Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Skeptical on that but we’ll see. That’s like double Rise and I believe a little larger than GMR.

That does seem doubtful. Pirates has (supposedly) a capacity around 2,400 and the Haunted Mansion is around 2,800 (per www.crooksinwdw.com, although I don't know how they derived those numbers). Mystic Manor (per Wikipedia, the source of all knowledge) has an hourly capacity of around 1,400 pph. Thus, I would have expected MMRR to be closer to Mystic than Haunted Mansion. Hopefully, it is at 2,000 pph or a little higher.

The Best study I've seen on this comes from "Hidden Magic in Disney World" Their numbers are usually the most quoted, and according to some insiders, the most accurate. Here's a few of them. I have the complete list from a couple of years ago.
Attraction.................Theoretical Ride Capacity....Operational Ride Capacity .....
Great Movie Ride.....2400......................................2160..........................................
Tower of Terror........2000.....................................1800............................................
Big Thunder...........1500........................................1350.
Splash.....................1200.......................................1080
Haunted Mansion...3200......................................2880
POC..........................3200......................................2880
Test Track...............1200......................................1080
Star Tours................1800......................................1620
Dinosaur.................2400.......................................2160
Everest...................1800.......................................1620

I'd love to see it, but I have my doubts..

Peoplemover still takes the cake though I saw a 4885 theoretical hourly capacity

Reactions: belloq87
Some of you are cracking me up here. How about we wait until we know what the ride length, amount of vehicles and dispatch times are before saying “no way” from a trusted inside.
Also amusing that the same skeptical people are the ones who were telling us without any skepticism what Hagrid’s max was of 13-14 trains. But, of course, tHiS iS DiZnEy!

That does seem doubtful. Pirates has (supposedly) a capacity around 2,400 and the Haunted Mansion is around 2,800 (per www.crooksinwdw.com, although I don't know how they derived those numbers). Mystic Manor (per Wikipedia, the source of all knowledge) has an hourly capacity of around 1,400 pph. Thus, I would have expected MMRR to be closer to Mystic than Haunted Mansion. Hopefully, it is at 2,000 pph or a little higher.
Those rides have absolutely nothing in common with this ride.

I doubt it has that high of a THRC. I expect it to be around 1400-1800.
Based on... ????

Some of you are cracking me up here. How about we wait until we know what the ride length, amount of vehicles and dispatch times are before saying “no way” from a trusted inside.
Also amusing that the same skeptical people are the ones who were telling us without any skepticism what Hagrid’s max was of 13-14 trains. But, of course, tHiS iS DiZnEy!

Those rides have absolutely nothing in common with this ride.

Based on... ????

Based on an educated guess. Using 6 people per vehicle, total of 4 vehicles per dispatch and an average of (maybe) 60 second dispatches.

Reactions: SkiBum and Andysol
"Small World" was designed for the World's Fair where capacity was an absolute must (Think 8 years of Disneyland'd attendance crammed into 12 months).

Martin's number is INSANE for a modern Disney attraction, but I'll be thrilled if it's true. If the reality is anywhere close, even with FP, that line should move.

Reactions: jrn14
Martin's number is INSANE for a modern Disney attraction, but I'll be thrilled if it's true. If the reality is anywhere close, even with FP, that line should move.

Here’s what I think happened. He asked about capacity and a source said “oh probably twice Rise”. Martin thought Rise at capacity, 1800 x 2. Source might have meant current rise capacity, which is like 700-800 x 2. But we’ll have to see, I really really doubt 3600.

Reactions: Legacy and jrn14
Here’s what I think happened. He asked about capacity and a source said “oh probably twice Rise”. Martin thought Rise at capacity, 1800 x 2. Source might have meant current rise capacity, which is like 700-800 x 2. But we’ll have to see, I really really doubt 3600.

Perhaps, but Martin seems like a pretty thorough guy who wouldn't just throw something out there if he wasn't clear on what it meant.

Perhaps, but Martin seems like a pretty thorough guy who wouldn't just throw something out there if he wasn't clear on what it meant.

Back of the napkin math, if a row has two guests (looks like that’s it based on models and concept art), each car has two rows, and based on rumors each train has 4 cars. Each train has 16 guests. Ok.

To match 3600 guests an hour that means 60 guests a minute, or 1 guest a second average dispatch. Meaning a full train must leave every 16 seconds, or two every 32. This includes leaving, new one arriving, boarding, and dispatching. That seems totally inadequate.

Now, let’s assume it’s around the old GMR rumored THRC of 2400 guests an hour. That’s a dispatch every 24 seconds, or two trains every 48 seconds. That’s better!

Let’s keep going. 2000 guests an hour? Dispatch one train every 28.8 seconds.

Let’s go the other way. Let’s assume that 48 second dispatch for two trains is their goal. Going backwards the rows would need 3 guests per row which none of the concept art has shown. Or five cars per train which is rumored not to be the length.

This concept art looks like three or four people per row...
1203_n13_disney_mickey_minnie_runaway_railway

Reactions: Alicia
I went and checked on Magic, and I'm fairly certain the 3600 number is in relation to the Peoplemover, because Martin drops that number in the middle of a conversation about that ride's capacity.

So it would appear to be a false alarm. I knew it was too good to be true.

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
I went and checked on Magic, and I'm fairly certain the 3600 number is in relation to the Peoplemover, because Martin drops that number in the middle of a conversation about that ride's capacity.

So it would appear to be a false alarm. I knew it was too good to be true.
Normally when he just drops things he cares less about the existing conversation so that's why I took it as him talking about MMRR. Also I didn't notice the conversation of Peoplemover capacity... :ninja:

Either way, makes sense that it was a false alarm bc I was extremely surprised at that number as well.

Last edited by a moderator: