Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (USH)

Sounds like a good show! How windy was it that they couldn’t use the drones AND fire? How did the fog work in the wind? I’m scared Saturday night won’t be the full experience.

It was VERY windy. This will not happen that often. The fog looked fantastic in the wind. If you look closely at the FJ extended queue fence, you can see where the fog comes out. It looks like a very intense water mister. They light up the mist with these special lights and it looks great.

This is Universals best night time offering yet.

Knowing that watching is different from seeing it in person, but..

giphy.gif

Seeing the video for me, its the best castle show but shame they couldn't bring into it, the Death Eater's attack from USJ with live actors. I think that would've helped pushed it over from great to phenomenal and ground breaking.

Niles (TPI) said they didn't do the drones and some other effects because of high winds again last night. He said they showed a partial drone test before the actual show began.

The drones were working? They were in Attractions' video of it at least

They got hold of promotional material, which included the Drones.

I think those and potentially Pyro (as they were testing them in the past few weeks) were the two that had to be cut from last nights show, but there wasn't an issue on fire.

While visually spectacular, it seems kinda meh overall. Not much of a storyline that makes sense. At the beginning it's like ok here's some spiders. Oh and here's some dragons. and now some trolls. No rhyme or reason to it. Then later we have Voldemort and death eaters, but then Dumbledore runs them off with harry's patronus? That's not really what a patronus does.

Granted this is one viewing, of the initial show, on a cell phone video, with some of the effects missing. I'm sure live it's a great show to experience. I'd probably go watch it every night if I was there. Just seems that it's lacking in story.