Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Yea, I am too tall for gringotts my knees just wouldn’t let the restraint budge got all the way up to the station, very embarrassing
Even in the back row? Lots more room in back row of that ride. I’m nearly 6ft tall and my legs hurt in front row from squeezing in. But in the back row my feet dangle and don’t touch the floor. Since it’s stadium seating.

Are we sure that's just not what they had for TM previews? Hopefully they do have softs tomorrow, tho.

Yes, they had this sign up (back of house and in the queue) during TM previews. But who knows, maybe this could be a sign of things to happen soon for general guests......:) (This is a pure guess.)

Random thought/question, but with a potentially 5 hour line tomorrow, how does the locker situation work? They probably don't have locker space for that many people. So if you start queuing at the front gate or wherever, will they let you hop out of line at the ride entrance to go to lockers? Or is it just tough luck, go back to the end of the 5 hour line?

Someone who has ridden told me that if you can ride gringotts you can at least fit the motorcycle seat.

Random thought/question, but with a potentially 5 hour line tomorrow, how does the locker situation work? They probably don't have locker space for that many people. So if you start queuing at the front gate or wherever, will they let you hop out of line at the ride entrance to go to lockers? Or is it just tough luck, go back to the end of the 5 hour line?
If it's anything like Diagon's opening, it's tough luck. We're planning on going as light as possible with just ID/pass/credit card and our phones.

Line will likely route through one of two locker sections. Each has an entry on outside, and out door facing ride entrance.

I agree. From what I read on the UO AP page, it sounds like team members don't like asking guests to do this, and they try to ask in a non-direct way - for example, asking them if they have been on this ride before. They would rather not ask. But if/when they respectfully ask guests to sit in the test seats, it helps to avoid a possible situation later at load. It would be uncomfortable for a guest to get all the way to load and have difficulty getting into the ride vehicle. Then ride operations have be paused and whatnot, as you mentioned.
Years ago when I was technically working for Marquee Entertainment (seasonal) at UOR, I picked up a shift to work at HRRR and was placed by the test seat. It was extremely awkward having to size people up and then try and stop some of them to ask that they please check out the test seat just to be safe, but at the end of the day, nobody ever really took offense because I always explained to them in these terms: "I just don't want you to wait two hours to find out you can't ride". Many of them would be thankful that I stopped them to check because it gave them reassurance.

It is somewhat funny that signs like these actually apply to every theme park attraction everywhere 365 days a year, whether it is new or not.

I’m guessing when you buy tickets, some where in the small writing, there’s wording to that effect.

It’s one thing to have a soft opening, it’s another to show something in an advert that’s not possible.

I assume that Disney only shows the disco yeti now.

Banks Lee was able to fit on both seats, but said the Motorbike was more comfortable.

The one discomfort I've heard about the bikes is those with big feet. Limited space between the outside restraints and where your feet hang down.

Theme Park Insider posted a queue walkthrough on YouTube and I was expecting to see the Hargid x Arthur Weasley Musion pre-show?

Haven't seen the video, but they are the pre-show. However it's almost immediately after entering the inside queue. So the video may have begun after.