Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Not related to the discussion, but I thought it was neat that standing near the ride exit for only 5 minutes I saw several people choked up, even caught one woman crying in my video I posted. That was pretty cool. Most people walked off saying “what just happened” or “that was awesome”, but some were speechless or choked up. I love it when new rides can have that affect on us.

Not related to the discussion, but I thought it was neat that standing near the ride exit for only 5 minutes I saw several people choked up, even caught one woman crying in my video I posted. That was pretty cool. Most people walked off saying “what just happened” or “that was awesome”, but some were speechless or choked up. I love it when new rides can have that affect on us.

During the entire experience, I was in between pure laughter of disbelief and on the verge of tears. Truly an emotional rollercoaster for me the whole way through!!

^I remember the first day we opened up Antarctica and getting the complete opposite haha. The only one in tears was the head of creative :p

Thats pretty special though. Seems to be similar to the reactions to Potter. I can remember my first time stepping into Hogsmeade and getting the chills looking at the depth of the castle looming beyond the village. Love those moments.

^I remember the first day we opened up Antarctica and getting the complete opposite haha. The only one in tears was the head of creative :p

Thats pretty special though. Seems to be similar to the reactions to Potter. I can remember my first time stepping into Hogsmeade and getting the chills looking at the depth of the castle looming beyond the village. Love those moments.
Forbidden Journey was very much a similar way, where so much happens in just one ride that people get off truly astonished. And that’s in addition to the personal connection people feel.

There’s a part on Rise where I felt my eyes starting to swell up myself when the Star Wars theme finally kicks in, and I’m not even a big fan of the franchise.

This ride plays with your emotions like a feature film more than any other theme park attraction I’ve been on. And just like a good Hollywood film, it’s a more full and complete experience for it.

I rode yesterday and did the early morning wake up. Even though "technical difficulties" were encountered it was worth the wake up. A must for Star Wars fans and a ride like no other. The virtual boarding group is good too allowing you to do other things versus waiting "in line" I made a video of the early morning arrival and ride process and complete ride if interested. It's a *spoiler alert* of the ride but also good info to see how things work outside of the ride. I was also able to do ALL of Toy Story Land in 45 min around 7am!

Last edited by a moderator:
The creative intent of the load sequence is chaos - remember, you're getting broken out of a detention cell. You're not following your number, you're not walking in an orderly fashion... it's supposed to be go, go, go, go.

It would be a safe bet that IE and WDI butted heads on the load procedure.

I wonder how long the CM's will play the role. I recall when Orlando Transformers opened, the TM's at Universal played that type of role screaming in military fashion at everyone to hurry on the vehicle in light of the danger and mission. That was cool for immersive purposes, but unfortunately, it didn't last very long.....I really liked GESWL , but when we were there in November I never once heard any cast playing up the roles like it was reported they did at Disneyland's opening. I guess the immersive role acting edge doesn't always last....Unfortunately.

On one hand, Haunted Mansion, Tower, and Jungle Cruise skippers have maintained "it" over the years.

On the other hand, new attractions tend to get staffed with the best of the best in the beginning because there are specific postings to open the attraction. Over time as it's no longer the newest thing those CMs either move on or get promoted. Also, once staffing the attraction falls to Casting's generic "attractions" job postings, leaders just get who is sent to them from the big bucket of new hires.

Yup I wrote to disney one time about a specific employee on tower of terror being good. I doubt they still work at tower of terror otherwise someone else would have hired them.

....or it's bad industrial engineering.
C’mon man, you’ve really gotta stop it with the constant pot shots, especially inflammatory ones.

@Cup_Of_Coffee was saying was that the friend thought that moment was great.

The creative intent of the load sequence is chaos - remember, you're getting broken out of a detention cell. You're not following your number, you're not walking in an orderly fashion... it's supposed to be go, go, go, go.

It would be a safe bet that IE and WDI butted heads on the load procedure.
Exactly. The chaos is part of setting the mood for the attraction.

K, so I’ve been around these forums a lot longer than you have, but even a Universal fan like me can call a spade a spade.

Exactly, you’re dismissed.

I assure you, I've been on forums longer than you.

I never said this ride doesn't appear to be a true E ticket ride. Something Disney rarely builds in the US anymore.

However, I still stand firm that it isn't groundbreaking. Marni on Magic is saying that. I agree with his opinion that the ride may be greater than the sum of its parts, which I haven't watched. But it isn't using a brand new state of the art 3-D moving points of conversion technology, it's not ridden on the end of robot arms, its' not a roller coaster with a simulator on it. Heck it's not even the most high definition movie theater in the world with moving seats.

It's a simple trackless dark ride with lots of screens, a few AAs, a few practical effects, and an elevator that doesn't move smoothly the entire way. NOthing new, just done with a large budget because Disney is drowning in their own hotel guests, and they finally ponied up the dough for a BIG ride. They are batting .500 on new sweeping scale Star Wars rides, it seems.

We'll see if they can nail it again with MMRR or GotG. I foresee a continued .500 average.

I assure you, I've been on forums longer than you.

I never said this ride doesn't appear to be a true E ticket ride. Something Disney rarely builds in the US anymore.

However, I still stand firm that it isn't groundbreaking. Marni on Magic is saying that. I agree with his opinion that the ride may be greater than the sum of its parts, which I haven't watched. But it isn't using a brand new state of the art 3-D moving points of conversion technology, it's not ridden on the end of robot arms, its' not a roller coaster with a simulator on it. Heck it's not even the most high definition movie theater in the world with moving seats.

It's a simple trackless dark ride with lots of screens, a few AAs, a few practical effects, and an elevator that doesn't move smoothly the entire way. NOthing new, just done with a large budget because Disney is drowning in their own hotel guests, and they finally ponied up the dough for a BIG ride. They are batting .500 on new sweeping scale Star Wars rides, it seems.

We'll see if they can nail it again with MMRR or GotG. I foresee a continued .500 average.
Yes, I will say the ride looks great, but talking on the level of groundbreaking, not really, it is more of a glorified Mystic Manor when speaking in that sense.

I wonder how long the CM's will play the role. I recall when Orlando Transformers opened, the TM's at Universal played that type of role screaming in military fashion at everyone to hurry on the vehicle in light of the danger and mission. That was cool for immersive purposes, but unfortunately, it didn't last very long.....I really liked GESWL , but when we were there in November I never once heard any cast playing up the roles like it was reported they did at Disneyland's opening. I guess the immersive role acting edge doesn't always last....Unfortunately.

I think that the cast members and their roles are so integral to this experience that it would not make sense and look almost cheesy if they "give up." Again, as HandsomePete said, they are taking the best CMs and putting them in there because they can trust in their believability and commitment to those roles.

With all of the positive reviews, praise, and hype, I don't think Disney will allow them to simply "give up" on their roles, no matter if its this week or in five years. They've nailed down a certain formula that is obviously resonating with Guests; they ought to hold on to it.

7:44 and boarding groups are still being distributed! Not something that I thought would be possible, to be honest. To be fair, it is a Monday morning.

I think that the cast members and their roles are so integral to this experience that it would not make sense and look almost cheesy if they "give up." Again, as HandsomePete said, they are taking the best CMs and putting them in there because they can trust in their believability and commitment to those roles.

With all of the positive reviews, praise, and hype, I don't think Disney will allow them to simply "give up" on their roles, no matter if its this week or in five years. They've nailed down a certain formula that is obviously resonating with Guests; they ought to hold on to it.
Disney is not going to pay people to keep them working this ride.