1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Universal' started by OrlandoGuy, Dec 13, 2015.

1. OrlLover

OrlLover Rookie

Your right and maybe I’m being extremely biased about FB. But I guess we will have to see how big its presence is at the new park if it comes.

2. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

I will be *shocked* if there is not a significant Potter presence in the new park

HPFred, truejonas, fryoj and 2 others like this.
  3. OrlLover

OrlLover Rookie

Your probably right but I still don’t get the draw ??? Yes Newt is an interesting character but he is no Harry.

Coolbfitz and JoeCamel like this.
  4. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Potter yes but I’m having doubts on it being Fantastic Beasts (with characters and that time period) focused.

natespf and Mad Dog like this.
  5. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Potter World, no doubt. But it could be anything. It doesn't necessarily have to be Beasts.

alias8703 likes this.
  6. JungleSkip

Maybe, but with WB already seemingly not thrilled with the park's name, I'm willing to bet they're going to want to promote their movies

7. ThrillRideLover3214

ThrillRideLover3214 Rookie

If FB does not come to the new park then WB May have won the case over Universal to not use Fantastic Worlds as it’s new 4th park name. When will this case be officially settled anyway once and for all? I mean us knowing FW will not be in the running for a new choice at all? I guess they are trying to keep this case secret because I try searching online and try finding an update that this matter and I have had no luck so it must be serious. How do we know if the document Alicia shared is 100% accurate? I mean by looking at the pics from the doc it looks 100% real to me. They name Dennis Spiegel a theme park expert according to the link I posted in my previous post. I’m not saying you guys aren’t experts because you are too. But again counting from October 2017 which that document was released I mean I doubt it but when he says within 18 months that could be this month I mean we did hear the name Fantastic Worlds. So that’s a start. But the official park name? Come April 2019 we have gotten to our 18th month counting from Oct 2017 so is that when the big big news will come?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Edd1112 likes this.
  8. alias8703

alias8703 Rookie

aaaaaaaaaaand boner.

9. ThrillRideLover3214

ThrillRideLover3214 Rookie

Not to mention it would be kind of strange if Dennis speigel is correct about his thoughts about an announcement of a new park in 18 months that we indeed here a new name for the park before Bourne opens and before The JP coaster comes along with a possible future update to the land.

10. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

Yeah, I can't imagine a scenario where they don't have the most popular drink in theme park history in the new park, so there has to be some sort of wizarding area.

The Paris scenes from the new movie seemed to be very fitting for a theme park environment. The Circus Arcanus would make a great Carkitt Market type area. The Paris MOM would be a great queue scene leading to a ride involving the moving cabinets.

Of course Kowalski's is a no brainer for a food and beverage location, but thats NY. They could do the Newt's case ride based there as well.

Now does FB's popularity or lack thereof justify a presence in the new park, let alone two (mini?) lands? Thats another question completely.

11. soilsigh

soilsigh Newcomer

Just would like to note that the FB series is not done. Although I wasn't really a fan of either of the first two movies, there is a whole world they are developing in the films. With the last one not set to be released til 2025 maybe 2024, there will be multiple lands they would have shown in the five films by the time this new park will be open. Besides, its a World of Magic, with creatures that could be the best animatronics ever made, multiple lands in several countries, and in a background of three decades and war. They don't need Potter to sale this land. They just need magic. Potter brought the crowds, but it was the immersion and interactivity that made non-Harry potter fans enjoy the land, leaving satisfied. SNW will bring in the customers for this new park and they will be able to experience this world of magic as a bonus. I honestly think that this land and the monsters land could possibly be the best lands, not because they will be better than the others, but because they are going to surprise everyone.

12. Dhdhddh

Dhdhddh Rookie

I’m willing to bet the world will be like Pandora, in that even if the movies aren’t that beloved or critically acclaimed, the land should be able to justify its existence on its own.

Because the Wizarding World, Potter or not, it will always be Universal’s biggest draw, as it’s the franchise that made the resort what it is today.

HPFred, alias8703 and truejonas like this.
  13. truejonas

truejonas Member

Oh, Potter most definitely turned Universal around. I have a good feeling that Nintendo will be a larger draw, though - as popular as Potter is, I think Nintendo may still have him beat.

Dhdhddh likes this.
  14. JungleSkip

Nintendo will be huge, but I don't think it will match Potter. Potter was a perfect storm

15. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

16. SOCAL110

SOCAL110 Member

Who knows...Maybe Universal will catch lightning twice.

17. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

It's like SWGE, it'll be huge but when you're talking about the law of diminishing returns everything can't be orders of magnitude bigger than the last thing.

truejonas, Dhdhddh and JoeCamel like this.
  18. JungleSkip

I think, quality-wise, Nintendo will be Potter's equal. I just don't think there's the rabid desire behind a Nintendoland like there was for a Potterland at the height of Potter's popularity. I hope for Universal that it's there, but either way I think it's going to be huge.

HPFred, alias8703, fryoj and 4 others like this.
  19. Happytycho

Happytycho Rookie

A few weeks ago I had an idea that they could build a mini-land around the rumored ministry attraction on the back side of the hub where it could take the place of a traditional park icon.

I really doubt how much demand there is for a large FB world, even just going by how much Nintendo gets discussed on this site versus FB.

20. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I honestly wouldn't mind an original Wizarding World land that explores some of the other schools around the world...Perhaps it's too exclusive, but who knows, could be cool