Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 277 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally, my guess is that the next announcement will be a scarezone. Looking back at 2018, the fourth announcement (after 3 houses) was a scare zone announcement. This was on June 7th but things seem to be happening at least a week earlier due to the event happening a week earlier. So due to my logic, I'm guessing we will get a scarezone announcement in mid to late may. I'm guessing maybe the 14th-25th? That's a really weird time period but hey. That's my guess.

Honestly Ghostbusters is probably my most anticipated house! Ever since a kid I have loved that movie and the idea of living it sounds incredible!
I'm sooooo looking forward to Ghostbusters! Want it to only concentrate on the 1st movie. The 2nd was bad, did not like the re-make, even though my kids did for some reason, may have to do with Kevin (Thor) LOL! Include Elements of all is OK, just PLEASE be mostly Venkman!

Personally, my guess is that the next announcement will be a scarezone. Looking back at 2018, the fourth announcement (after 3 houses) was a scare zone announcement. This was on June 7th but things seem to be happening at least a week earlier due to the event happening a week earlier. So due to my logic, I'm guessing we will get a scarezone announcement in mid to late may. I'm guessing maybe the 14th-25th? That's a really weird time period but hey. That's my guess.
I'm betting on a Scarezone for the next announcement myself, or half of the scarezones as they seem to announce them in groups.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm betting on a Scarezone for the next announcement myself, or half of the scarezones as they seem to announce them in groups.
I could see them announcing the originals OR maybe announcing each one separately? I doubt the latter, but! Last year they announced all the originals at once. So maybe we will get those!

Ghostbusters seems like it’d be a big IP house for this year, so when do we think they’ll announce it if it is actually happening? When was Poltergeist announced last year?
IIRC i believe poltergeist was announced really late last year around like july or august.

Ghostbusters seems like it’d be a big IP house for this year, so when do we think they’ll announce it if it is actually happening? When was Poltergeist announced last year?
I know it was the seventh house announced. Just for future reference, it went- Stranger Things, Dead Exposure, Trick r Treat, original SZs+AoV, Slaughter Sinema, ip SZs, Carnival Graveyard, Seeds of Extinction, Poltergeist, Halloween 4, Blumhouse, Scary Tales

Last edited:
I know it was the seventh house announced. Just for future reference, it went- Stranger Things, Dead Exposure, Trick r Treat, original SZs, Slaughter Sinema, ip SZs+AOV, Carnival Graveyard, Seeds of Extinction, Poltergeist, Halloween 4, Blumhouse, Scary Tales

Based off that that could mean:

So Far: Stranger Things, Nightingales, Universal Monsters

Possibly Next: Original SZs, Yeti or Klowns, IP zones, Tooth Fairy, Depths of Fear, Ghostbusters, House of 1000 Corpses, Yeti or Klowns

Poltergeist was announced mid-August, literally the day after Hollywood's site went live.. It was heavily rumored to be announced at the Midsummer Scream 2018 HHN panel until last minute issues caused them to scrap the announcement and rework the panel to be about the behind the scenes process..

May 27th is Killer Klowns’ 31st anniversary if that means anything, although Legacy said the announcement is before that(meaning it’s likely the zones).

Anyone got any guesses for the IP zones? I’d love to see Resident Evil brought back due to the success of RE2 but it hasn’t been brought up once; Silent Hill would be another good one to bring back and put in New York. If the tradition of a cult IP scarezone comes back I’d love to see Sleepaway Camp or Creepshow(although that one seems more likely for a house) put into Central Park

Reactions: Kadath
Poltergeist was announced mid-August, literally the day after Hollywood's site went live.. It was heavily rumored to be announced at the Midsummer Scream 2018 HHN panel until last minute issues caused them to scrap the announcement and rework the panel to be about the behind the scenes process..
Mid-summer Scream 2018 was at July 30th, so if those rumors were true, we should be expecting an announcment on the 30th of July or whenever the next mid-summer scream is.

Reactions: Horror Lover
May 27th is Killer Klowns’ 31st anniversary if that means anything, although Legacy said the announcement is before that(meaning it’s likely the zones).

Anyone got any guesses for the IP zones? I’d love to see Resident Evil brought back due to the success of RE2 but it hasn’t been brought up once; Silent Hill would be another good one to bring back and put in New York. If the tradition of a cult IP scarezone comes back I’d love to see Sleepaway Camp or Creepshow(although that one seems more likely for a house) put into Central Park
I was watching Terminator Salvation, and the scene with the T-600 in LA made me imagine of a Terminator scarezone. Yes its not horror, but theres just something in it that actually works. I can picture a T-600's, T-800's, and the T-1000 walking around, in a post apocalyptic area, with lights coming from the HK ships, and lasers being fired, with pyro used, and the Terminator 1 theme being played That is my dream scarezone or maze.

It’s so odd how quickly Ghostbusters went from rumor/possibility to a “done deal” in everyone’s mind.

If Poltergeist can make a good house, I have no doubt in any IP this team chooses to explore.

Reactions: Kadath
An entirely random and irrelevant thought occurred to me this morning.
The originals this year all correspond to a particular classic monster:

Yeti - Wolfman (Both hairy creatures that hide out in the woods)
Depths of Fear - The Creature (This one is obvious)
Graveyard - Franky (Made from parts dug up from a graveyard)
Tooth fairy - Dracula (His distinguishing feature is his teeth)
Nightingales - Dracula again? (I don't care for this one, so if anyone has a better suggestion let me know! Not up on the lore of the 'Gales)

I do not believe it means anything, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:
An entirely random and irrelevant thought occurred to me this morning.
The originals this year all correspond to a particular classic monster:

Yeti - Wolfman (Both hairy creatures that hide out in the woods)
Depths of Fear - The Creature (This one is obvious)
Graveyard - Franky (Made from parts dug up from a graveyard)
Tooth fairy - Dracula (His distinguishing feature is his teeth)
Nightingales - Dracula again? (I don't care for this one, so if anyone has a better suggestion let me know! Not up on the lore of the 'Gales)

I do not believe it means anything, but interesting nonetheless.
You can do that every year.

*waits for @mystiquephreeq to talk the Legions*