Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I'd assume on the ride itself. After all, they did confirm the Storm trooper AAs in the queue.

Which, would be on par with PoTC from Shanghai in new AAs.

So in theory, it's Finn and Kylo to have a full-body AA, for one scene each.
But they did add that it appears the Stormtroopers will just have very limited (robot like) movement, if any.

They will more than likely be mechanical figures that just turn their head or move an arm slightly.
:thumbsup:yes, that's what I meant by robots.......and to add..I was just reading an article on Touring Plans and they said part of the ride time includes time spent 'walking'. So it will be interesting to see how much time is actually spent in the ride vehicles ( if that's accurate).

Last edited:
I'm thinking there's going to be one or two 'real long' stops in front of a screen ,simulator style, and a number of shorter screen stops.

I really hope not.

In one of the various write-ups around the internet (I've read so many this morning that I can't remember exactly which!), an Imagineer is quoted being asked about screens, specifically in relation to ROTR, and the response was essentially, "We know people want to see things that are tangibly, really in front of them."

I really hope not.

In one of the various write-ups around the internet (I've read so many this morning that I can't remember exactly which!), an Imagineer is quoted being asked about screens, specifically in relation to ROTR, and the response was essentially, "We know people want to see things that are tangibly, really in front of them."
It's kind of funny. After last night, and all the various reports we're seeing, some that seem to refute others, it seems like we know less about what this ride is really like then we previously presumed .

It's kind of funny. After last night, and all the various reports we're seeing, some that seem to refute others, it seems like we know less about what this ride is really like then we previously presumed .

I have noticed many of the write-ups contradict each other. Mostly in small-ish ways, but still... it's interesting.

I'd assume on the ride itself. After all, they did confirm the Storm trooper AAs in the queue.

Which, would be on par with PoTC from Shanghai in new AAs.

So in theory, it's Finn and Kylo to have a full-body AA, for one scene each.

They just said those 2 characters have AAs. Sorta like FEA has Olaf. But, what, 4 of him? I suspect one Hux and 2 or 3 Kylo.

Gee I recall being bashed when I said the whole 100 AAs was so ridiculous. Seems Disney felt they needed to throw out a big spoiler to kill off some crazy Diznoidiness around the ride.

They also did some stealth walking back of the ridiculous "fly the Falcon" rumors, but that's for another thread.

An unscientific, but interesting, take on attraction interest....ROR has 26 pages of comments on IU, Smugglers Run has 3 pages of comments.....At least with us hardcore fans, ROR probably has the most anticipation. But I'd guess Smuggler's Run, with the Falcon, will be number one with the GP when it comes time to try for a fastpass..........

An unscientific, but interesting, take on attraction interest....ROR has 26 pages of comments on IU, Smugglers Run has 3 pages of comments.....At least with us hardcore fans, ROR probably has the most anticipation. But I'd guess Smuggler's Run, with the Falcon, will be number one with the GP when it comes time to try for a fastpass..........

Agreed. Regardless if SR is ST 3.0 or 4.0, it's still a dreaded Universal Screenz ride. RotR COULD be Disney's long overdue return to form as a true world class dark ride maker in the US.

And folks won't be fighting over seats in RotR.

Agreed. Regardless if SR is ST 3.0 or 4.0, it's still a dreaded Universal Screenz ride. RotR COULD be Disney's long overdue return to form as a true world class dark ride maker in the US.

And folks won't be fighting over seats in RotR.
I think you misunderstand the whole screenz debate. People have a gripe about them because there's very little diversity in Universal attraction lineup lately besides motion simulators or screens. Disney has enough diversity that you shouldn't feel burnt out from the screen rides so them adding one I think is fine with most people right now at Disney. At Universal, there needs to be a shift away from screens, and luckily over the next few years we are getting that.

Both resorts have different strengths and weaknesses in their attraction lineups and they both need to figure out a way to round it out (and seem to be doing so).

I think you misunderstand the whole screenz debate. People have a gripe about them because there's very little diversity in Universal attraction lineup lately besides motion simulators or screens. Disney has enough diversity that you shouldn't feel burnt out from the screen rides so them adding one I think is fine with most people right now at Disney. At Universal, there needs to be a shift away from screens, and luckily over the next few years we are getting that.

Both resorts have different strengths and weaknesses in their attraction lineups and they both need to figure out a way to round it out (and seem to be doing so).

Precisely. No one has issue with well done rides that utilize projections/screens...

They take issue when you go to the parks and you have: Spider-Man, Kong, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, Minions, Shrek, Fallon, F&F, Transformers, Simpson’s... did I miss any?

That’s a lot of attractions that are all screens or utilize screens in an important way. I mean the majority of the attractions in the studios park are screen based...

That's simply not true. Disney rides using screens lately: Mystic Manor heavily used projection mapping for a new way to do things, leading to its amazing reviews. Ratatouille is all screens. FoP is one screen. NRJ uses multiple screens and mapping. smugglers Run is all screen. Rise of the Resistance will likely have lots of screens, and Disney has already said only 2 characters as AAs. Pirates Shanghai uses screens big time.

People attack Universal for essentially 2 rides, FatF and Kong, which has a huge AA at the end. And both feature physical sets, not just park you in front of a screen. Then Fallon, which is just a screen.

But all 3 of these rides were capacity additions, not marquee rides, and Universal didn't try to say they were major additions.. Disney haven't put in marquee rides in decades.

Gringotts is screen heavy, and if it's counted as just screens, GotG may possibly fall in the same boat. Gringotts has lots of high end AAs, full on sets, and a unique ride system. But many just call it screens. Then say FoP is a breathtaking experience

What's worse, building no big rides, or building some mediocre big rides to give new experiences and capacity?

That's simply not true. Disney rides using screens lately: Mystic Manor heavily used projection mapping for a new way to do things, leading to its amazing reviews. Ratatouille is all screens. FoP is one screen. NRJ uses multiple screens and mapping. smugglers Run is all screen. Rise of the Resistance will likely have lots of screens, and Disney has already said only 2 characters as AAs. Pirates Shanghai uses screens big time.

Mystic Manor is in no way a "screens" ride. You're never just sitting in front of a screen simulating motion, and it's PACKED with physical sets, props, figures, and AAs. You're also listing off attractions from multiple parks on multiple continents -- the complaints some of us have about Universal are pretty specifically about one park and the variety of experiences offered therein.

I also don't believe Disney has said anything about only 2 AAs in Rise of the Resistance. That number came from Robert Niles, who is certainly not infallible, and it contradicts what we've heard from others.

Gringotts is screen heavy, and if it's counted as just screens, GotG may possibly fall in the same boat. Gringotts has lots of high end AAs, full on sets, and a unique ride system. But many just call it screens. Then say FoP is a breathtaking experience

HUGE difference between these two. Gringotts is in a park full of screens-based dark ride hybrids and pure simulators. FOP is the only ride of that ilk in Animal Kingdom.

Mystic Manor is in no way a "screens" ride. You're never just sitting in front of a screen simulating motion, and it's PACKED with physical sets, props, figures, and AAs. You're also listing off attractions from multiple parks on multiple continents -- the complaints some of us have about Universal are pretty specifically about one park and the variety of experiences offered therein.

I also don't believe Disney has said anything about only 2 AAs in Rise of the Resistance. That number came from Robert Niles, who is certainly not infallible, and it contradicts what we've heard from others.

HUGE difference between these two. Gringotts is in a park full of screens-based dark ride hybrids and pure simulators. FOP is the only ride of that ilk in Animal Kingdom.

Precisely! The Disney parks are utilizing screen technology, but it’s far more spread out.

USF has 14 attractions, 8 of which are screen based or rely heavily on screens. That’s the issue that needs to be corrected.