Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MSHI Expansion?

Did they lower the volume of the Hulk roar? I'm certain the roar was a lot louder when I was at the park last year. This week, it was just barely audible thru out MSHI. It was also barely noticable when we were in the launch tunnel.

Also, the onboard audio on my car was not working at all. So I again did not get to experience the ride with the soundtrack.

Did they lower the volume of the Hulk roar? I'm certain the roar was a lot louder when I was at the park last year. This week, it was just barely audible thru out MSHI. It was also barely noticable when we were in the launch tunnel.

Also, the onboard audio on my car was not working at all. So I again did not get to experience the ride with the soundtrack.
I haven’t had the onboard work for half my rides. They’re always blowing out and dying.

As for the roar, I’ll have to check on that on my next visit. Usually you can only really hear it from the Hulk courtyard area and bridge. The speaker is pointed towards the lockers, so the sound doesn’t travel all the way to Spider-Man... but yea, you should definitely hear it from the ride at least.

May be a computer issue because I remember it would periodically work during my last visit. It would work one time and then it wouldn't a fews hours later.

I haven’t had the onboard work for half my rides. They’re always blowing out and dying.

As for the roar, I’ll have to check on that on my next visit. Usually you can only really hear it from the Hulk courtyard area and bridge. The speaker is pointed towards the lockers, so the sound doesn’t travel all the way to Spider-Man... but yea, you should definitely hear it from the ride at least.
Yes, from the ground there's a big difference depending on where you're standing. Often, just 10 or 20 feet make a complete difference. When I'm on board the ride I'm too psyched to even pay attention to on board audio. I couldn't tell you if I ever heard a roar or not. I'm completely impervious to it. :lol:

We went on 5x during last week of May. Audio was great every time. Row 4 twice, 6 twice, 4 once.

For whatever reason, I always end up in the "modified" seat in the rows that have them. :p

I've never heard the roar on the ride. Then again, I'm screaming my head off, so I might have just never noticed it.

For whatever reason, I always end up in the "modified" seat in the rows that have them. :p

Same. Just means I get to click in an extra notch for safety!

The thing I can’t get my head around is why Universal doesn’t have a Black Panther M&G. Very little cost for a huge return.

Never had an Iron Man one either.

Both wasted opportunities.
Or Thor, or Hulk

They could definitely expand the ATV parade they do with more characters

Also, and Iron Man ride is a missed opportunity IMO

Or Thor, or Hulk

Yet, despite this, MSHI is the second most popular Island in the park. It just doesn’t require the type of attention that other areas do.

Or Thor, or Hulk

There's some great Iron Man cosplay been done.

giphy.gif

The parade they have now is almost embarrassing.

Yet, despite this, MSHI is the second most popular Island in the park. It just doesn’t require the type of attention that other areas do.

I don't really like this attitude. Upgrading should have minimal cost and Universal have done a great job of appealing to the Instagram crowd and having these characters in the park, should continue that trend.

While all of those M&Gs would be great, there would also be issues with the comic version not meeting the expectations of guests who just watched the movies. The same thing happens when Six Flags does the DC heroes. The licensing only allows the specific (comic book) versions, not the movie versions.

@GAcoaster

Probably better continuing this in the correct thread.

While all of those M&Gs would be great, there would also be issues with the comic version not meeting the expectations of guests who just watched the movies. The same thing happens when Six Flags does the DC heroes. The licensing only allows the specific (comic book) versions, not the movie versions.

Iron Man has had that many different versions that I don't think anybody would really be able to tell the difference.

MAR190826_1024x1024.jpg

spiderman-facts.jpg

61Tci7F9AcL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'd like to think with the budget that Universal has, they will be far beyond what Six Flags does.

@GAcoaster

Probably better continuing this in the correct thread.

Iron Man has had that many different versions that I don't think anybody would really be able to tell the difference.

MAR190826_1024x1024.jpg

spiderman-facts.jpg

61Tci7F9AcL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'd like to think with the budget that Universal has, they will be far beyond what Six Flags does.
Six Flags actually did a pretty good job with the DC characters. Warner Brothers is very protective of the brand.