Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would. Don’t be shocked at how little the general public knows or understands. It’s easy and smart marketing to put your sole focus on one message rather than a bunch of different ones. I think this is all about FW

I used to work at the parks. I know how little the general public knows.

My only concern is if some website goes with a headline like:

‘Universal announces a new park along with Bourne and Jurassic World’

It’s going to sound like a kind of crappy new park.

And by the time it opens in 4+ years Bourne and JW will be open and no one will remember the initial announcement. They’ll only remember the nonstop bombardment of hype the new park will be getting in the year before it opens

I used to work at the parks. I know how little the general public knows.

And by the time it opens in 4+ years Bourne and JW will be open and no one will remember the initial announcement. They’ll only remember the nonstop bombardment of hype the new park will be getting in the year before it opens

By that logic they don’t even need to bother making an announcement until nearer the time it opens.

I would start highlighting current Universal Orlando Resort ending with Hagrid as their latest ride that just opened. It's the "this is Universal" moment, this is what you can visit now. Then I would go to "and this is what we are going to build".
I'd show concept art and/or a model of the entrance of the resort, the center piece and the name. I would highlight was is unique about the park but not going into specifics. I would highlight 1 hotel and I would highlight 1 land (Nintendo).

In the end I would be disappointed because I really want all the locations of the toilets presented to me, I think that is imported but I'm sure it will be in the next announcement.

I would start highlighting current Universal Orlando Resort ending with Hagrid as their latest ride that just opened. It's the "this is Universal" moment, this is what you can visit now. Then I would go to "and this is what we are going to build".
I'd show concept art and/or a model of the entrance of the resort, the center piece and the name. I would highlight was is unique about the park but not going into specifics. I would highlight 1 hotel and I would highlight 1 land (Nintendo).

In the end I would be disappointed because I really want all the locations of the toilets presented to me, I think that is imported but I'm sure it will be in the next announcement.

This^. It is much more likely to do a run down of greatest hits as build up and justification for a large scale resort expansion. This is a hype announcement and a way to get the expansion on press and public radar.

Tons of discussion on what they may announce but why is a question that’s intriguing. Why now? Your most popular event starts in what 39 days? Since Potter Universal has been super gun shy on pulling the trigger with announcements due to their fear of crowds not showing up and holding off visiting. Hell they didn’t announce the last several rides opening date until mere weeks before opening.

So why? Why announce it now?? I’m interested in hearing opinions on why now before I chime in my thought. Maybe I’m missing something.

Mainly joking there but maybe they grabbed a certain IP for the park and need to announce it earlier. Or Nintendo is pressuring.

I know I am against GOT in the parks, but with the supposed HHN fall out it could be that.

Tons of discussion on what they may announce but why is a question that’s intriguing. Why now? Your most popular event starts in what 39 days? Since Potter Universal has been super gun shy on pulling the trigger with announcements due to their fear of crowds not showing up and holding off visiting. Hell they didn’t announce the last several rides opening date until mere weeks before opening.

So why? Why announce it now?? I’m interested in hearing opinions on why now before I chime in my thought. Maybe I’m missing something.
:think:

Not sure why, but Universal seems to always announce new parks right as they’re about to start actual construction. Years in advance. Around the world and back home. Even Volcano Bay was announced with concept art 2 years before it opened.

Well the fact 1/3 of NBCUniversal budget is going to the parks is a huge reason why they are just saying screw it and pushing through. Additionally any losses in Orlando likely will be offset by China phased opening next year (resort opens next year without the park though), Japan opening of SNW in the summer, and Hollywood.

Maybe it’s a Comcast corporate decision. With all the capital they’re investing in a streaming service that won’t debut for a year, investors might need reassurance with an announcement for the highly successful theme park division.

The streaming service isn't even coming close to the amount of money they are putting into the parks so if anything investors would be way more nervous about the amount in the park not making back money than they would be by the streaming service.

No idea if that’s the reason but if you grabbed an IP for the new park then you have to acknowledge that park is coming. Say it is GOT and they want to stay some what relevant since the series is done. They want to announce now and you can’t just say we got GOT for the parks because then people think it’s going IOA or USF.

I really highly doubt it’s GOT and I am just spitballing really. It might just be Nintendo pressuring.

No idea if that’s the reason but if you grabbed an IP for the new park then you have to acknowledge that park is coming. Say it is GOT and they want to stay some what relevant since the series is done. They want to announce now and you can’t just say we got GOT for the parks because then people think it’s going IOA or USF.

I really highly doubt it’s GOT and I am just spitballing really. It might just be Nintendo pressuring.
Replace GOT (or any other property for that matter) with Nintendo though. It’s going in the new park, but they weren’t announced together.

Although, we all know Nintendo was originally going in USF.

Replace GOT (or any other property for that matter) with Nintendo though. It’s going in the new park, but they weren’t announced together.

Although, we all know Nintendo was originally going in USF.
That’s the issue. I believe Nintendo pushed that original announcement to happen also. It was planned for USF then plans change. I think Nintendo is like come on guys.

I think the announcement is actually going to focus more on infrastructure that supports the park and how it will impact the OCCC and that side of I-Drive. Yes, a theme park is coming. Here’s what it means: Kirkman extension; possible rail from MCO to OCCC, partially funded by Universal; another hotel.

That would actually be the biggest news, now, for Orlando. Throw in an OCCC renovation, it's huge.

What would be mind blowing is if there’s something huge coming in D23. What if it was some MGM Studios style of war, and Disney was going to announce a new park. Making it seem like Universal followed them.

I know this is insane. It most likely has to do with permit disclosure like what was discussed before. But the timeline of this and D23 doesn’t seem like an accident.

What would be mind blowing is if there’s something huge coming in D23. What if it was some MGM Studios style of war, and Disney was going to announce a new park. Making it seem like Universal followed them.

I know this is insane. It most likely has to do with permit disclosure like what was discussed before. But the timeline of this and D23 doesn’t seem like an accident.
Reminds me of a joke I made a few months back...

Status
Not open for further replies.