Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

I think a lot of people will do that. Disney Transportation is free to everyone and I'm sure there will be a big rush to ride the Skyliner when it opens.

This would easily cost $3-5 one way at a county fair and wouldn't even be as long or scenic as this. I could see myself spending a few hours to ride the entire circuit in both directions.

This would easily cost $3-5 one way at a county fair and wouldn't even be as long or scenic as this. I could see myself spending a few hours to ride the entire circuit in both directions.
Yes. It's kind of a 'slightly' higher tech throwback to the rides most decent sized parks had in the past, including Disney. BGW still has theirs and a short version is at Cedar Point. To me, this is an attraction in itself. I'm looking forward to it.

"Scenic" is not how I would describe this. Most of it is over parking lots and through (former) wooded areas that were stripped bare for construction.

Reedy Creek firefighters claim they need more firefighters but Disney won’t allow it.

“Each shift only has two more firefighters than it did back in the '80s despite tremendous growth at Disney during the last four decades.”

The only issue with that is that you have to get off and get back on with almost every station besides Riveria.

The only issue with that is that you have to get off and get back on with almost every station besides Riveria.
I still expect the line to move fairly quickly - 5 minutes or less most of the time - so I don't see it being that big of an inconvenience.

Will the skylines be “resort guests only”? I could see a magic band with a hotel reservation on it. Being required. Maybe even proof of a ticket to a park to get to the DHS?

Will the skylines be “resort guests only”? I could see a magic band with a hotel reservation on it. Being required. Maybe even proof of a ticket to a park to get to the DHS?

Some people still buy their tickets at the gate, they wouldn’t ban people from riding if it meant they could make a buck, plus plenty of dining reservations can be made at resort hotels and boardwalk.

Some people still buy their tickets at the gate, they wouldn’t ban people from riding if it meant they could make a buck, plus plenty of dining reservations can be made at resort hotels and boardwalk.

Yeah. Thinking about it a little harder that wouldn’t make sense.