Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anything been mentioned about the resorts?

Just got a survey from Aventura asking me what all I'd expect to see in regards to cleanliness/changes made at the hotel before I rebooked as well as how likely I am to travel. I think they're trying to gauge how many rooms they'll realistically be able/need to open.

Just got a survey from Aventura asking me what all I'd expect to see in regards to cleanliness/changes made at the hotel before I rebooked as well as how likely I am to travel. I think they're trying to gauge how many rooms they'll realistically be able/need to open.
If they end up running the parks at 30% (which may be on a high end to start), that means around 30,000 TOTAL max capacity between USF and IOA as both around around 50K capacity. Initially, i'd expect most guests to be locals, and Universal has 8 hotels, with how many room now? 15K? I'd say they probably could go without opening a few of their hotels to start and run the rest at a max of 30-35% capacity (possibly less), considering how large some of their hotels are.

The good news is that Aventura was designed to look and feel like a sterile hospital so they probably won't need to do much to get it up to code.

Did they announce what is happening with APs?

Is it just here are the days you missed or anything else? Like an extra month or two added on? Or a free ticket for friends?

Did they announce what is happening with APs?

Is it just here are the days you missed or anything else? Like an extra month or two added on? Or a free ticket for friends?
IDK about Universal, but Disney is giving back every day that your ticket was valid during the closure, so I assume Universal is doing something similar.

Saw a Sapphire Falls survey out too asking about what you’d expect when they reopen, and how soon you’d be willing to book another stay. These surveys are from Loews, not Universal, (as they run the hotels).
Interestingly enough, Loews doesn’t have any of their hotels opening until June 1st across their entire portfolio. Nashville will be the first to open, if I recall correctly.
So they won’t have much first-hand experience by the time the Orlando parks open. Though there are plenty of other open hotels, so they have lots of data to extract from how other chains have done it.

Universal has 8 hotels, with how many room now? 15K? I'd say they probably could go without opening a few of their hotels to start and run the rest at a max of 30-35% capacity (possibly less), considering how large some of their hotels are.
All 8 resorts are still accepting bookings for any date in June. So if they decide to shutter a hotel or two, they better do it quick. Then again, they can easily upgrade existing reservations to other hotels (close sapphire and upgrade to royal pacific or portifino, for example).

Interestingly enough, Loews doesn’t have any of their hotels opening until June 1st across their entire portfolio. Nashville will be the first to open, if I recall correctly.
So they won’t have much first-hand experience by the time the Orlando parks open. Though there are plenty of other open hotels, so they have lots of data to extract from how other chains have done it.

All 8 resorts are still accepting bookings for any date in June. So if they decide to shutter a hotel or two, they better do it quick. Then again, they can easily upgrade existing reservations to other hotels (close sapphire and upgrade to royal pacific or portifino, for example).
and Portofino was in the process of again redoing their rooms anyway, so they're already probably at reduced capacity.

All 8 resorts are still accepting bookings for any date in June. So if they decide to shutter a hotel or two, they better do it quick.
and Portofino was in the process of again redoing their rooms anyway, so they're already probably at reduced capacity.
As of a few days ago, Portofino and Dockside are no longer accepting reservations until July.

Just got a non confidential survey from Loews. Questions asked to rate their safety precautions.....and make comments of what you expected of their amenities, restaurants etc.....The most interesting point is they asked about reaction to a cleaning room policy whereby you could set the level of service and the time....Damn, I do like that 'time of service'. That's often an issue when on vacation. That could be a pretty good thing to keep standard when it's all done with cv scares. .

Status
Not open for further replies.