Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you meant 6/15, but yeah. Two weeks is just... I mean, I guess if we're gonna do it...
I think Universal wants the parks running like a well oiled machine by the time HHN comes around so they want all the time being open that they can get.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I only just now joined the livestream. Could we maybe have people type out the main info with time stamps?
I don't know if other theme parks were mentioned, but it should be interesting to see what happens with Disney and Seaworld

Meeting Video Timestamps:
1:48 - Mayor's Welcome
12:10 - Public Comment
28:49 - Presentation on Conflicts of interest
35:51 - Health Presentation
44:17 - Universal's Presentation
1:01:47 - County Review of Universal
1:05:26 - Motion and Recusals
1:08:26 - Vote on Universal
1:12:34 - Presentation on small attractions from Bringing Back Tourism working group
1:17:02 - County review of small attractions
1:20:16 - Discussion about approval process by the state
1:22:47 - Motion and Recusals on small attractions
1:24:26 - Vote on small attractions
1:25:15 - Discussion of funding for small businesses
1:32:57 - Question about County financial position
1:38:09 - Mayor comments about submitting theme park plans to state
1:39:29 - Question about schools for fall
1:42:09 - Question about parks compliance
1:43:56 - Mayor's closing comments

Youtube video:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but wanted to ask a couple important questions in case someone might not know.

Will June 3rd or 5th be when the AP “clock” starts again. Or- will the “clock” start when you use your pass for the first time again?

The official last day was March 15th. So if the clock starts up again on June 3, your pass would be extended 79 days from the original expiration date. If 5th, 81 days.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but wanted to ask a couple important questions in case someone might not know.

Will June 3rd or 5th be when the AP “clock” starts again. Or- will the “clock” start when you use your pass for the first time again?

The official last day was March 15th. So if the clock starts up again on June 3, your pass would be extended 79 days from the original expiration date. If 5th, 81 days.

I’ve been thinking the same thing for people refusing to go to the parks while you have to wear a mask.

Granted, it’s the new normal to go to the parks with a mask right now but plenty of people didn’t sign up for an AP with that in mind.

I’ve been thinking the same thing for people refusing to go to the parks while you have to wear a mask.

Granted, it’s the new normal to go to the parks with a mask right now but plenty of people didn’t sign up for an AP with that in mind.
Well, right. But specially, for me, at risk people have no business going to the park; and Universal should have no expectation that they should come.
It’s gotta be a “reasonable” start time (say, Jan 1 or something) or first use. Anything other than that is simply unfair to the at risk people.

I've been told that if you purchased your pass outright it has been extended 3 months.

I've been told that if you purchased your pass outright it has been extended 3 months.
Appreciate the information @Joe

Man... for young healthy folks, that’s fine. Being scared to go could easily be argued as an invalid excuse to extend the pass. Granted, I’m surprised they’re willing to argue that.

But if you’re at risk? 3 months isn’t nearly enough time unless a miracle treatment or cure appears.

Sigh. I wish they’d reconsider that, and the backlash may force them to.

Just as clarification, the reopening plans approved today by the task force still need to go to Mayor Demings and Gov Desantis for their approval before becoming finalized. Mayor Demings stated that he intends to send the plans for small attractions to the governor this afternoon, and that he wants to think some more about Universal's before sending it to the governor tomorrow morning. So nothing is official yet.
The next Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force meeting is scheduled for Wed. May 27 at 10 am, so I would expect to hear from Disney and Seaworld at that time about what their plans are.

The reopening plans include a team member only opening on June 1 & 2, passholders on June 3 & 4, and finally opening in a limited capacity to the public on June 5. The plan now awaits approval from O.C. Mayor Demings and Gov. DeSantis.

Status
Not open for further replies.