Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 500 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping their will be interest of bringing a ready player one ride to Universal something similar to like the Play Pavilion coming to Epcot that could really be a hugh hit if Universal did something similar to RPO at UO. Back to the future would’ve been a better choice since it is more popular IP than RPO. It would be weird seeing a deloreon styled car at Universal from another franchise like RPO. All
Of you guys are confirming BTTF won’t show up at the fourth gate but it is somehow weird at the same time it was on the top of the list as most anticipated movies that want to be rebooted. We see the deloreon cars in commercials too especially the one that appeared in the super bowl commercial if you guys saw it.

I’m hoping their will be interest of bringing a ready player one ride to Universal something similar to like the Play Pavilion coming to Epcot that could really be a hugh hit if Universal did something similar to RPO at UO. Back to the future would’ve been a better choice since it is more popular IP than RPO. It would be weird seeing a deloreon styled car at Universal from another franchise like RPO. All
Of you guys are confirming BTTF won’t show up at the fourth gate but it is somehow weird at the same time it was on the top of the list as most anticipated movies that want to be rebooted. We see the deloreon cars in commercials too especially the one that appeared in the super bowl commercial if you guys saw it.

What's wrong with people?

Just to keep it out of this thread from now on, if there was to be any new Back to the Future attractions at the parks, which there are no plans of currently, it would be at Universal Studios Florida. That's the park that still has the Doc Brown walkaround character, the screen used vehicles on display, and they play the iconic theme song in Production Central. If anything new was to come, it would be there, not at the new park.

I think this park will have only rides inside it based on the world it’s in. Don’t see RPO going anywhere.

I don't see it happening. It's been noted throughout this thread many times that RPO heavily disappointed at the Box Office and it won't see a sequel.

Chances of it getting an attraction and/or land are about as close to zero as you can get IMO.

Question what would a mini home land look around a Classic Monsters World for invisible man and creature from the black lagoon they don’t have a castle. bTW the president dennis spiegel predicted that universal/Comcast should announce a new theme park within 18 months this goes back to an article posted in October 2017 so counting those months from then April I guess they are saying we should hear about a new theme park. Seems a little early but that’s what the CEO Of Comcast which I believe that’s his position when another park will be announced officially.

Universal snaps up more land for potential theme park expansion

Scroll down it’s talks about what he said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disneyhead
When Dennis says “1 billion dollars” surely he’s talking about infrastructure, right? Beijing will cost almost 6B.

Question what would a mini home land look around a Classic Monsters World for invisible man and creature from the black lagoon they don’t have a castle. bTW the president dennis spiegel predicted that universal/Comcast should announce a new theme park within 18 months this goes back to an article posted in October 2017 so counting those months from then April I guess they are saying we should hear about a new theme park. Seems a little early but that’s what the CEO Of Comcast which I believe that’s his position when another park will be announced officially.

Universal snaps up more land for potential theme park expansion

Scroll down it’s talks about what he said.

Reactions: truejonas
I wonder how much R&D is going into the new park. I know Uni has some patents it has never used before so FW would be the perfect place to test them out.

Last edited:
So I've been pondering the Fantastic Beasts land, and how more and more it sounds like a bad idea. While I think there can be good rides based off of it, I still don't think the overall world or saga connects with people. I think a ride through Newt's suitcase could still do gangbusters. But what do people love most about Potter? The school. Send them back to the school. So if I was building a Potter land for FW, I would build...

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Across the Pond
  • Subland A: Wizarding New York
    • This land would be the "Fantastic Beasts" portion of the experience. It would be themed similar to the first Fantastic Beasts film. Jacob's bakery would be here, as well as the Wizard Speakeasy bar. The main ride would be a ride based around Newt trying to get his case back from the MCUSA. We'd tour MCUSA in the queue before jumping in a ride vehicle. We'd tour some more of the restricted wings of MCUSA in search of the case, before escaping with it. The ride ends with a tour through the case.
  • Subland B: Ilvermorny School
    • In the forests of New England, a granite castle stands. This is Ilvermorny, the American School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here we would have a small village around the school featuring American Wizarding Goods and the like. In the woods, a small walkthrough attraction featuring American Magical Creatures would take place. The school's "great hall" would be the land's main restaurant. The main ride would be a thrilling dark ride through the school during a Death Eater attack. Why would Death Eaters be attacking Ilvermorny? Well because that's where Salazar Slytherin's wand is buried!
I realize this won't happen, but I think it could be the best of both worlds. Still features FB stuff as I'm sure WB wants that to be featured, but also gives half of the world a more "original" feel, and features a location we'd probably never see otherwise.

So I've been pondering the Fantastic Beasts land, and how more and more it sounds like a bad idea. While I think there can be good rides based off of it, I still don't think the overall world or saga connects with people. I think a ride through Newt's suitcase could still do gangbusters. But what do people love most about Potter? The school. Send them back to the school. So if I was building a Potter land for FW, I would build...

• This land would be the "Fantastic Beasts" portion of the experience. It would be themed similar to the first Fantastic Beasts film. Jacob's bakery would be here, as well as the Wizard Speakeasy bar. The main ride would be a ride based around Newt trying to get his case back from the MCUSA. We'd tour MCUSA in the queue before jumping in a ride vehicle. We'd tour some more of the restricted wings of MCUSA in search of the case, before escaping with it. The ride ends with a tour through the case.
    • In the forests of New England, a granite castle stands. This is Ilvermorny, the American School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here we would have a small village around the school featuring American Wizarding Goods and the like. In the woods, a small walkthrough attraction featuring American Magical Creatures would take place. The school's "great hall" would be the land's main restaurant. The main ride would be a thrilling dark ride through the school during a Death Eater attack. Why would Death Eaters be attacking Ilvermorny? Well because that's where Salazar Slytherin's wand is buried!
I realize this won't happen, but I think it could be the best of both worlds. Still features FB stuff as I'm sure WB wants that to be featured, but also gives half of the world a more "original" feel, and features a location we'd probably never see otherwise.

Tweak your MCUSA idea so it involves Floo-ing or Portkey-ing into the London MOM for some of the ride and I'm on board with all of the rest of this.

I know originally JK Rowling personally hyped that the schools around the world would be a big part of Fantastic Beasts which didn't exactly show in the movies. However, I think UC doing another version of NYC would be so reductive when they are so many environments and other schools/countries they could do and we haven't seen UC create products off of such as the school in Brazil which is hidden completely in a rainforest surrounding by unique and crazy creatures (Castelobruxo), Uagadou, the school in Africa hidden in a mountain which the main big thing is they do magic without wands and all can shape shift, Mahouotokoro with their color changing robes based on skill level and their high level quidditch due to the fact the school is on a freaking storm cloud. etc. There are so many more stories that would provide something so new that I don't think HP NY would even really do.

Also a big reason I'm for other locations is because if you read up on Ilvermorny, the school is really boring compared to the others. There is nothing that makes it really special outside of being the American school

Reactions: HPFred
Status
Not open for further replies.