation Now (streaming) or a rental service (like Apple Music or Spotify, it plays on the local system)?
You actually download the games with Game Pass. Idk how it’s supposed to work on Switch because of that fact.

It's where you can download the games onto your console. But I would presume, Game Pass would for the Switch; work on xCloud.

Nintendo and various JP companies have tested streaming in the East, particularly Capcom. But I would think that xCloud would be the first major step for other major third parties to pop in for Nintendo Switch.

I wouldn't pay too much to the Theme Park Question..however, I am interested to see why they're asking in regards to the subject of other platforms outside of Nintendo.

Either way..things are getting interesting. And if anything, I'm watching how people are datamining Smash right now, to see if anything correlates with a potential rumor from the past few months.

Just bringing this up for the point of speculation (I don't think it will actually happen) but imagine if Nintendo and Microsoft joined together for a generation. It would be insanity.

EDIT: Just found this on Resetera, from jeuxvideo. Holy crap.

What a day for jeuxvideo.com ! Alongside the specs leaks on Scarlett, jeuxvideo.com reveals the result of an investigation ( over 2 months ) into the upcoming Nintendo and Microsoft partnership. They reveal the following details :

- Nintendo and Microsoft had several meetings in Redmond regarding their upcoming partnership

- They confirm Ori and the Blind Forest will come on the Swith, but Cuphead as well

- More than 100 Xbox games will be available on Switch via Gamepass and/or X Cloud ( before the end of the year )

- Rare games could also come to the Switch. No details, but jeuxvideo.com believes Rare Replay could be a good candidate.

- No mention of Scalebound during their investigation

- Their sources refuses to say if Nintendo games could en up on Microsoft platforms

- A High profile Microsoft franchise ( Halo, Forza or Gears ) could come on the Nintendo Switch. However, they don’t know in what capacity ( 360 port ? Xbox One game ? ). This is still under discussion between Microsoft and Nintendo.

EDIT : just to be clear the High profile Microsoft games - Halo, Gears or Forza - coming to the Switch is not confirmed, so that part is still a rumor.

so here is a recap :

Confirmed by jeuxvideo.com : meetings between Nintendo and Microsoft, Ori and the Blind Forest, Cuphead, Gamepass and X Cloud coming to the Switch

Rumors : Halo, Forza or Gears and Rare games coming to the Switch

Source : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/10065...cient-des-jeux-xbox-debarquent-sur-switch.htm

Last edited:
There's almost 0 chance Nintendo will allow their games on Xbox tho. Microsoft has a reason to expand GamePass, Nintendo doesn't have a reason for the reverse.
Ports are easy though. Ports of huge exclusives are easy money. There is an argument for Nintendo to move something.

I agree it's incredibly unlikely though.

Ports are easy though. Ports of huge exclusives are easy money. There is an argument for Nintendo to move something.

I agree it's incredibly unlikely though.

Maybe if Nintendo was struggling. But they're not. Switch is selling better than PS4 or Xbone at the same timeframe.

Damn, you just described my personal heaven.

The Halo people making Metroid would be hell tho