Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 316 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Happy death day was.... ok. Blum house makes great movies. I think we need a house that’s not the purge and that’s dedicated to one film. A Annabel house would be cool. Or maybe creative needs to think about a dark crystal type house. Ex: evil talking puppets. That would be terrifying. Have the puppets on a speaker and scareactor on a mic and operating the puppets. Custom scares every run through.

Annabelle is Warner Bros and under The Conjuring Universe.

Just a question but are spin offs off limits from WB to Universal? I can see why Conjuring 1,2, & 3 are off the table as they’re the main films but would the Annabelle franchise or The Nun be easier to get?

Annabelle is Warner Bros and under The Conjuring Universe.

Just a question but are spin offs off limits from WB to Universal? I can see why Conjuring 1,2, & 3 are off the table as they’re the main films but would the Annabelle franchise or The Nun be easier to get?

I'm presuming they'd all come together in one house at this point. If it ever happens.

On episode 4 of Sabrina season 2 and I hope it comes next year. Unlikely due to the WB property, but it would work very well at HHN.

Reactions: StrangeP
If they are going to add a drop tower I hope they add carnie games overrun by zombies around that area so it dosen't look that out of place.
I mean it'd be cool, as long as it sticks to how the zone should feel, I don't mind, sounds like a cool idea, they could do a lot with zone, I cannot wait to see what details they'll give us about it.

What are the chances of seeing Myers in the Rob Zombie scare zone? I was thinking about who/what might appear.
The witches from Lords of Salem.
The Firefly Family. They might want to keep them to the house though.
Werewolf Women? Probably need to drop the SS part.
Maybe Michael Myers. I don't know how the rights work on him though.

What are the chances of seeing Myers in the Rob Zombie scare zone? I was thinking about who/what might appear.

Probably not a chance since the remake is under Dimension Films. Also don’t forget Dragula and Living Dead Girl

I feel every character from each RZ film from House to El Superbeasto, Devils Rejects, Lords Of Salem and 31 and of course his music such as the big robot Phantom Creeps that has always been used on Zombie's stage also the devil character brings whenever he sings Never Gonna Stop, there are also the Dragula car making an appearance hopefully and The Living Dead Girl, so many things they could bring his films to the zone, everything but Michael Myers.

Probably not a chance since the remake is under Dimension Films. Also don’t forget Dragula and Living Dead Girl

I didn't want to go into the music side or the post would have been very long, but yes. Dozens of possibilities once you start including specific Songs.

Hopefully they include Superbeast as well.

I can't believe I forgot 31 for the film's. That's going to the top of my list for things I want to see. Loved the design of the Heads in that one.

Seeing Psycho-Head and Schizo-Head from 31 with their clown style chainsaws would make my night lol and most of all seeing Doomhead as well will pretty cool as well, swinging his dual switchblades at people.

rob-zombie-31-lew-temple-david-ury.jpg

0749a1361de5088895d4a050034ae47d.jpg

Reactions: Spaulding
Seeing Psycho-Head and Schizo-Head from 31 with their clown style chainsaws would make my night lol and most of all seeing Doomhead as well will pretty cool as well, swinging his dual switchblades at people.

rob-zombie-31-lew-temple-david-ury.jpg

0749a1361de5088895d4a050034ae47d.jpg

Don't forget Malcolm McDowell in a ridiculous wig. Hoping he shows up to oversee the '31' area.

malcom-mcdowell-31-father-murder.jpg

Reactions: Pedro Navarro
I think it’s time to share this info. Partly because, I think, Universal is past the point of no return on making a change of this scale. Partly because I’m anxious (and have been very anxious) to get it off my chest. Partly because I’ve started to get confirmation on the story.

But, mostly, I want to spill it because it’s a cautionary lesson. A big one. That lesson?

Leaks have consequences.

Several weeks ago, I posted these two things.
Welp...

I would just like to announce...

I don't know crap about this year...

giphy.gif

Okay, here's the sitch:

I have said from the very beginning that I was having to gather whispers and speculate far more than I have the last couple of years. Direct sources in Orlando are talking FAR less than in the past. Universal has tightened ship. Code names have been changed repeatedly. Even most of the rumors I'm hearing I am literally watching bounce between people in the echo chamber, which makes the true SOURCE of rumors impossible to identify. There's maybe less than 20 rumor mongers, and most of us know each other. One bit of bad info can spread quickly and become "confirmed" simply because two of your sources happen to be friends with the same different source. With Universal being more tight-lipped, it makes the echo chamber louder. I've been up front about this.

Now, I've already been partially wrong on the Rick and Morty clue (Stranger Things - which I was told would actually be TWO houses for seasons 1 and 2 that queued from a single line) and the original Bob's Burgers clue (Pumpkinhead). Truth be told, while I don't post a clue until I'm at least 75% confident on it, I haven't been more than 80% confident on anything I've "clued" this year. The only exception to that was The Cleveland Show (Nightingales - which I got confirmed very last minute).

That said, my best source has finally started talking to me. Not a rumormonger. It's someone whose knowledge about what is coming I trust completely (though it hasn't been 100% correct in the past). The info they gave me isn't matching up well with what I'm hearing everywhere else.

Now, that means my source could be wrong, the rumor mongers are right, and my concerns about "not knowing crap" are unnecessary.

But it could mean my source is right, the rumor mongers are wrong, and we've all been played.

It could be a bit of both.

The point is, right now, I don't know. And there's no way to find out without risking too much.

I think, sometimes, it's best to let things play out the way they're supposed to. 2019 might be one of those times.
There was a lot of hand-wringing about what it could mean. Immediate assumptions were that Universal lost Ghostbusters. That wasn’t an impossible guess. It was a guess that didn’t have all the information.

Ghostbusters is involved, but not the way people think.

My posts came about because I was told that an IP bigger than Stranger Things was going to show up, but if it got leaked, Universal would likely lose it. And it looks like Universal DID lose it, but not because that IP itself got leaked.

Universal lost the IP because GHOSTBUSTERS got leaked. The rights holders got skittish because, from their perspective, Universal can’t keep a lid on information. So, because of leaks, Universal lost what would have been their biggest get ever.

I suspected what the IP was then. I’ve gotten confirmation of what the IP was now. I’m sure you can guess it.

Because Ghostbusters got leaked, Universal lost the rights to

Game of Thrones

I think it’s time to share this info. Partly because, I think, Universal is past the point of no return on making a change of this scale. Partly because I’m anxious (and have been very anxious) to get it off my chest. Partly because I’ve started to get confirmation on the story.

But, mostly, I want to spill it because it’s a cautionary lesson. A big one. That lesson?

Leaks have consequences.

There was a lot of hand-wringing about what it could mean. Immediate assumptions were that Universal lost Ghostbusters. That wasn’t an impossible guess. It was a guess that didn’t have all the information.

My posts came about because I was told that an IP bigger than Stranger Things was going to show up, but if it got leaked, Universal would likely lose it. And it looks like Universal DID lose it, but not because that IP itself got leaked.

Universal lost the IP because GHOSTBUSTERS got leaked. The rights holders got skittish because, from their perspective, Universal can’t keep a lid on information. So, because of leaks, Universal lost what would have been their biggest get ever.

I suspected what the IP was then. I’ve gotten confirmation of what the IP was now. I’m sure you can guess it.

Game of Thrones
Well that is a major bummer.

Leaks have consequences.

Game of Thrones
Holy poop

Reactions: JMalez

Leaks have consequences.

Game of Thrones

I felt like it was going to be Ghostbusters that was gonna get pulled for some reason, as much as I wanted it to come to the event, it was too good to be true for it to still stick at the event, something was gonna happen sooner or later that would have cost it to be taken out of the event.

Leaks have consequences.

Game of Thrones
LOL HBO/GOT show runners complaining about leaks. The same show that was constantly leaked early along with scripts being released before the season even aired.

The question is now what original or ip is going to take it's place? It's going to feel like The Purge house with Scream stuff in it just changed up a bit.